Author Topic: Draconian Race  (Read 9030 times)

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: Draconian Race
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 10:05:15 pm »
Good, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said sorry, natural pessimist habit. On the bright side our hijacking brought the thread up to page 2! :DMaybe we should stop the hijacking.

What will you do?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 12:13:06 am »
I think the good drawings balance it out.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 12:59:41 am »
nice nice nice! nice art!!!  :D :D i love it!
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 07:22:00 am »

Good drawings should never balance it out, but they always will.

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 07:37:07 am »
I am all for new races... when they are CREATIVE. ORIGINAL. NEW.

If this guy is here and wants to do his own thing and isn't expecting or wanting opinions on his work, all the better too him. I can respect that.

But if he is here and wants praise for his unoriginal dragons we've seen a billion times, he will not get it from me. I spit at thee good sir. And if I see these abhorations in Spore, I will slaughter them ruthlessly without hesitation.

how original are the Peski's?
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline AnnoyedDragon

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 04:42:34 pm »
I agree that there isn't that much information so I have updated the first post.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to mention them :)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 04:54:50 pm »

Good drawings should never balance it out, but they always will.

It's not the drawings that do the balancing, its the effort.

Why Necro thinks that effort is only in the originality is beyond me. Many original races have lived, but they didn't have anything to back it up.

You, however, get a B for effort, which is pretty good considering its your first post. The drawings are carefully and well done, however, as time progresses, be sure to maintain drawing quality and create a very interesting backstory. Creature designs are terribly
difficult to innovate in, while history is much easier. As long as you have a thorough history, you're fine. I only wish my thread got this much attention. (It's not discontinued, BTW, just don't have much time) And I'd say I had unique everythin.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 07:07:12 pm »
I am all for new races... when they are CREATIVE. ORIGINAL. NEW.

If this guy is here and wants to do his own thing and isn't expecting or wanting opinions on his work, all the better too him. I can respect that.

But if he is here and wants praise for his unoriginal dragons we've seen a billion times, he will not get it from me. I spit at thee good sir. And if I see these abhorations in Spore, I will slaughter them ruthlessly without hesitation.

how original are the Peski's?

Original enough. Closest thing to Triffids we have so far, thus they are a-ok.

ok, i just looked up what the Triffids are, and the picture was a tree growing out of a piece of crap?

thanks for the encouragement...

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 07:46:19 pm »
Necro's just being cool so ignore him haha. I havent been on the forum in like 3 months so i dont know much about the young races but I'll take a look at your Peski's and rate em.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 08:11:34 pm »
Firstly, Necro, your using the wrong word, hes a newb, not a n00b, refere to this comic http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823

Secondly, hey, he's doing preety good for his very first post in the Spore forum, its not like some of these Great, and awesome creatures are so original

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2006, 08:22:38 pm »
Necro's just being cool so ignore him haha. I havent been on the forum in like 3 months so i dont know much about the young races but I'll take a look at your Peski's and rate em.

well, right before you left then i posted by Peski's

Offline AnnoyedDragon

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 01:12:59 pm »
If someone is interested in creating a certain type of creature does it really matter if it is considered original or not? It is all in good fun after all.

Anyway a description has been added, the flying vehicle has been updated with weaponry and a machine has been added.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 02:29:45 pm »
Lol, I love you guys completely misinterpret what I'm saying.

1. He is a n00b, not a newb. A newb would have posted something original and interesting, neither of which I personally find in this creature. To me, he is n00bish, and trying to push the limits of my patience.

2. I meant Peski's were like Triffids because they have "feathers" that look like leaves comming out of them, making them seem like living trees. Triffids are cool, as are Peski.
So basically if you don't like someone's creature they're stupid.

You're a ****ing nubsauce.

Well they ARE incredibly generic and uninspired.....

And don't call Necro nubsauce, he's 10x more the sauce you'll ever be.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 02:45:33 pm »
Necro you need to get a life. Everyone comes on here to share ideas (and if this one is made so what? I personally like it), not to be criticized. If you don't like it you can say so, but you don't need to be a totall jackass on the comment. Go away, nobody likes you. I don't even know how you haven't gotten banned...

You're the scum of society Necro, sitting in the trash heap. You're just angry at other people for creating something better than you ever could. Oh wait you created the Necromonicon. Forgot about that... That wasn't n00bish at all, because they were the "strongest" creatures after growing up on a lava world. They were designed only to kill. That was creative...
Any halfwit could have come up with that and while dragons aren't the most orginal design they are way better than your creature/s could ever dream of becoming.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:59:33 pm by josasa »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 03:02:45 pm »
1. To Jo: I asked to be banned and they couldn't even get that right.

2. To Xar: It's not my fault I just have better taste than you.

3. I said my peice, so let's stop spamming this topic, because the very first post already qualified it as spam in my opinion, and spam times spam cannot equal anything good.

If you asked to be banned why don't you just stop posting? Or are you just too stupid to figure it out. Why would you care whether we spam or not on a thread you don't like? We're not spamming were saying that we like the creature and then you're flaming us for that. What're you trying to prove? That you're bi-polar and have no brain?