Author Topic: Show  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Show
« on: September 15, 2006, 04:30:18 pm »
My apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. I looked and didn't see anything. Has Steve's show gone to a monthly format now or is he taking a hiatus or something? Was just wondering.

Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
Re: Show
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 05:17:16 pm »
My apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. I looked and didn't see anything. Has Steve's show gone to a monthly format now or is he taking a hiatus or something? Was just wondering.

He's sort of busy...we really don't know much more than that.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:36:37 am »
He's been working on a game and busy with real life plus some difficulties in finding a place to record it. He can't do it from home anymore. He said in the last podcast that he is shooting for a two week podcast but it looks like its gone longer. I'm sure there will be one coming soon.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 12:48:21 am »
well he just lost a viewer: my brother...don't worry hes a douche
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:22:23 am by Celdur »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:58:01 am »
I think the word you were looking for is "worry". ::)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:59:58 pm »
Am I the only one who hasn't lost faith?

He's busy. He's working on a freaking game for crying out loud.

I don't mind if he takes a few months off if he needs it

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:27:20 pm »
When the podcast was supposedly weekly, it was really fortnightly.  Now that it is fortnightly, that really means it is monthly.

Perhaps Steve will announce that his podcast will become monthly, so then we can expect perhaps two podcasts per year.

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 10:10:15 pm »
Not that it just runs my life or anything, but I do think it's very disrespectful to your community not to spend 5 freaking minutes putting a short note on the front page just to say what's going on.
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 10:31:44 pm »
I dont mean to take a stab at you but dont you think its a bit disrespectful of Steve's fans not to be understanding when something more pressing and important happens in his life? He doesn't get paid for this, this is something he does for us. Crunch time at a game developer studio is always a stressful time with long, long hours and he has a family to take care of in that time as well. He'll be back as soon as he can be I'm sure until then we need to be supportive of him if you want him to keep wanting to do the podcast.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 11:42:51 pm »
Plus there that many friendly people on the forums hunting high and low for game info to keep you updated sure you don't get the insider view to much but If i need news I can almost be sure someone has put up a topic with some gaming news and links to it. This place is still really busy even with out a podcast for the past month. This community is keeping this place alive so much and doing a nice little job of it to.

Offline Verkinix

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • SelfControl is the Greatest Power We Have. Use it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 01:56:01 pm »
I have to say, I miss Steve and his podcasts. I wish he would keep us updated a little bit as to what he's up to. I havent seen a thread he's posted in, in quite some time. Important information about games, such as the Launch price and titles of the Wii and the preview event weekend of Guildwars Nightfall are being left to other sites to preview and rant over. Still they just dont compare to Steve's unique outlook on things. I do hope we hear from him soon. It's coming up on 2 months since the last podcast and the Christmas season of new games and systems is rapidly approaching. I do understand that he is busy with work and family and that the podcast was always a secondary, but it grew so much and needs some maintainance to keep people around. Anyway, All I'm sayin is I miss Steve and his show.

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 06:44:42 pm »
Perhaps the site's neglect is eating away at him, so he simply puts the entire thing out of his mind.  I must say that I'm enjoying the speculation about where Steve is as much as his podcasts.  ;)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:27 pm »
I have to say, I miss Steve and his podcasts. I wish he would keep us updated a little bit as to what he's up to. I havent seen a thread he's posted in, in quite some time. Important information about games, such as the Launch price and titles of the Wii and the preview event weekend of Guildwars Nightfall are being left to other sites to preview and rant over. Still they just dont compare to Steve's unique outlook on things. I do hope we hear from him soon. It's coming up on 2 months since the last podcast and the Christmas season of new games and systems is rapidly approaching. I do understand that he is busy with work and family and that the podcast was always a secondary, but it grew so much and needs some maintainance to keep people around. Anyway, All I'm sayin is I miss Steve and his show.

Quoted for truth.  Steve has the best podcast around (gaming or otherwise).  It's a shame the episodes aren't as regular as we'd like.  Here's hoping he can find some time.

gec05

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:41:45 am »
Good news, things have settled down for Steve at home so he will be uploading a podcast soon. ;)

Offline Verkinix

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • SelfControl is the Greatest Power We Have. Use it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 12:56:12 pm »
Seems as though Steve has a new baby boy which would explain why he's been away. I'm just glad to hear he's doing well :)