Author Topic: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!  (Read 69779 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 09:11:00 am »
I think that was an orange, ilikesanta.

ORANGE mostly.
Micah isn't technically a SUPERgenius, but he does fix stuff, not sure if it is telekinesis or what.
Appears to be: Technokinesis (sometimes called Cyberkinesis, Technopathy or Cyberpathy) is the ability to mentally manipulate technology and/or machines.

Also, the cop had a tattoo on his neck as did the pyro. Could this be a tattoo that signifies they are special, or a tattoo that signifies when they meet?
I think that's a catch and release tag from our good friend Mr. Bennet.
Sort of overstated though.  :-\

And who's side is that guy really on? O_o
Remember, he probably thinks he's the good guy protecting normal people from dangerous freaks.  It also seems like he might actually love his daughter.

at least we know how that A-bomb is going to explode
My crazy specilation is that the abomb isn't a bomd but radioactive man we just meet in the last episode
I have a feeling Mr. Radioactive might be a red herring.  I could be wrong though.  It's seems . . . too blatant.

Claire's brother . . . what would the kid do?
That was character development.  Claire is a teenager.  She's not worried about the big picture; she's worried about upsetting her parents.  That's a big deal to her.

whatever happened to the whole scene with Matt collapsing at the drug store?
They seemed to just skip it, like it wasn't a problem.   >:(  Oh, and my wife's cheating on me.  I feel sorry for the guy.  Can we say BUSHROOTED!  (If you don't know what that means, it will make me feel old.)

but maybe he gets his brains eaten?
I can't wait till they reveal if that's what's happening or just our rampant speculation, but I think there is some brain eating going on, too.

Not a spoiler! (Wow, we "spoil" a lot.)
I think Hiro's catch phrase should be:

IT'S HIRO TIME!

It's great on so many levels.  I already said as much on his "blog."  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 11:51:42 pm by Slartibartfast »

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 11:59:54 am »
ORANGE
Remember, he probably thinks he's the good guy protecting normal people from dangerous freaks.  It also seems like he might actually love his daughter.

Who ever said he was doing that?
I'm guessing he's part of some organization to track all this and other such things. (That doesn't include going after them. We haven't actually seen him do anything 'Bad' per se. We've just seen clips of him doing things that look suspicious. We've no proof he even had anything to do with the death of Sheresh's father

Maroon, AKA, FROM An OFFICAL Video preview for upcoming episodes shown eigther after an episode's airing as a commerical or on the NBC Heroes website. Doesn't seem to be a catagory for anything like that.

According to a video clip I saw on the site, Mr.Bennet is asking for Issac's help with something... He's sitting on a table in a doctors office like room.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 04:00:48 am »
I'ld say commericals/anything that airs on TV are yellow, just be sure to mention that it's a commerical or whatever in the warning.  If you've seen it cool, if not read at your own risk.

Orange.
Who ever said he was doing that?
I'm guessing he's part of some organization to track all this and other such things. (That doesn't include going after them. We haven't actually seen him do anything 'Bad' per se. We've just seen clips of him doing things that look suspicious. We've no proof he even had anything to do with the death of Sheresh's father

I didn't say he was, I was just raising the possibility that his motives, not actually being known, may be in fact well intentioned
Yes, he's some sort of watcher, so the question does come down to why does he watch and for who?  The problem is we really don't have a clue yet.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 04:01:41 am »
I like "Hiro (Future)" stats! I bet i would do that to if i was a super hero. Oh well i guess a Naucean from Naucanica will have to do :P

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 06:25:22 pm »
maybe spoilers?

i loved the personality of that waitress in the coffee shop that died. And i hope Hiro brings her back if he does his time traveling correctly! And what was Mr. Bennet saying about the guy in the coat killing people. He said he killed someone before he kills his daughter which will happen next week. I am wondering who that person was and did we meet them?
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 07:18:31 pm »
Spoilers...
You mean, Sylar? We haven't met him yet but we most likely will in the next episode. I must say, Hiro is on a roll. He has probably saved more people than any of the heroes. Also, liked the ending of the last episodes....*photo of Hiro and waitress at her birthday*  :D She might be an important character in the series if Sylar had a reason to kill her.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 10:55:52 am »
Spoilers...
You mean, Sylar? We haven't met him yet but we most likely will in the next episode. I must say, Hiro is on a roll. He has probably saved more people than any of the heroes. Also, liked the ending of the last episodes....*photo of Hiro and waitress at her birthday*  :D She might be an important character in the series if Sylar had a reason to kill her.

I think when Sylar kills other people with powers, he adopts their abilities. I'm not sure if that's his power or if it's part of having powers in the series. I may be wrong, but that's truly what I think is happening with him because he obviously has more than one power. Also: Peter is the only one that I can think of with the power to take Sylar down in a fight.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 07:44:39 pm »
Spoilers...

I think when Sylar kills other people with powers, he adopts their abilities. I'm not sure if that's his power or if it's part of having powers in the series. I may be wrong, but that's truly what I think is happening with him because he obviously has more than one power. Also: Peter is the only one that I can think of with the power to take Sylar down in a fight.
How is that? Peter has just barely begun to use the powers ( yeah, I know he helps the cheerleader in the next show teaser) I also find it strange that the cheerleader must be saved since she is after all, invincible. It doesn't really seem possible to kill her at all. Anyways... ITS HIRO TIME!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 10:41:44 pm »
Spoilers...

How is that? Peter has just barely begun to use the powers ( yeah, I know he helps the cheerleader in the next show teaser) I also find it strange that the cheerleader must be saved since she is after all, invincible. It doesn't really seem possible to kill her at all. Anyways... ITS HIRO TIME!

Peter's power is that he absorbs the powers of people around him. Which means he'd get all of Sylar's powers and hers, if he was forced to fight Sylar. And she's not invincible against Sylar: The guy can seemingly scalp someone in seconds, way faster than even she can heal. All he'd have to do is behead her. She's definitely in danger from him, without a doubt.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 01:12:52 pm »
Nice observation. So I guess that means Peter kind of absorbed his brother's power.  Also what can Nikki/Jessica do to help? It seems all she does it get revenge on the people who want to hurt her and kills them.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 10:00:24 pm »
For the record, I like the color code much better.

Orange Spoiler

Nikki/Jessica is like a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde type thing. Her Mr. Hyde can rip people to shreds, too. So she is a force to be reckoned with. And here's how I think our hero's powers compare:

1. Hiro
2. Peter
3. Sylar
4. Cheerleader (forgot name :P)
5. The rest in no definite order.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 10:31:25 pm »
Really True....
I would want Hiro's powers the most...

Maybe we should start a list of records of how many people each Hero saves(so far):

Hiro : 4 (maybe more)(if you include Future Hiro's message then its 4 billion)
Peter: 0(if you include Future Hiro's message then its 4 billion)
Nathan:0
Nikki/Jessica: -5 or 4
Matt:1 or more
Claire the cheerleader:1(so far)
The Painter:0
Micah:0

EDIT: Actually, never mind the list. They would all eventually save everyone.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 11:16:57 pm »
Crazy Spoliers

I think the reason in the end of the last epsode where Hiro went back in time but nothing changed. I think he made friends with the waitress and got here to start here trip around the world early, but the Phycho killer guy went and killed the wrong waitress.

Also did any one see the trailer for the new episode, it looked like in one scene the there were two copies of the Indian guy. like he might have powers like multiple man? I always miss the last bit of the comercial so i could be wrong. Can anyone comfirm or deny what I saw?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2006, 01:28:50 am »
For the record, I like the color code much better.
Thank you.  I have never liked having to hit quote or having to cut and paste to read a message.  This thread is for the fans.  We should not have to worry about spoiling it for some random passerby.

Anyway,
Spoilers...

Peter's power is that he absorbs the powers of people around him. Which means he'd get all of Sylar's powers and hers, if he was forced to fight Sylar. And she's not invincible against Sylar: The guy can seemingly scalp someone in seconds, way faster than even she can heal. All he'd have to do is behead her. She's definitely in danger from him, without a doubt.
ORANGES Follow:
Claire is definitely not invincible.  Remember when she had the stick stuck in her head?  She was clinically dead for, at least, a few hours.  More than enough time to take her brain.

Crazy Spoliers

I think the reason in the end of the last epsode where Hiro went back in time but nothing changed. I think he made friends with the waitress and got here to start here trip around the world early, but the Phycho killer guy went and killed the wrong waitress.

Also did any one see the trailer for the new episode, it looked like in one scene the there were two copies of the Indian guy. like he might have powers like multiple man? I always miss the last bit of the comercial so i could be wrong. Can anyone comfirm or deny what I saw?
1.  That's what I'm thinking too.  Sylar, using Mohinder's father's research could only figure out WHERE they were.  He'd have to figure out WHO they were.
2.  I'm not sure anymore, whether Mohinder will have powers or not, considering the revelation his dead sister was "special."  I don't think he'll have multiple man powers, however.  I'm sure it was another dream sequence we're he is watching himself again.

Dark Orange:  Did you read the papers Mohinder found?  Sleep study reveals new area of brain.  I think all the powers are controlled by that area.  It may even be the part the stick got stuck in(see above).  That also makes it the part Sylar wants.  I'm still not sure if Sylar has stolen any powers or is just a master of telekinesis, like I proposed earlier.  If it's anything like Aberrant (see first post) he's not doing it to  steal their powers, he's taking the hormones from that area to get super high.
Also, if you watch the computer screen, Nikki's tattoo went by as a gap in the DNA code that was being . . . calculated(?).

Two alternate oranges but red if either theory is right:
I've been thinking about why Claire is so important.

Theory One: While Claire's power is pretty cool and it would be a problem if Sylar got it, assuming he can take powers.  I don't think saving the world is intrinsically related to either of them.  It's about Mr. Bennett's general response to "specials."  Currently, he has a wait and watch attitude about the whole thing.  If his daughter was murdered by one, however, he would most likely take very negative and proactive actions against all of them.  He would use his influence to change his agency from watching to eliminating specials, or go rogue and do it himself.  The consequences could spiral out of control in a dozen different ways.  Or, Claire could be saved by specials and he forms a top secret team of them to police the others. 

Theory Two:  It's not Claire that needs saving!  :o  It's the cheerleader that took credit for what Claire did. (Name?)  Remember Sylar doesn't know who, just where.  He has to figure it out for himself and guesses wrong.  A pretty blond cheerleader having her brain taken after her homecoming dance WILL make it into the national news.  There will be no way of covering it up.  Heck, if that happened in the real world, we'd never hear the end of it, till it was solved.  Eventually, the public learns about the specials, anti-special sentiment skyrockets, insert X-men like comparisons and events, etc., the world descends into chaos.          

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2006, 12:18:16 pm »
Nice observation. So I guess that means Peter kind of absorbed his brother's power.  Also what can Nikki/Jessica do to help? It seems all she does it get revenge on the people who want to hurt her and kills them.
I'm relatively certain she possesses super-strength.