Author Topic: Regarding multiple creatures...  (Read 5234 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding multiple creatures...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:02:32 pm »
Thats cause "spelt" is wrong, it IS spelled "spelled" children here often make mistakes like that. e.g. "somethink" instead of "something".

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Spread the Word of Chaos! Let it comsume You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 04:14:22 am »
Actually i think my rant was misunderstood. I don't have a problem with the different spellings, but i do have a problem with being told i have spelt(spelled) something wrong when i haven't. It wouldn't be that hard to include both versions into a spell checker. And 'spelt' is a word aside from the fact that it is a pass tense of spell, so it really shouldn't be telling me that that word is wrong. It just makes it very frustrating to check my work when i have to keep by bypassing words that are not wrong. If the spell checker doesn't work, then people won't use it, and that defeats the object of having it.

So i apologize if i sounded racist, i never meant that Americans can't speak English, i was only saying that in the same way that i would not tell them how to spell centre of amour, they should not try and tell me how to spell words when, in fact, i am correct.

not your fault i just went too beserk
Plz visit my city at

http://briezh.myminicity.com/

Offline Lonemessiah

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 06:43:11 am »
Thats cause "spelt" is wrong, it IS spelled "spelled" children here often make mistakes like that. e.g. "somethink" instead of "something".

No it isn't.  American English use the word spelled, whereas English (and Austrailian English i think) use spelt.   I am really sorry for taking this topic so far away from where it started

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spelt  if you don't believe me
As usual this is just my opinion which has about as much factual content as the average episode of Red Dwarf.

Offline Vee

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 09:32:33 am »
Well I'm English as well, I'm not too fussy about spellings, theres not a huge difference, as long as everyone can understand it i couldn't care less if everything was spelt the Welsh way. The only thing id get picky about was the way the language was spoken, in my opinion the way you speak is a reflection on you, the equivalent is "chav" speak in real life, or 1337 speak here. As people to take a degree of care about what they say here i cant see much fuss to get worked up over, i dont feel I'm loosing anything spelling things differently if their meanings are the same.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 12:51:08 pm »
No-one and i repeat no-one should ever ever speak like a chav.

I just use the American words here, while i would use real English in my English home i don't see the point in fussing over every word here (I'm not a very good speller either).

So what! they are two different versions of English that have "evolved" apart in some ways. Just like Spanish, you have different versions of Spanish trough out Spain and south America, and I don't go bitching about that (I'm from Madrid), nor do the Spanish (from Spain). I'm so sick hearing the British telling the Americans they don't speak English and act like barbarians. You treat people coming into your country like **** . If your stupid island is so great why join the EU, and then wreak havoc every time decisions have to be taken? If there is a value British have to learn is modesty. And for god's sake stand up for yourself instead of following the so called "barbarians" (sorry for that Americans) every time they go to war.

PS: I have lived in the US and UK, sincerely the Americans are so much better in everyway compared to the British but I must admit the British accent is way cooler

Peace

its not us following the Americans and ranting about the E.U, its not our fault our government sucks, ( i didn't vote for them and i never will vote for labour while its still the way it is now, despite the fact I'm a kid)
and maby Americans should learn a little something about arrogance/modesty before they rant at us about it

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 01:34:34 pm »
Support John McDonnel for the leadership contest, he seems to want to lead Labout back to the Labour Party rather than the "Red Right" party.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 01:52:42 pm »
i think we should leave this matter alone, i have excused myself and there is no need to talk more about it
Plz visit my city at

Offline Vee

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 02:07:18 pm »

its not us following the Americans and ranting about the E.U, its not our fault our government sucks, ( i didn't vote for them and i never will vote for labour while its still the way it is now, despite the fact I'm a kid)
and maby Americans should learn a little something about arrogance/modesty before they rant at us about it

The thing is A lot of Europe is still in a modern medieval state it seems, the decision to go to war was justified at the time, it is debatable with current knowledge, but there were and still are good reasons to go to war. Unfortunately the way the whole thing was handled is completely blind and its clear no thorethought went into investigating the main issues that plagued the country and what needs to be done to sort it out.

Britain is becoming "Americanized" it's true, I hate it, not saying all American culture is bad, just how the lowest common denominator is manipulated so.

p.s Question: I must say i do like this sort of discussion, but i think when a topic starts off about multiple creatures in a game and ends up about European politics you cant help but laugh, so off topic :D

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 02:14:50 pm »
"and maby Americans should learn a little something about arrogance/modesty before they rant at us about it"

Thank you for being ironic.
"You can only see as far as you think."

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 02:21:27 pm »

The thing is A lot of Europe is still in a modern medieval state it seems, the decision to go to war was justified at the time, it is debatable with current knowledge, but there were and still are good reasons to go to war. Unfortunately the way the whole thing was handled is completely blind and its clear no thorethought went into investigating the main issues that plagued the country and what needs to be done to sort it out.

Britain is becoming "Americanized" it's true, I hate it, not saying all American culture is bad, just how the lowest common denominator is manipulated so.

p.s Question: I must say i do like this sort of discussion, but i think when a topic starts off about multiple creatures in a game and ends up about European politics you cant help but laugh, so off topic :D

coudn't agree more.

How come there so many brits on this forum?
Plz visit my city at

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 02:28:24 pm »
Lucky, I guess.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 02:32:26 pm »
I woudln' call that luck but more "linguistical concidence"  ;)
Plz visit my city at