Author Topic: Thank God You're Here  (Read 10590 times)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Thank God You're Here
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 07:41:36 am »
they made a dutch version...its kinda funny but not as funny as the original

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 10:26:02 pm »
Adam Brough (sp?) Was awesome tonight just like Josh lawson they really know how to take the sketch in there own direction and force to keep the othe actors on thier toes.

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 01:30:01 am »
Thats what it should be like. I really enjoy their skits because of their quick thinking and humour :D
Good Grief!

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 11:19:02 am »
I haven't watched the Danish version yet because I thought it looked to stupid, might have to see it.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 11:42:06 pm »
It's rating its pants off down here.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 08:18:12 pm »
Oy. Just Oy. The 2 hour back to back episode premere of the american version on NBC just finished.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18025290/

It could have been better. In fact, judging from the Australian version, It could have been a lot better. Admittedly the Judge/Host exchanges weren't that amazing in eigther version, however It seems NBC for guests they went with names over Comedic Improv Skill (Most noteably Jennifer Coolage, Funny Actress, but not so great at Miss Cacos), and When it wasn't the actors who had the problem, there was something generally off about the set up. (Most notably Mo'Nique's Game Show skit. She was trying to do it well, however the way they set it up she wasn't allowed to be right about pretty much anything. They didn't even try to adapt to what she was saying and it ruined most of the scene. Despite the fact she was overall trying to have fun and do well with it.)

However, There were some good points. Brian Cranston's scene is worth watching, It could hold it's own against any from the Australian version.
And Kevin Nealon's was up there too.

Outside of that though NBC really could have done a lot better with it. I like the premise and it can't be chalked up as a difference of culture as I also find the australian version very funny at many points.

Australia has a hit with it and although they didn't do so hot with the premere NBC could turn it around if they just got some really talented Improv people to try guest starring.

However if they don't have enough foresight to turn it around before it completely digs it's own grave they'll have wasted their chance to have a perfectly good solid show on their hands.

Come on NBC! Be the Smart Network! Be the one that knows when a show can be funny if only they would make the right tweaks to it!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:20:01 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:19 pm »
Well if you want to get people involved direct them to the Australian skits from TGYH that are on Youtube that should give them a hint in to how good it can be and start to give it a chance. As for finding good Improv people they haven't necessarily done that in Australia some are just very talented comedians.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 08:28:24 pm »
Yeah, I agree that it didn't put the comedians at their best which ruined the show... It would be cool to see other comedians like Bobby Lee or Michael McDonald on the show. ;)
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 11:11:33 pm »
Well the idea is different guests most weeks and hopefully those who do well and are funny will be asked back more (Doesn't explain why Fifi Box keeps getting brought back for the Aussie version).

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 03:32:12 pm »
3rd episode was surprisingly much better overall.

Especially Brian Posehn and Jane Lynch. I had already seen Jason Alexander's online and found it fairly funny. " They also redid one of my favorite ones from the australian one with Harland Williams (This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0xrEpWGXg ) To be honest I thought he could have done better with it. I really thought Posehn should have won but Williams did.

Seriously Posehn's wasn't just the best one I had seen of the american one. It was one of the best I had seen period. (Same but to a lesser extent with Lynch. both were hilarious.)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 08:02:46 pm »
Face it you are never going to top Josh Lawson's Anthropologist one that was like the best of them all. need to get some of the Aussies over show them how it's done.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 12:43:37 pm »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:28 pm »
New episodes of Australian Thank god you're here tonight be sure to be watching.

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:23 pm »
Stephen Curry is hilarious!

I flicked over to Sea Patrol on Thursday and Josh Lawson plays the cook, and I couldn't help but think of him dressed up as an alien.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 05:28:28 am »
Josh Llawson is great in this show but i don't think they can ever find a scinario where he wont hit on the female cast.