Author Topic: Just Cause Demo!  (Read 2559 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Just Cause Demo!
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:46:45 am »
What an ace game. The graphics are outstanding, the sudo manual aiming system is great (most of the time) Its really what I loved about GTA san andreas, I spent  most of my time in 4x4s or motorbikes in the wilderness.

Although for some strange reason it wouldn't let me crouch even though it said you could in the controls. I ma sure they will fix this bug. Could anybody else not crouch on their xbox 360?

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Just Cause Demo!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:05:18 am »
I loved this demo too, for me it was much better than the GTA games.  Although most people do not feel the same way.  I had alot of fun flying the helicopter and skydiving out onto a boat or something.  The graphics were ok, and about the crouch thing, I never needed to crouch, so I never tried it.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 10:12:15 am »
The reviews for the game were only so-so, which really dissapointed me. I like the concept of the game, overthrowing an authoritarian dictatorship and whatnot...Has anybody out there played the full version? Do ya' like it?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:22:28 am »
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6500.0

There are waaaaay to many police. Sometimes you just want to run around and have fun without getting shot at every 10 seconds. That's pretty much the only reason I don't have this game already.

The reviews also say that the missions are lacking in variety, which I wouldn't doubt.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 01:31:18 pm »
I liked a lot of the games ideas and concepts, but I really hated the gameplay.  The vehicles controll really terribly, and the whole game just feels awkward to play.
In it's defence though, I think the demo was just really bad, it starts you in a really terrible place with little to no explination of what to do or how to do it.  I might have enjoyed it more, if the demo wasn't so frustrating, but after playing that, I have no interest in trying the full game.

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 01:53:50 pm »
I played this... and really disliked it. It lacked the gameplay polish of GTA or Saints Row. Its king of like the True Crime series. Its a BAD clone as compared to Saints Row.

Of course I wasnt that fond of San Andreas. After Vice City it felt like they took the humor out of the GTA series with SA. And I really enjoyed the humor in Vice City.

Anyways... back to Just Cause... even the name is a bad play on words.

Oh well.

And too bad Mercenaries: World in Flames doesnt seem to be heading to an affordable console or PC. Which seems like such a bad loss for Pandemic because if they went multi-platform they would have more sales.

Silly Just Cause. Tricks are for GTA!

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 02:22:51 pm »
I played this... and really disliked it. It lacked the gameplay polish of GTA or Saints Row. Its king of like the True Crime series. Its a BAD clone as compared to Saints Row.

Of course I wasnt that fond of San Andreas. After Vice City it felt like they took the humor out of the GTA series with SA. And I really enjoyed the humor in Vice City.

Anyways... back to Just Cause... even the name is a bad play on words.

Oh well.

And too bad Mercenaries: World in Flames doesnt seem to be heading to an affordable console or PC. Which seems like such a bad loss for Pandemic because if they went multi-platform they would have more sales.

Silly Just Cause. Tricks are for GTA!

What?  GTA SA is incredibly funny.  My favorite commercial

"
--DeKoch Diamonds--

Man: Relationships can seem like an eternity.

Woman: You *******!  What were you doing with my sister in that hot tub?!?!

Man: Relieve the pressure.

Woman 2 (whispers): Ice...

Man: Chill that bitch out... with ice.

Man: A diamond lasts forever.  But your relationship might not.  A diamond is
love.  Rock hard.  And frozen in time.  Luckily, most women are shallow, and
materialistic.

Woman: A diamond?  So you -do- love me!

Man: Nothing says I love you like a lump of carbon, mined by wage-slaves in
Angola.

Woman: I don’t even know what I was mad at you about.  Do you want a blow job?

Man: Passion.  It -can- be purchased.  And it -can- be overpriced.  Ice. 
Available and very expensive...

Man: ...at DeKoch Diamonds."

Offline BlessedBullet

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 04:50:13 pm »
I played the demo and didn't like it...  The camera when paragliding is really jerky so it's hard to control where you want to land.  The combat is so-so. 

I'm getting tired of all these GTA wannabes comming out...

c14dude

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 09:20:51 pm »
this game was generic, boring.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 09:21:33 pm »
GTA SA had plenty of humor I just hated the story and the map too much out of the city desert and forest stuff. I would have been just as happy with half the map and a story that concentrats on 1 city it's what i loved about Liberty and Vice which story felt unique to the city SA was a mix of 3 and as a result didn't feel like it explored any to potential.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 02:10:58 pm »
I don't think it was that bad, even if the "story" was a little (very (non existent)) weak, shame, it could have had a great story, and more leveling fetures like in GTA would have improved it
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 11:19:33 am »
One of the things I don't like is that you can't crouch yet the NPCs can!