Poll

Do you even care?

Yes
No
Can't Decide
Glad to see you go
Sad to see you go

Author Topic: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread  (Read 139125 times)

Offline Great Distance

• Mappy Meowky
    • View Profile
Re: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread
« Reply #1005 on: July 09, 2012, 11:52:52 am »
This forum served a purpose for me. In fact it affected a very great part of my life, amongst them the skills I have learned and, decided to pursue. I wouldn't be the same person without it, for the better and for the worse. Whatever the case, I'm leaving. And it is a strange thing. I thought this day would never come. But when I was 7 years old I never thought the day would come that I would go to "junior high" or "high school". But alas, I'm already in university, I own a car and go to work, I buy my own furniture and pay my bills.

Maybe it's just a coincidence I decided to say goodbye today, on the same week as I turn 20. I already decided to leave some time ago. On this evening, right now, I just felt the need to tie up some loose ends. Out with the old, in with the new. That's the feeling I have. Some things need to be appreciated for what they are and what they meant to me. But it's time to put them in the past. Being here may have been one step I needed to take but now I need to take another.

I am sorry for everything that I have left undone and unsaid. I have new responsibilities now. I need to move on with my life, and it's about time, too. Have a good one, everyone.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #1006 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »
Hanging out with you and some of the other artist dudes was some real fun and memorable stuff, really helped me come out of my shell.
So thanks.

And good luck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:23:52 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 09, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »
See ya GD.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 09, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »
Bye GD!

You seem like an interesting, cool person, and I wish the best for you.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 09, 2012, 01:46:20 pm »
May our paths cross again on this big wide internet.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 09, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »
Sad to see you go GD!  May our paths cross again one of these days.

Best of luck.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »
Aww.  Well, good luck out there, GD.  You gotta do what you gotta do I guess, but remember that you can still move on to the next stage in life without cutting all ties to the past.  We'll be around if you want to drop by sometime.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 09, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
Bye! Have fun in...you know, whatever it is you'll be doing!

You gotta do what you gotta do I guess, but remember that you can still move on to the next stage in life without cutting all ties to the past. 

That's why I just don't understand this thread in general...why does anyone bother saying bye around here? If you don't want to visit the website any more (the proverbial you, not you specifically GD), there's no problem with that, stop coming to the site, but there's nothing stopping you from visiting every once in a while. Moving to a new home and saying bye to all the friends you won't see any more makes sense*, but I've just never seen the purpose of it in a place like this.

*I know that's not a perfect analogy, with email and facebook and everything, but bear with me...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 09, 2012, 05:10:02 pm »
Farewell, and good luck.

I know we've had our differences in the past, but all the same, it just wouldn't be right of me to stand aloof at a crossroads like this. Especially since, you taught me, in your own way, a lot that I didn't know about myself. And by in your own way, I mean by not holding back when you needed to get a point across to me. You never did pull any punches.

So, in my own way, I'm guess I'm saying: thanks for everything.

Diolch yn fawr!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:41 am »
Sad to see you go, but good luck in life with your endeavors, etc.

Bye GD!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 10, 2012, 01:34:52 pm »
See you when you decide to come back!
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1016 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:10 pm »
Been nice being with ya GD.  :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1017 on: July 10, 2012, 03:49:20 pm »
Hope you have fun with whatever it is you plan to do. And be sure to come back when you grow out of the stupid phase where you think you need to leave places and cut ties. :P

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 14, 2012, 10:36:10 am »
I thought I was gone forever, look at me. Annoying our resident old farts by visiting  :D Always look back on the past, Great Distance.
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 14, 2012, 02:11:15 pm »
This forum served a purpose for me. In fact it affected a very great part of my life, amongst them the skills I have learned and, decided to pursue. I wouldn't be the same person without it, for the better and for the worse. Whatever the case, I'm leaving. And it is a strange thing. I thought this day would never come. But when I was 7 years old I never thought the day would come that I would go to "junior high" or "high school". But alas, I'm already in university, I own a car and go to work, I buy my own furniture and pay my bills.

Maybe it's just a coincidence I decided to say goodbye today, on the same week as I turn 20. I already decided to leave some time ago. On this evening, right now, I just felt the need to tie up some loose ends. Out with the old, in with the new. That's the feeling I have. Some things need to be appreciated for what they are and what they meant to me. But it's time to put them in the past. Being here may have been one step I needed to take but now I need to take another.

I am sorry for everything that I have left undone and unsaid. I have new responsibilities now. I need to move on with my life, and it's about time, too. Have a good one, everyone.

How the heck did I miss this earlier in the week? GD I truly hope things go well for you. Don't be a stranger.
...and I do kind of echo what Pat and Ink said. You don't need to cut ties to move on with your life, and you're always welcome here.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master