Poll

Do you even care?

Yes
No
Can't Decide
Glad to see you go
Sad to see you go

Author Topic: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread  (Read 140118 times)

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
"Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread
« on: September 09, 2006, 08:41:08 pm »
Well since I'm leaving for good, I figured that I'd make a thread like this so whenever people say: "I'm leaving foreve" they can do it here. Plus it doesn't really fit with the "Bye, I'm leaving for a vacation" thread now does it :-\

I've thought about this for a while.....I figured out that forums are really bad for your social life....I've got tons of schoolwork, a job, familly and friends. Forums can't really fit in there anymore. There's a few other things that I wanted to start such as productive hobbies, working out more, driving out more often. Forums would be the logical choice to terminate.

I also figured out that being a nerd doesn't really fit for me. I need to get out more with my buddies and go hang out/party with them. I would really suggest that if you want to have a better social life, you should cut out on them and make more real friends in the real world (Don't take this as a boycotting attempt Steve ;-) ) I mean if you think about it, it's pathetic. We're wasting hours/days in front of a screen talking about games. :P

To the people who RPed in Pseudo Sequence, I guess you guys can use Forgan to finish your story if you guys want to, just keep him cool ;) after that, I'd appreciate if people wouldn't mention/use my creatures in RPGs.

Well, it's been nice knowing ya all this is it.

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
Re: "Bye, I'm leaving forever" thread
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:49:22 pm »
bi

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 08:56:50 pm »
well sorry to hear your leaving but now what happens to the gigamanoth?
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:15:36 pm »
later, Although im on the forums alot and i've been able to keep the social life quite healthy. But oh well later man!!
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 09:22:58 pm »
later, Although im on the forums alot and i've been able to keep the social life quite healthy. But oh well later man!!

Ditto. And these forums have believe it or not helped my social life a great deal.
But I guess to each their own.
Bye, if you hear it of course.

What will you do?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:27:46 pm »
You just need a job where you can surf the net while you work. Works wonders for me :P If you feel you need to change something in your life I applaud you for actually doing something about it
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 09:30:47 pm »
Ok, see you in a week!  ;)

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »
Ok, see you in a week! ;)

Ditto. You can never really leave... you'll come back eventually, for some reason or another. For me, it was the Necro, and my intence urge to hurt people.

c14dude

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 11:03:48 pm »
Intense

speaking of returning, i'm in san jose right now and i couldnt get ahold of anything to get on the net with
seeing how i just sold my psp. however i now have a laptop (its an acer aspire 9500, 17' widescreen i'm diggin it)
with a highspeed connection in my hotel room. sweeeeeeeet

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 12:01:36 am »
Same. I always put hanging out with friends first, and I still have lots of time on the forums.

Bye Terminator, Child of the CC Revolution.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 12:24:57 am »
GOODBYEEEEE! I shall miss you. You stood up for your creature and never gave up.

*Sings Danny Boy*

R.I.P. Terminator
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 02:21:21 am »
This is an appaling joke but:

"He'll be back!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 02:24:38 am »
Badum bum ching!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 07:19:59 am »
From the Rules of another forum I frequent (And Necro's exempt because it was his friend and not him that announced that he was intending to leave forever.)
Rule 6: If you decide to publicly proclaim that you are leaving this board forever, please be sure you really mean it, because you won't be welcomed back.

Sometimes when someone announces it on their board, the members often say "I hope you don't Rule 6 yourself" meaning they hope they don't return.

So yeah. I follow that rule. So if I'm gone for a long time, I'm off to find my inner game philosophizer and will come back in a week to a month or so.

Edit: Also, I was thinking that maybe it's just him trying to get attention, which is why people usually rule 6 themselves, they're secretly reading the board hoping to get attention, and when they get enough "Come back, we'll miss you too much" they appear and go "Well, maybe I'll stay, since all of you care so much"

(Like I said before, Necro is exempt because he set specific limitations, he only told his closest friend, who then tried to get other people to sign a "Please Return" I don't think Necro was secretly reading it. I bet he was off ranting about the people that drove him nuts, or doing something else entirely)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:24:24 am by lolasan »
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 07:29:18 am »
Have a good life!
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD