Author Topic: My first "Sporevention"-The Vexarion  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
My first "Sporevention"-The Vexarion
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:04:28 pm »
This was all copy/pasted from the Sporewiki page. I'm sorry if this is too long; I'll edit it into peices if you think so.

{I have mentioned some other races in this page. If these are your creations, and you do not want them mentioned, contact me and I will change it. Thank you for your time.}

Contents

Biology
Some facts about the current stage in Vexarion evolution.

Scientific Name (from the Vexarion Classification system): Othorion Arackees

Male

Average Height: Four Feet

Average Weight: 80 Pounds

Female

Average Height: Three and a Half Feet

Average Weight: 70 Pounds

Morphology

They have small bodies, with large, spidery legs sprouting from their backs. On their underside, they have two pairs of arms, all ending in one finger and two thumbs. Their necks are about a foot in length, and connect to their overly large head. This head has an armor plate on top, and they have one eye on each side of their head. Underneath the eyes is a feild of tentacles, usually twenty or so, that conceals the mouth. And, instead of fur or scales, they have a rubber like skin.

Locomotion

Their six large arachnid legs allow them to walk. Amazingly, they can go up to sixty five miles per hour! It is also interesting to note that early stages of Vexarion evolution did not have these legs, but instead had tentacles, simalar to their young (they had just emerged from the water after all). Therefore, they had to use their arms to walk. However, as the legs evolved, the arms became somewhat weaker, and can no longer support them.

Eating Habits

Originally, they ate fish that they found in the canyon rivers. Now they eat just about anything, but fish are still a favorite, even after millions of years of evoulution. Plants are also favorites, and when they visited Earth, they fell in love with Celery. Celery is now in very high demand on Kragus, the Vexarion homeworld.

Reproduction

They "come of age" at 100 years, and are pregnant for only 4 months. However, the young are very underdeveloped when born, with soft tentacles for their legs and no plating, among other things.

Evolution
Vexarions evolved from primitive water dwelling creatures. They were covered in armor and had tentacles instead of legs. Their arms were very strong. They also had scorpion-like tails. Over the years, their tentacles became large legs with claws, in order to scale the canyons. They lost their armor plating so that they would be lighter, and therefore have a harder time collapsing the canyon wall. Their arms became weaker and quicker, as they began to walk on their legs. And, becuase they could use their claws for defence, they lost their tails.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 03:12:03 pm by Arachoid »

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: My first "Sporevention"-The Vexarion
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:07:36 pm »
The Grodthium System
The Grodthium System is a galaxy that contains Kragus. It also has three other planets. The only one that contains any signs of life is Tharth. It has no sapient species however, and is mainly inhabited by plants. There are very few (known) animal species there. The other two planets are Grot, named "River" in the Vexarion language, because there is no word for sea. This planet is covered entirely in sterile water. And the other is Rog. Rog literally translates to "Scorched" in the Vexarion language. This is because it is extremely close to a nearby orbiting star.

Kragus is the Vexarion homeworld, and is the planet second closest to their star. Kragus is usually warm, about 70 degrees F. Also, Kragus is completely covered in canyons, with strong rivers running between them. These rivers have very narrow shores, and early Vexarians sought refuge within the many cave caused by the erosion. They have since evolved to climb the canyon sides, and the majority of settlements are created on the sides of the canyons. Kragus is located within the Grodthium system. There are only four other planets in this system, with only one other bearing life.

Fauna: The Vexarions are both the only sapient species on the planet and the dominant species. However, there is an abundance of animals. For example, the Zoort, which resembles a cross between a crab and a bat, is a skilled hunter which aided the primitive Vexarions once they were domesticated. They are also prized pets among the Vexarions, filling a simialar role to them as dogs do to Humans. And the Stingfish, the Vexarion's main food source, is a fish with a segmented body reminiscent of that of an insect. They also have stings on their tails.

Flora: There is very little terrestrial plant life on Kragus, the only species being a tree that grows to fifteen feet, and has low-hanging vines that end in three foot traps, like a Venus' Fly Trap. Many aquatic plants exist. One being a primitive moss, known as Glot Dar, or "River Carpet", that covers every inch of river bed on Kragus, except the space that other plants need.

Tharth

Tharth is the planet closest to the sun. It is covered entirely in plants, with very few animal species. It is also the first planet that the Vexarions visited. Interestingly, the plants seem to be more intelligent than the animals, and the Rhododrodes are just becoming sapient. They are the only child race the Vexarions have.

Grot

Though it translates to river, it is really a huge sea. There are no germs there, because the planet is too cold for germs to exist. The reason it is not an ice planet is because the water is chemically different than most water in the galaxy, and freezes at a much lower temperature.

Rog

Rog is the hottest planet in the Grodthium system, although it is farthest away from the sun. It actually orbits a different star near Grodthium, and passes extremely close to said star. It is interesting to note thatlife once existed on Rog, but it was scorched off the planet. The ruins that Vexarion exploration teams have found indicate that they were sapient...

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:08:58 pm »
Culture
Vexarions barely have any culture, as most of their time is spent studying technology. However the culture they do have is very vibrant.

Religion

The Vexarions are very religous, despite the many scientific advancements they have made. They worship a single God, whom they believe resides in another demension, in which it rules. They believe they were put on Kragus to help the rest of the galaxy, as they have always believed that their God had scattered life on other planets. They also believe that they were meant to be it's supreme creations, and thats why they were gifted with their extreme intelligence. Murder and suicide are considered taboos in their society, and to speak of them in any positive sense is considered to be defiance of their God.

Outlook on Life

Vexarions treasure every day, even though they have unusually long lifespans. They believe that with every new day comes a new challenge, and they love to be challenged. Also, with so much cultural concentraion on science, the "Daily Discovery or Advancement" is looked forward to. And, the non-governmental area of the Vexarion hierarchy is based on age, with elders being at the top.

Government

The Vexarion government is a council, with the most intelligent Vexarions at the top. Though most large decisions are made by the Council, things such as new laws are voted on by Vexarions (other races are not allowed to vote, as it is not their planet, their government, or their council). The government has seen the lack of protection on Kragus and their other colonies, and has put into action many plans to protect it's citizens.

Sports

As the early Vexarions had very little room to frolic, they did not develop sports early on, and therefore have none today. The instead opted for contained games of intellect and strategy. A favorite is Nar' Kalah, in which dice are rolled in turn to determine a number of guesses per turn. The object of the game is to utilize guesses in order to name a word. Once three words have correctly been named, the player must answer a riddle. If they guess right, they win a diamond. If they guess wrong they must start all over again. The first player to get five diamonds wins.

Music

Because they spend so much time fiddling with their machines, they love electronic sounds, and have a deep affinity for music that sounds similar.

Entertainment

The Vexarions consider Nar' Kalah and scientific studies fun enough, but Virtual Reality is also a favorite passtime. They especially enjoy programs that allow them to become other races.

Technology The Vexarions are a very technologically advanced race. In fact, almost every aspect of their society is centered around technology, including the majority of their resources. The have hover technology, and have actually built machines to manipulate plasma. They are able to build vast ships, capable of destroying entire planets,`but instead opt to serve on ships of other cultures. This is because they are infinetly curious about the technology of other cultures. They have no real use for weapons, as they are largely a peaceful race. They do however have huge amounts of weapons, as they know the importance of planetary defence. They are in fact the galaxy's leader in weapon research.

I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:10:08 pm »
Language
Spoken

The Vexarion speak in Vexese, a language of clicks (their mouth, though concealed by tentacles, is a beak after all). However, they can be taught other languages quit easily. One interesting fact is that, for unknown reasons, when Vexarions are taught English, they speak with a thick Scottish accent.

Written

The Vexarions had two writing languages before they acheived world peace. One was used by the Orthins faction, and was known as Glot' Dakth or "River Ruler", and consisted of several swayed lines. The other, Vorth, was used by the Rilks and Arthains. It consisted of lines and 90 degree angles, with few round corners. Vorth is the writing system currently employed by the Vexarions.

I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:11:29 pm »
Relations with Other Races
Other races are always welcome on Kragus. However, some races tend to nickname them "Chrome Domes" because of their large reflective plate on their head. This will quickly aggravate a Vexarion, and may cause the name-caller to end up impaled upon one of their legs. Despite this habit of impaling, they are very peaceful, and have never fought in any wars beyond the planetary scale. They find friends in other scientific races, one example of this being the xx. One might even say they idolize the xx. However war-like races such as the Torpals, are almost always avoided. They also pity the KOR, and currently do not know the xx created them.

Child Races The Vexarions try to stay out of child races, the only incident being the plant race of Rhododrodes (natives of Tharth), which are very early in their evolution, and are just verging on sapience.

The Past
Some chronicled Vexarion history.

Factions

Vexarions have currently acheived world peace and unity, though it was not always so.

Orthins: Still largely tied to the sea, they thought that all the rivers on Kragus belonged to them. They were all too willing to go to war for this. They were not the smartest of the Vexarions, however, often being fooled into treaties. They made up about 15% of the population.

Rilks: The original Vexarions, they had scaled the canyons and lived on the plataus. Other than that, they were identical to the next faction. They made up 30% of the populaton.

Arthains: They were strong allies with the Rilks, but absolutly loathed the Orthins. They built their homes on the sides of the canyons, and were very advanced for their time. They were also the original believers in world peace, and were reluctant to go to war, even with the Orthins. They made up 55% of the population.

Important Events

0 VY- The Vexarions emerge from the water and begin to dwell in caves.

1000 VY- The Vexarions begin to make tools and show other signs of intelligence. Their legs are beginning to evolve.

5000 VY- The legs are fully evolved, and they enter the tribal stage.

100000 VY- Vexarions begin to experiment with primitive technology (the equivelant of the 1700s).

100011 VY- The Orthins seperate themselves from the rest of the world, and begin to go to war with the other two factions.

100100 VY- The Orthins are defeated, and decide to reform. Their faction is destroyed, and the remnats join the other factions.

100113 VY- World peace is acheived.

100126 VY- Vexarion technology is given a massive boost, due to a downed UFO. It leaped from WWI to 21st century.

100563 VY- The Vexarions perfect their spacecraft and land on Tharth, where they accidently become the parent race of the Rhododrodes. This is known far and wide as the biggest blunder in Vexarion history, as they had scanned the planet so many times they believed there were no sapient races there.

103000 VY- The Vexarions begin work on new technologies and land on Earth; they have proven themselves able to travel out of their galaxy.

119999 VY- In preparation for the new millenium, leading Vexarion scientists send out a powerful radio message in an attempt to contact new races (they had already met several).

120030 VY- The Vexarions allow themselves to enlist on the ships of other races. The also begin their master plan to spread their technology across the universe.

120185 VY- Present.

Since then, they have ascended into the next plane of existence...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:39:06 pm »
cool stuffs :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 03:49:15 pm »
Lots of info, but cool. Just a tip: Slowly release the information allowing the people to read it all. Otherwise they don't take the time to read it.

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:50 pm »
Lots of info, but cool. Just a tip: Slowly release the information allowing the people to read it all. Otherwise they don't take the time to read it.

And add pictures, people pay more attention when there are some purdy pictures to look at.

But I like the Vexarion nonetheless.  ;)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 12:59:29 pm »
yea, pics are honey to bees here, if you need an artist just contact me or anyother artist you find.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 03:00:39 pm »
Oof, yea. It's kind of hard to take all that in in one single gulp! You should have saved up your info a bit. Cool stuff so far (I've only read the first two posts, hehe...)

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 04:33:12 pm »
Okay, looking back now, it probably would have been better to release it all in chunks!  ;D But the whole forum thing is still kinda' growing on me... This is only my second forum lol.

Anyway, this must be some sorta' utopian dream where I can actually find an artist; I have been looking since August!!! I have alotta ideas, but I have real trouble getting them onto paper! lol In fact, when I asked a friend of mine what my drawing of a mech looked like, he said a bean sprout!  :D
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 05:20:32 pm »
Anyway, this must be some sorta' utopian dream where I can actually find an artist; I have been looking since August!!! I have alotta ideas, but I have real trouble getting them onto paper! lol In fact, when I asked a friend of mine what my drawing of a mech looked like, he said a bean sprout!  :D

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6218.0

also, for the 'do-it-yourself' approach, http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7767.0
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:26:13 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]