Poll

Do you even care?

Yes
No
Can't Decide
Glad to see you go
Sad to see you go

Author Topic: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread  (Read 139110 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread
« Reply #435 on: July 11, 2009, 09:30:59 pm »
Every joke is a dumb sexual innuendo it seems.

In your end-o.

Easy joke-five!

Oh alright

It was suprisingly hard to find a good picture of Barney requesting a high five.

Wait youtube 5 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtb2fY7TxI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtb2fY7TxI</a>
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:37:32 pm by Cobra »

Offline Great Distance

• Mappy Meowky
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2009, 01:08:10 am »
I actually tried leaving once just to see if I could do it. Well, I'm still here, so I guess that didn't work out.

Lately I've been thinking of leaving to migrate to the ConceptArt.org forums, because I think that would be more beneficial to my interests at this point. You know, they make art and it would be good for me to just concentrate on that if I want to get better at it.

But I think I've been here for too long to leave now. I guess I've gathered some friendly acquaintances as well. It would make leaving seem like an attempt to prove to myself that I can do just fine without you. And that in fact, I would do a lot better without you. I could concentrate on doing art all day if it weren't for you, and someday I would be rich and famous. Booyah.

I don't know...
Because frankly that's the reason I barely post, nobody cares about my opinion, nor do people here understand me.  

Well, you give too much thought to it. I remember when I used to wait nervously for replies to my posts and was really disappointed when people ignored me and it seemed like no one was interested in what I said. Then at some point I realised it's useless to think about that. People will reply if they're interested, even if they don't reply, it doesn't mean that they didn't read what you said.

It is true that no one cares about your opinion. They don't care about my opinion either. If they agree with someone, they were probably thinking the same thing already. Whether they agree or not doesn't always depend on who's saying it, just what they're saying and how they're saying it.

Even if people don't agree with you, then... that's their opinion. So what if people think you're stupid? You know you're not, so they can just go suck balls. Don't tell them that, though. That'd get you in trouble.

Also, I don't get what's the whole deal about people wanting to have a good laugh. People make jokes because other people find them funny. People want to have a good time, they want to laugh and be happy. Well then, what if someone makes fun of you or someone you like? Ignore them or learn to laugh at yourself. Sometimes it's good for you to realise just how ridiculous you've been.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care when people are being blatantly insulting. If you think someone is being mean just for the sake of being mean, you should call them out on it. If they were just making a joke, though, that'll only end with people thinking you're too serious and can't take a little fooling around.

So my word of advice is: Don't care what people think, realise that the world isn't really such a serious place, laugh at yourself, laugh at other stuff and just relax. Because in the end it doesn't really matter if people cared about you, only if you enjoyed your time on this earth yourself. And if you start enjoying yourself, you might just notice that other people like to be around you a bit more, too.

Peace, GD.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 01:09:54 am by Great Distance »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2009, 10:04:45 am »
*shrug*

Breaks are always good. If you feel the need to announce any type of extended absence or that you're leaving entirely you should follow through on it. Don't come back to check to see if anyone responded to your goodbye, that makes you look bad... and don't come back two days later. Optimally you just want to slowly ratchet down your posting and leave. No large public announcement necessary. Tell the people here that you like, if any, and just roll on to the next thing. At least that's what I always try to do.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
Says the guy with 23000 posts and counting.  :D
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »
Says the guy with 23000 posts and counting.  :D

You are not your post count.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 13, 2009, 11:13:31 am »
Yeah, I've decided to show up to prove I'm still alive, just in case anybody missed me (anyone? no? fair enough.). I've been on extended leave with the goons over at SomethingAwful, corrupting my mind at whatnot. I think I MAY come back eventually, but I don't know.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2009, 11:15:28 am »
You've been spending time at SA? Oh... please don't come back then. :P

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2009, 07:15:04 am »
Derp. I lost the bet with flisch

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Great Distance

• Mappy Meowky
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2009, 07:24:15 am »
Hey, welcome back, dude!

You totally deserve your welcome back present now. Just look into one of your threads!

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:23 am »
So good to see you back Yannick :D
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2009, 10:20:50 am »
Glee!
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2009, 06:53:35 pm »
almost a year late but, Bye I'm leaving forever! (for those few of you who remember me :P)

or at least until i suddenly remember this place exists again (and am not tied up with various projects)...
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »
If Gaming Steve doesn't exist in Darkstar's mind... that means I don't exist... and if I don't ex-

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 01, 2009, 04:02:14 pm »
To be rather more specific, I was planning on being banned, because I was the sockpuppet of a banned user.  :)  TTT, in specific.  AKA Wonderful Lizard of Oz.  Bye guys.
Yeah, I'm getting banned and leaving forever.  Bye guys!
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:46 pm »
Totally called it
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."