Author Topic: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!  (Read 69006 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC --- Warning: Spoilers Abound!
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2006, 03:07:59 pm »
The one that was on this Monday.. Tuesday? Whenever it's on  :P  The one with the paintings
Do you have any idea how vague that is?  If your talking about the most recent one on Monday it was actually pretty good.
Only the second episode has left me feeling disappointed after watching it.  Maybe this show's not for you.  Maybe you should watch it from the beginning so it will all make more sense to you. 
The Sci-fi Channel marathon on Nov. 29 of the first 6 episodes should help.

That was kind of my point, I wasn't trying to have any spoilers, and you figured it out  :P  Yes I've been told that it's better if I watch it from the beginning. But so far all my RL friends who watch the show still say I picked the worst episode to start watching it. And that may have been the only episode I've ever seen and I might know nothing about the series but even I can tell you that was a really bad episode.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »
Grr I missed the first half of the show because I was watching my hawks on Monday night football. Thank god they replay the episodes on the interweb. I was sad at the end with the Hiro story line.  :'(
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2006, 10:40:17 pm »
Yeah, I felt the same way. I admit, I actually prefer it that way. It just goes to show that hero can't save everyone. btw When Hiro teleported after he was about to kiss Charlie, did he teleport to the present and then traveled back to Texas or just back to Japan, wait six months, then traveled to Texas?
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2006, 10:38:09 am »
Yeah, I felt the same way. I admit, I actually prefer it that way. It just goes to show that hero can't save everyone. btw When Hiro teleported after he was about to kiss Charlie, did he teleport to the present and then traveled back to Texas or just back to Japan, wait six months, then traveled to Texas?

He was about to kiss Charlie, then teleported to the present day in Japan. From there, he seems to have taken a plane and taxi back to the diner where Ando was waiting dutifully like a puppy for days. At least, that's what I'm assuming based on one of their co-workers saying, "I thought you and Ando were vacationing in America?"

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:29 pm »
i cried so hard from the Hiro ending. But she would have lived 6 more months right? Even with the tumor. I really liked that girl and wanted her to live!

But now that Syrus guy is out and we know who he is. This last episode really summed up alot of my questions. But now more questions are being revealed also!
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2006, 06:43:51 pm »
The only question that really wasn't answered for me was "How did they get their powers?" Genetics just seems the easy way out for the writers of the show.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2006, 08:49:12 pm »
The only question that really wasn't answered for me was "How did they get their powers?" Genetics just seems the easy way out for the writers of the show.
You know, Not everyone can be lucky enough to get their superpowers through chemical explosions or being jetisioned to other solar systems.

;)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2006, 09:25:11 pm »
I believe that was Marvel's idea behind X-men i.e. they could create any number of superheroes they wanted without having to give detailed background information on how they got them in the first place for each character.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2006, 11:10:15 am »
I believe that was Marvel's idea behind X-men i.e. they could create any number of superheroes they wanted without having to give detailed background information on how they got them in the first place for each character.

I always thought using genetics as the explanation for superpowers was a cop-out.  I guess it works for some powers such as regeneration for Claire and Wolverine, but how are you going to going to develop the gene to bend the space/time continuum?
Other than that, the show's awesome.  Hiro's my favorite (of course), followed by the Petrelli brothers and the cheerleader.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2006, 12:53:36 pm »

I always thought using genetics as the explanation for superpowers was a cop-out.  I guess it works for some powers such as regeneration for Claire and Wolverine, but how are you going to going to develop the gene to bend the space/time continuum?
Other than that, the show's awesome.  Hiro's my favorite (of course), followed by the Petrelli brothers and the cheerleader.

Depends upon which theory of time you're working from. Physics can get a wee bit slippery on occasion.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2006, 07:14:47 pm »
so this latest episode got me thinking, does Mr. Bennette have powers? And is the guys that works for Mr Bennette good or bad because it seems he didnt want to wipe your mind.
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2006, 08:27:06 pm »
so this latest episode got me thinking, does Mr. Bennette have powers? And is the guys that works for Mr Bennette good or bad because it seems he didnt want to wipe your mind.

I don't think Mr. Bennett has powers. And I don't think any of this is working along the good or bad lines we're accustomed to. It seems very mixed and mingled. The only exception to that really is Sylar.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »
I think that they're trying to avoid having the characters line up along the lines of good and evil.  And it should be interesting to see what the Hatian's up to, but we have to wait til January... >:(
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
I'm more interested in what happened to Peter.  Was that an actual vision of the future, and if so, where's the person he got the power (seeing the future, not exploding) from?  Stupid January...
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2006, 03:50:56 pm »
As to Peter exploding:

As comical as it sounds, I think Peter is getting a "power overload", and all of the heroes powers together are short-circuiting him.

As to Mr. Bennet:

I don't believe he has any powers, but I thought the same thing.

As to the aptly named Haitian:

I think that he was visited by future Hiro and told to save the cheerleader, save the world.