Author Topic: Looking for Hard games  (Read 6041 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Hard games
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 06:15:31 am »
Battletoads the NES version you could go the SNES version as well I hear its harder on NES though.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 07:23:32 pm »

Offline DarkLordofChaosX

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 05:59:36 pm »
try playing Stormlord, a game for Genesis. Very tough even on Easy...
Monkeys with guns? :-D

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 11:28:56 pm »
DDR is kinda hard if you have never played it before

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 09:17:01 pm »

Offline DarkLordofChaosX

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 02:19:23 pm »
oh man, stormlord for genesis is truly one of the toughest games i think i've ever played.
(on easy nonetheless.)
Monkeys with guns? :-D

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 02:28:28 pm »
If you have a PSP and live in Europe, Australia (or willing to import), Pursuit Force is a rather hard game.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 03:35:51 pm »
Wow! Im feeling the opposite! Games are getting harder for me! Um...try the Splinter Cell series. Man, I love those games, but they can be pretty tough in some parts. The first Splinter Cell has 10 missions, but it'll take you a good while to complete them, since the missions are so hard, and each take a while to complete.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 06:00:01 pm »
Try Defender for the arcade or MAME.  OMG it's hard!

Offline shikaeshi

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 06:25:31 pm »
Hoshigami for the PSX... One tough Strategy RPG !  :o
http://www.rpgdreamer.com/hoshigami/hoshigamirev1.html

Offline Djfinny

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 06:30:41 am »
Ninja Gaiden: As many have already mentioned. It was very tough but satisfying to beat. Don't forget to get the patch thru Xbox Live. (I believe it was called the Hurricane Pack). That upgrade actually made the game harder (new content, outfits, better AI etc). I haven't tried Ninja Gaidan Black so I'm not sure if that was harder or easier than the original.

Tony Hawk Underground (Xbox) - Fun game and the higher levels are pretty tough. Once you reach the Hawaii trip and beyond - the game goal challenges got downright frustrating at times.

Tomb Raider II (PC) - Yea the game is a bit dated but I thought it was the most challenging of the series - granted I stopped playing after TR3.

When you mention "hard" games, is it safe to assume your looking strictly for either console or PC action type games? If your looking for some real challenging games that require you to figure out puzzles vs manual dexterity, Try any of the old text based games by Infocom or the Scott Adams Adventure games You should be able to find them on the web. A few examples are Zork 1, 2 and 3, Infidel, Enchanter, The Count etc.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2005, 12:41:56 pm »
Ikaruga (Dreamcast import/Gamecube) - hard, but never cheap.

The final level of Far Cry ruined the entire rest of the (wonderful to that point) game for me for being so brutally difficult (and in my opinion, redefining "cheap" and "impossible"), that after nearly a year of trying off and on, inventing new words in the process...and not even being able to get past the first part of the level - that I finally just turned on invincibility.

I hear Shin Megami Taisen: Nocturne for the PS2 is a really difficult RPG.  All I know is that it's alot of opening story...and after about an hour or more of exposition I found I was tired, turned it off, and haven't gone back yet.

Offline Silver_Kiwi

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2005, 02:07:10 pm »
Agh! The final level of Far Cry is insanely difficult. I must have tried 20 or 30 times, and the difficulty was on easy!
The only thing that saved me was the sniper rifle... good old sniper rifle.... ;)
I'd recommend Far Cry for sure, but you might want to find a cheat mod that lets you save anywhere, not just at checkpoints.
Silver_Kiwi

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2005, 02:39:02 pm »
Shadow of the Colossus?

Or you could go through another game with a few voluntary challenges (for example, Freelancer in a Rhino or simply an FPS without your favorite weapons.)
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 01:12:41 pm »
I've still to get past the second level of Ninja Gaiden ( oh the shame ! ), but, to the games credit, I haven't given up on it altogether, just decided to play some other games for a couple of years and then try again.

:-\