Author Topic: Doctor Who - The Regeneration Game  (Read 123733 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 04:30:22 am »
Its never going to come back to the US. :( I need the Doctor!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 04:37:23 am »
They arent showing it the US? Damn, why do the American networks feel the need to deprive you guys of awesome sci-fi?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 04:55:49 am »
So they can keep pumping out garbage like Farscape which inevitably drifts over here to pollute our screens. Feugh! They like to give and take crap.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 04:58:14 am »
I didn't think Farscape was bad. At least they seem to replay plenty of Doctor who on UK-TV down here.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 05:03:34 am »
They arent showing it the US? Damn, why do the American networks feel the need to deprive you guys of awesome sci-fi?
Because it's Britsh, and American TV hates British TV programs unless they've been sufficiently 'Americanized' (Those who don't believe me compare the American and British versions of The Office, who wants to be a millionaire? and I'm almost certain that the that 70's show is based on a series on ITV over a decade ago)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:26:23 am by Werechicken »
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2007, 05:08:24 am »
Of course yanks don't trust anything not made by them they will export shows by the boat load but when it comes to getting anything they Americanize it. Of course this results in all the humor or general artistic-ness on getting lost in translation.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 06:16:06 am »
So they can keep pumping out garbage like Farscape which inevitably drifts over here to pollute our screens. Feugh! They like to give and take crap.

I liked Farscape, one of my favorite shows. They show Dr Who in America, I've seen it. Not sure if it's new ones. I like British television.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 06:28:42 am »

I liked Farscape, one of my favorite shows. They show Dr Who in America, I've seen it. Not sure if it's new ones. I like British television.
I wouldn't say farscape is garbage, it had a pretty good plot and interesting characters, plus wasn't most of it filmed in Australia by Australians?
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2007, 10:12:22 am »
damn dutch television...we havnt got ANYTHING fun on our tv...exept maybe lama`s XD

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 11:42:53 am »
Of course yanks don't trust anything not made by them they will export shows by the boat load but when it comes to getting anything they Americanize it. Of course this results in all the humor or general artistic-ness on getting lost in translation.

Are you a self-hating American or someone who's just made one too many typos?

I find that television is generally less interesting than the internet anyway. I don't watch that much.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 03:03:17 pm »

Farscape was good!. Plus it was Canadian or was it Australian i forget. The crappy stuff is Battlestar Craprica and Star Gate milking.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 08:39:39 pm »
As an Australian i can confirm it was an Australian made show. A lot of extras are A lot of Australian actors plus you can tell every time they end up going to earth they seem to crash land near Sydney. I was watching a Farscape repeat on sci-fi last week it was the one where some aliens trick John into thinking he found a worm hole home to find out if humans would accept them. Cue John and Erin running around the Sydney harbor.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:15 am »
You mean John never went far into space? He just went to Australia? What a rip. I guess Australians are just    Sebacean in disguise.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 04:04:24 am »
The major flaw in that is Sebaceans can't stand the heat but Australians are built to love it.

But this is so not about Doctor Who I'm sure there is a Farscape topic somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 04:10:29 am by Cobra »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2007, 07:52:40 am »
Yeah, back on topic!
No way dude, you're trolling me.