1 (33.3%)
It's okay I guess
1 (33.3%)
Bof
0 (0%)
I feel like reading something else
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: The Noazruz *updated 21/08/07*  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Spread the Word of Chaos! Let it comsume You!
    • View Profile
The Noazruz *updated 21/08/07*
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:20:29 am »
The Noazruz
Their Saga, narrated by Furnez a-benn Ster , lone survivor of Kel Eden Trevadenn*

Homeworld: Douar
Stage: Tribal
Current activity: multiple
Alliance: none
Government: council lead by a chief or a GOD

picture:

Summary of Noazruz History

The Noazruz know very little of their origins, for them there always has been Noazruz on Douar.

When we came from the stars, they were not organized society's: just mere animal herds roaming the land. But it seems that our arrival and co-existence accelerated their evolution. Because of their great and natural curiosity, they have observed and started to mimic us in every way possible. My grand father, who was just a boy at the time, took upon itself the task to "educate" the Noazruz. He lured two small Noazruz orphans to the barn, he made them a shelter, gave them food and dour. He started their "education" by showing them simple gestures, like greeting people. Then he proceeded to teach them our language: brezhon. By the time my grand father was a young adult, his Noazruz knew how to speak brezhon better than most of us, but their accent was very different. When the community saw that it was possible to "domesticate" the Noazruz, they lunched a great project to "educate" all Noazruz.
  So by the time my father was a teen ager, all Noazruz spoke brezhon and acted like us. They even started to revear us like gods. Thats where everything went wrong. We are a not perfect race and some of us exhibited ambition and violence. Some of us began to find that our utopia was too boring, deciding to secretly arm the Noazruz. Of course we long forgot how to fly and travel through the stars, but basic physical and artificial weapons were easily made. But because of the physical nature of the Noazruz, they didn't need weapons to tear us apart.
  It was in this conflict that the Noazruz got their name. Such rage and destruction was unleashed, that everybody thought Evil had come to destroys us all. Each tribe of the Noazruz was lead by a one member of our community, but our desire to dominate brought the destruction of our Utopian colony. After the conflict was ended, only a handful of us were alive, especially my father family and his friends. His father was considered the king of the gods by the Noazruz for having shared his knowledge. But those who had started the conflict were still at the command of some Noazruz tribe. There was peace for some time, but then a terrible sickness fell on the survivors killing the rest of the community. I was just but a baby when they all died, the only survivor.
  A tribe of Noazruz found me laying in a dark cave full of crystals with a series of books. The roof of the cave looked like the sky at night, so they called me Furnez a-benn Ster . They tough me brezhon and educated me like all the other young Noazruz. Unfortunately, during the genocide all the libraries were destroyed and I was the only creature in the planet that owned books. The Noazruz decided that, like my grand father, I should share my knowledge with all Noazruz. I then became an arbiter in Noazruz conflicts and guardian of all the knowledge that was salvaged, favoring no tribe more than the other.

Culture and Religion

Noazruz ideology is centered around the colonists of New Eden. They believe the colonists are some type of superior power or form of life since it was them that thought "the civilized ways" (reading, writing, moral code, sense of justice, etc...). A side effect of these ideas is that some colonists took seriously the attributes of gods. Each colonist teached their own philosophy therefore starting to form clans among the Noazruz. This eventually degenerated into the genocide of most of the colonist of New Eden. When the Noazruz had killed more than half of the colonists they began to question their beliefs. Indeed without the leadership of their god, they lost initiative or deflected to an other colonist command. It was at that time that the most accomplished civilized Noazruz started to take control of the clans. From this came a new idea: the colonist were only temporal guides or teachers that came from the stars to uplift the Noazruz. But with the genocide, the reign of the colonist would come to pass and let the Noazruz take charge of their own destiny.

Noazruz are organized around a clanic structure. A Noazruz god fulfilled the function of spiritual leader and guided the development of the clan, much like a despot. This was totally logical for the Noazruz since the god was enlighten, therefore making the best logical choices for the clan. As time passed, more and more Noazruz took over.These are the conditions to become the chieftain: to be the oldest of the clan, know how to read and write, having no direct blood descendants, be a great teacher. Noazruz believed that the best lessons are learned through the experience of Life. Like the image of their gods, they must be enlighten and able to lead the clan. Lastly, having no direct blood descendant allows avoiding transmitting the tittle of chieftain to their child's or any form of abuse of power. Having almost no family the chieftain concentrates on the clan and it's needs.

In recent years, many Noazruz clans have tried to collect the remaining knowledge of the colonists of New Eden (preserving books and other supports). This has led to the creation of one new key role in the clan: the Keeper of Knowledge. Noazruz, becoming more sentient, are building libraries to share knowledge among the clan. The Keeper has the responsibility to preserve the knowledge at all costs. It  is then transmitted and used by the chieftain. At the beguining the libraries only contained fragments of colonists of New Eden knowledge but now crawl under Noazruz literature. As I, Furnez a-benn Ster, am the only survivor of the colonists of New Eden, I have been given the title of Supreme Keeper of Knowledge. I have under my responsibility the largest Library and the first Noazruz University since the Genocide. I hope to one day decipher all the knowledge contained in the ruins of New Eden colony.

To mark the passing of their gods each Noazruz clan has a day that marks the death of their god, now regarded more as saints. All Noazruz clans have the same calendar but follow two different history markings. Some start at the coming and settling of the colonists of New Eden on Douar. Others decide to date events from the end of the Genocide. Being a neutral reference, I date each event in Noazruz history in both dates.

Note: These are just the broad lines of Noazruz culture and religion. Each clan has develop their own customs and differences.

A list of the major Noazruz clans

Brezhon glossary

a-benn: from the
Douar: earth
Eden: eden
Furnez: wisdom
Kel: new
Noazruz: red evil
Ster: stars
Trevadenn: colony
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:48:14 pm by Chaosdwarft »

Plz visit my city at

http://briezh.myminicity.com/

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: The Noazruz *under dev*
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:06:40 am »
Very cool...what do they look like?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:16:11 am »
Interesting... a pic would be greatly appreciated.
@davidramnero

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:31:56 am »
maybe The Associated Artists for Requesting Creature Concepts can help you with that!  ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 08:41:36 am »
i must admit i haven't done thniking about the look of the creature. the only thing i'm sure it's that their are going to be all red.

I'm not done with the story, i'm just short of inspiration
Plz visit my city at

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 09:13:34 am »
Did the colonists name them Noazruz (red evil) or did Furnez do that after the as-of-yet, unrevealed incident.
If the colonists did that and still brought them into their homes, that's dramatic irony in the making.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 09:17:08 am »
Did the colonists name them Noazruz (red evil) or did Furnez do that after the as-of-yet, unrevealed incident.
If the colonists did that and still brought them into their homes, that's dramatic irony in the making.

they were called red evil during the genocide because they acted savage like and destroyed almost all of the colony
Plz visit my city at

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
Re: The Noazruz *updated* *still under dev*
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:24:43 pm »
I presume, after looking at your pic, that you like the warhammer race Chaos Dwarfs, so maybe your creature could look something like a Great Taurus or a Lamasu?
@davidramnero

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:37:17 pm »
i was a fan of warhammer, thats why i chose the pic, but ChaosDwarft is a username i use since 6th grade, siglhy before they came out. If you click on the link, you will see that i already have an idea of the creature.
Plz visit my city at

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:44:37 pm »
ah.. yea didnt notice that.
@davidramnero

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:30 pm »
don' worry be happy  ;D
Plz visit my city at

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 02:03:15 pm »
I thougth you were one of thoose who started to hate Games Workshop for ignoring chaos dwarves and now gets mader and mader because it seems like the CD is a dead race.

Anyway good info, i would like more pics though. ;)
@davidramnero

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 02:07:31 pm »
i never did dwarves but their ennemies: skaven, I still have then in my room. I still like warhammer, especially the new ogre race
Plz visit my city at

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 04:43:17 pm »
welcome to the group. here is your creature for all to see. nice job.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:40:12 am »
thx
Plz visit my city at