Author Topic: Death  (Read 9156 times)

Offline Bios Revision

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Death
« on: March 18, 2005, 05:35:52 pm »
Just wondering if anyone here had any ideas what might happen if your character dies in this game, like if you were eaten in the land-based section or if your UFO exploded.
Would you start over completely (unlikely)?
Or maybe take over another creature of the same species but lose all of your money/evolution points (if you die in the land section)?
If your UFO blows up maybe you have to build another one to continue?

I don't expect anyone to actually know the answers but I thought this would make an interesting discussion.

Offline Fishysquisher

• Atari Combat Vet
  • WHAT HAPPEN
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 05:47:01 pm »
Either Will Wright invents a complex system for each period, or you just load your last save.
TBA

Offline Huasat

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 05:52:27 pm »
My ideal scenario would be that control of the creatures and settlements is kinda similar to that used in The Sims. During the early phases of the game, you will only be controlling one individual at a time, but the control can be shifted at will between the members of the species. If one of them dies, you'll automatically shift to another. When it moves onto phases in which we have multiple cultures of these sentient beings on a planet, then the shifting is between the cities/settlements.

I'm not sure how accurate this may be though... Information on the demonstration seems to be kinda confusing on how the single individual becomes a species - when the creature mated, where did the other one come from? Are all these beings kinda being controlled around you as you customize the central "template" creature? When do they start showing up?

Lots of speculations and questions...

Offline Bios Revision

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:03:14 pm »
Either Will Wright invents a complex system for each period, or you just load your last save.

Of course that's always a possibility, but I dunno, having it just be a "game over, try again" thing seems wrong for this game somehow.
I was thinking it would be more like The Sims where the sims dying doesn't end the game but is a normal part of the game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 06:06:06 pm by Bios Revision »

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 06:15:13 pm »
Yeah that would really suck if you made a wrong turn in the UFO and crashed into the moon and lost everything.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 07:12:54 pm »
Keep in mind you aren't playing th esame creature the enitre game. Every time you have an Egg you evolve and have a different creature. I think if you died you would just switch to another creature of your choosing, maybe even start over if you want. However if your creatures keep being eaten than you need to do somehting drastic.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:26:59 pm »
Good question, brings up the question of disease too, will that be in the game, will that have the possibilty of wiping out your species?

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 10:28:56 pm »
Maybe disease will bring on some sort of team-like Pacman min-game. War at the microscopic level would be pretty cool. One can dream...

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 10:46:21 pm »
3 words, saved game

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 12:06:12 am »
disease (if it's even a part of the game at all) won't be introduced when you're an organism or even in the tribal stages.  if you look back on human history, diseases evolve with technology.

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 12:56:03 am »
I think something that would be cool is if as an organism if you ate another organism with some sort of sickness it affects the creatures health in the later stages.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 02:23:27 am »
3 words, saved game

That's two words, mate ;)

Anyway, what i was thinking was that if you died in the jelly as a single-celled bacteria (or whatever you are!), then you would have to start over.  If you died in water form/land form then i presume you just flip to another one of your species that is roaming round the place.  I may be totally wrong though... that's just how i interpreted it.

Side note - if i am posting at strange times then it's because i live in England - i'm not an insomniac =).

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 06:05:25 am »
My strange post times are cause I work at a C-Store, 'nough said.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 10:36:14 am »
i just woke up, good morning

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 12:29:46 pm »
3 words, saved game

That's two words, mate ;).

Anyway, what i was thinking was that if you died in the jelly as a single-celled bacteria (or whatever you are!), then you would have to start over. If you died in water form/land form then i presume you just flip to another one of your species that is roaming round the place. I may be totally wrong though... that's just how i interpreted it.

Side note - if i am posting at strange times then it's because i live in England - i'm not an insomniac =).

Me too so we can discuss things amongst ourselves when the rest are all asleep  ;)

Thats the one down side of living here and using US forums, you miss all the discussions as we are asleep when they happen adn have to throw in a few last minute comments the following morning.