Author Topic: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!  (Read 68935 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:39:14 am »
the frist two episodes were alright and I've been waiting for it to pick up steam and start getting all the "heros" togerther but finally after the thrid episode it's starting to get good. The cliff hanger got me hooked from now on, you can sign me up for the cult. I read in the Seattle Times- (maybe it was the P.I.?) that it's one of the seasons winners so here's to hoping that we'll have many seasons of this show.

Its ratings are good enough to pretty much guarantee it gets picked up for two more seasons. Whatever decisions are made about maintaining beyond that will likely be made at that time.

ON episode 3 one gripe *minor Spoiler* how could the political brother not know that the chick isn't a striper/hooker she totally did a striper move on him?

'Cause he's not overly bright.

Also why were poeple trying to set him up, I missed that part.

SPOILER
They want to support his candidacy by giving him a donation, but they want to make sure that they can control him once he wins. A donation doesn't mean he'll do anything they say. Having a video of him cheating on his wife provides them leverage to use if they ever want him to do something on their behalf.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 02:10:04 pm »
For some reason I found this in a different thread. ???

Ratings: Heroes goes up and away

NBC sci-fi drama becomes highest-rated new fall show; Studio 60 ticks up as well.

Heroes is showing muscle.

Heroes: Sylar was here. Last night's episode of the freshman series matched its highest ratings yet, 6.2 rating/15 share in 18- to 49-year-olds, with 14.3 million total viewers, according to Nielsen overnights. That's almost 10 percent better than last week's episode, and it makes Heroes the highest-rated new show of the 2006 fall season.

Heroes received a full season order from NBC on October 5, and on Sunday the network ran a marathon. The higher numbers could be attributed to viewers who were on the fence about the serialized drama watching the marathon and liking what they saw.

At 8 p.m., NBC and Deal or No Deal won a 4.4 in 18 to 49s, with CBS earning a combined 3.3 for How I Met Your Mother at a 3.6 and The Class at 2.9. Fox and Prison Break ran away with a 3.2, ABC's Wife Swap blissed a 2.8, and the CW earned a 1.2 for Everybody Hates Chris and All of Us.

At 9 p.m., Heroes soared to its 6.2, followed by CBS with a combined 4.3 for Two and a Half Men at 4.7 and The New Adventures of Old Christine at 3.9. The Bachelor romanced a 3.2 on ABC, and Fox earned a 2.0 for delivering Justice. The CW scored a combined 1.2 for Girlfriends and The Game.

In the 10 p.m. slot, CBS's CSI: Miami and David Caruso took over with a 5.9, followed by NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip at 3.2--a slight uptick from last week's 3.1. ABC asked What About Brian and received a 2.7 answer.

Overall, NBC earned a 4.6 rating/12 share in 18-49s, with 12.5 million average viewers; CBS a 4.5/11, 13.3 million; ABC a 2.9/7, 7.2 million; Fox a 2.6/7, 7.3 million; and the CW a 1.2/3, 2.8 million.

Excellant.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 12:01:10 am »
I'm sad to find out that the one girl is playing for the other team :'(
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 12:51:24 am »
I guessed she was when they introduced her. I predicted a lot of things that were revealed in the new episode. Of course, the only person I said it to was my roommate and she really doesn't care. :P

Speculation and Concerns:
1. Everyone needs to learn how to convey information when using a phone. Peter said 'meet me in New York,' like it's a small town. Hiro forgot to mention the explosion.
2. I'm worried one of those temporal rifts Hiro keeps worrying about is the cause of the explosion. :o
Example: They really didn't save that girl from the truck considering they caused the accident. Irony at it's most potent.
3. Silar(sp?) is eating those brains and gaining their powers, Highlander style. That means only Peter has a chance at stopping him.
4. Hiro and Issac are doomed. Having characters that can travel/see through time is cool when you've got the season planned out, but it's inconveint for the writers later. They'll be dead by episode two of season two. Unless, they've secretly pulled a Babylon 5 and have an outline for the next 5 to 7 years. I doubt that.
5. What happened to the cop(Matt Parkman) in the convenience store? Is he in a coma? Jail? This guy's horribly unlucky. He'll be dead or bushrooted by the end of the season. :'(
6. The kid's not just a genuis, he's a SUPER-Genuis. Just wait. It will happen.
7. I think Claire was grown in a test tube. I'm just guessing on this one, but it seems likely.

Save the cheerleader. Save the world.

While that sounds cryptic, my roommate pointed out it sounds stupid out of context in a commerical. If you don't already know what it means, you won't care enough to find out. Comments?

I think I'm going to post in Hiro's blog, just to do it. If you join in try to pretend it's for real. Those are the most fun to read. ;D

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 09:45:59 am »
I guessed she was when they introduced her. I predicted a lot of things that were revealed in the new episode. Of course, the only person I said it to was my roommate and she really doesn't care. :P

1. Everyone needs to learn how to convey information when using a phone. Peter said 'meet me in New York,' like it's a small town. Hiro forgot to mention the explosion.
2. I'm worried one of those temporal rifts Hiro keeps worrying about is the cause of the explosion. :o
Example: They really didn't save that girl from the truck considering they caused the accident. Irony at it's most potent.
3. Silar(sp?) is eating those brains and gaining their powers, Highlander style. That means only Peter has a chance at stopping him.
4. Hiro and Issac are doomed. Having characters that can travel/see through time is cool when you've got the season planned out, but it's inconveint for the writers later. They'll be dead by episode two of season two. Unless, they've secretly pulled a Babylon 5 and have an outline for the next 5 to 7 years. I doubt that.
5. What happened to the cop(Matt Parkman) in the convenience store? Is he in a coma? Jail? This guy's horribly unlucky. He'll be dead or bushrooted by the end of the season. :'(
6. The kid's not just a genuis, he's a SUPER-Genuis. Just wait. It will happen.
7. I think Claire was grown in a test tube. I'm just guessing on this one, but it seems likely.

Save the cheerleader. Save the world.

While that sounds cryptic, my roommate pointed out it sounds stupid out of context in a commerical. If you don't already know what it means, you won't care enough to find out. Comments?

I think I'm going to post in Hiro's blog, just to do it. If you join in try to pretend it's for real. Those are the most fun to read. ;D

Slartibartfast, you might want to add a [MASSIVE SPOILERS] warning onto the thread title if we're not going to render spoilers of the series illegible.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 05:24:47 pm »
*SPOILERS*
Yeah, I do agree with Slarti 's comments. Although:
1.Doesn't Peter already know about the explosion from the painter?
It would make more sense if future Hiro told Peter where to go to find the cheerleader that way they could save her.
True, the cop won't make a lasting appearance since he hasn't made any connection to the other "heroes" at all yet.
Claire does probably have parents. Just she doesn't know who they are yet and the "biological" parents are most likely fake.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 07:35:15 pm »
**SPOILERS**

3. Silar(sp?) is eating those brains and gaining their powers, Highlander style.  That means only Peter has a chance at stopping him.

Which one is Silar? Is he the tall, shadowy figure? I don't remember any brain eating.

4. Hiro and Issac are doomed.  Having characters that can travel/see through time is cool when you've got the season planned out, but it's inconveint for the writers later.  They'll be dead by episode two of season two.  Unless, they've secretly pulled a Babylon 5 and have an outline for the next 5 to 7 years.  I doubt that.

They mentioned that Hiro was put in relatively late in the script writing.

5. What happened to the cop(Matt Parkman) in the convenience store?  Is he in a coma?  Jail?  This guy's horribly unlucky.  He'll be dead or bushrooted by the end of the season.   :'( 
He went home and made love to his wife. I don't recall anything else happening.

6. The kid's not just a genuis, he's a SUPER-Genuis.  Just wait.  It will happen.

Which kid?

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 09:21:25 pm »
That prodigy kid that Nikki(that Dr.Jekel and Hyde woman) has as a son.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 01:00:52 am »
Slartibartfast, you might want to add a [MASSIVE SPOILERS] warning onto the thread title if we're not going to render spoilers of the series illegible.
I was sort of hoping the 15-point, orange letters might serve as a clue, but ok.

Spoiler Alert Levels.
Red -- This is an actually official spoiler from a show that has not aired. These are normally found at hard core fansites. I will not post them, or read them, because I like to figure things out for myself.
Orange -- This is the sort of wild speculation I like to make about TV shows. Based on what I've seen I make a guess, without double checking some official site.
Yellow -- This is aired episode information. If you've seen the episode in question it's not a spoiler. If you missed it you might want to skip these.
Green -- Basic show information. If you've seen one episode you should already know this. Basic Character Summaries show also go here.
Blue -- Behind the camera info. While not directly related to the plot, it might give hints to what they're doing.
1-Which one is Silar? Is he the tall, shadowy figure? I don't remember any brain eating.

2-They mentioned that Hiro was put in relatively late in the script writing.

3-He went home and made love to his wife. I don't recall anything else happening.

4-Which kid?
1. SPOILER ALERT LEVEL Orange! Yes, the shadowy one whose face we haven't seen. The brain eating is speculation based on what we've seen so far. The FBI agent said that there had been a string of bizarre mutilation murders, but only some of the victims had their brains removed. I think he's only taking the brain if they have powers. The grab bag of powers he demonstrated when he was trying to get the little girl suggests he can absorb the powers of his victims, in some fashion. Why take their brains unless it's part of the process? However, all the powers we've seen him use could also be explained if he was a MASTER of telekinesis: we've seen him move things with his mind, therefore his flight and superstrength are merely applications of that power. When he was shot, he didn't heal quickly or possess invunerablity , he stopped the bullets with his mind! Either way, he's a super-powered serial killer.

2. Blue: I did not know that.

3. Yellow: Remember, after that he went to the convenience store to get coffee flavored ice cream, for his wife, and stopped that guy from robbing the place? Then he had the gun, but no one else had seen the other guy put it down so everyone there thought HE was trying to rob the place. It seems he was overwhelmed by their thoughts and passed out, and that's the last time we've seen him. I hope the video cameras caught the robber putting the gun down or he'll have a hard time explaining what happened.

That prodigy kid that Nikki(that Dr.Jekel and Hyde woman) has as a son.
Micah.

*SPOILERS*
Yeah, I do agree with Slarti 's comments. Although:
1.Doesn't Peter already know about the explosion from the painter?
2.It would make more sense if future Hiro told Peter where to go to find the cheerleader that way they could save her.
3.True, the cop won't make a lasting appearance since he hasn't made any connection to the other "heroes" at all yet.
4.Claire does probably have parents. Just she doesn't know who they are yet and the "biological" parents are most likely fake.
Orange and Yellow:
1. Yes, but the Hiro in the present doesn't known that so he should have told him immediately. Edit: Also, Hiro nows WHEN!

2. He might have felt too much information would cause a "temporal rift". I don't know what this truly implies in the show, but I feel Future Hiro knows it as a fact, as opposed to Present Hiro merely speculating on the matter.

3. My money's on Matt being the downtrodden, underdog hero. Like Aquaman or Blue Beetle. Unless he's bushrooted into being a villian.

4. I'm sure she has biological parents, but I think she was conceived specifically as part of some sort of genics program, like Weapon X. The BIG question is WHY is she part of the MIB's family? Was she assigned to him or did he secretly rescue her from a lab? Does he really love her as a daughter or is he just pretending. It's pretty ambiguous either way. Oh, and the "biological parents" we saw had to be fakes based on the little chat "Dad" had with them when they were getting into their car.

New Concern:
The prophecy is: Save the cheerleader. Save the world.
It's not save the city or New York. It's save the WORLD. While I know hyperbole runs rampant in the comic book genre, what if he was being more literal? I know a nuke in New York might set of might set off World War 3, but what if it was more sinister than that? We don't know who or what caused the explosion or whether it was actually a nuke. But the question I'm raising right now is -- What if there's more than one explosion to be averted? Hiro can only be in one place at a time. We don't know what was happening anywhere else. What if major cities all over the world are going to blow up? One would think Issac would forsee those as well, but what if he's subconsciously focused on his hometown, or suffering from the old the Sci-Fi cliche of a psychic not seeing too far past his own death. Just a random thought. Make of it what you will.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:33:08 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 07:39:52 am »
I was sort of hoping the 15-point, orange letters might serve as a clue, but ok.

Okay. It's not just about you. It's about the fact that most of the comments in this thread aren't just general comments about the show. Most require someone saying "*SPOILER*" in front of them, so lets let people know ahead of time that this thread is filled with spoilers and the odds of them having a general conversation in here isn't likely without them getting more information than they might want.

Also: Thanks for the in-depth explanation of your spoiler system. I just personally think this works better. But to each his or her own. :)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 07:41:14 pm »
Orange Spoiler Alert!

In my opinion, save the cheerleader etc... is being taken far too literally. Everyone at the moment thinks that she will die, though they don't know of her uber-regeneration. Silar most likely confronts her, and as he goes to eat her brain, poof! no more wound. Based on that, I'd say she is indestructible (or really damn close). So saving her may actually mean saving her from "the dark side," or maybe even her dad. Save her, have her fight on your side, win. That is my guess.

And thanks for informing me. I actually missed the first episode.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 02:46:41 am »
Here's the The Official/Unofficial Fan Site for Heroes.
Warning: it's Tim Kring's (the show's creator) fan site, so it has a very large spoiler section. Its episode guide is even five shows ahead. Must . . . fight urge . . . to look. I might even sign up. I'll need a new secret identity though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:34:22 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 01:39:09 pm »
Yellow Spoiler Alert!

Well, the latest episode certainly cleared a few things up a bit?

Micah isn't technically a SUPERgenius, but he does fix stuff, not sure if it is telekinesis or what.

We found out what happened to the police officer. I found the dialog inside his partner's head quiet amusing (sadistic, I know) :D

Also, the cop had a tattoo on his neck as did the pyro. Could this be a tattoo that signifies they are special, or a tattoo that signifies when they meet?

And who's side is that guy really on? O_o

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 05:14:20 pm »
I find the story progressing very, very, slowly.... I mean, there wasn't a big change in the story from last night's episode
Spoilers - from TV show

Well, at least we know how that A-bomb is going to explode but the whole Claire's brother finding out her secret wasn't such a big deal. Honestly, what would the kid do? And also whatever happened to the whole scene with Matt collapsing at the drug store? Nothing really happened between the Petrelli brothers so nothing much there. I hope this show starts to get to the good stuff.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 06:56:56 pm »
That's the problem I had with the latest episode is that all the heros all are over the place, so the sorry is bogged down a lot, and it's odd because the last two episodes were really getting the show going.

Spoiler My crazy specilation is that the abomb isn't a bomd but radioactive man we just meet in the last episode. Major givaway was when he said he didn't know what whould happen to him if he got shot. Only problem with this theory is that I don't think radioactive man is in New York, but maybe he gets his brains eaten?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures