Author Topic: lets talk abou the water phase shall we  (Read 16960 times)

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
Re: lets talk abou the water phase shall we
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 10:08:57 am »
They had better eliminate ALL traces of underwater life then; Remember the mistakes that Rockstar and Bethesda made?

What mistakes?

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2006, 10:10:44 am »
well rockstar games and bethesda made the mistake of being retarded
Never mind your own business.

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 10:13:43 am »
Yeah, but what mistakes is Whatevercow talking about particularly?

Rockstar left in the dirty mod, is that what they're talking about?

Offline Millsy111

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 10:37:11 am »
well rockstar games and bethesda made the mistake of being retarded

How are Bethesda retarded? They created one of the best games ever made.

Offline named

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Wake me up in the Fall.
    • View Profile

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 12:01:50 pm »
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:10:15 pm by SpecialBrownies »
"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 07:33:08 am »
guys, guys, here.. have an aspirin :P

now... in my opinion I want water creatures. I've said this before but I'll say it again, look at the question:

IGN: We've heard players might be able to create underwater creatures.

Will Wright: That's actually one of those aspects of the game that's right on the cusp of being cutout. We'll have to see if it makes it in. You start out underwater, at the molecular level, so it's just a matter of whether or not you're forced out and onto land.

Those guys over at IGN have known that water creatures, just like flying creatures were in and still in the middle of a bunch of useless questions about spore being on consoles this totally random question which has nothing to do with all others come up, sorry but it just looks to me like Will Wright asked them to ask that question so that he could piss us off a bit by giving a made up answer xD

As for the fact we haven't seen any water creatures or anything underwater being the proof then I'd say that cell stage, tribal stage, city stage and civ stage are not in as well. oh wait, we haven't seen any boats either so they are not there! omg! omg! kthxbyedienow :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Millsy111

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 10:15:32 am »
They had better eliminate ALL traces of underwater life then; Remember the mistakes that Rockstar and Bethesda made?

What mistakes?
http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2006/05/04/oblivion-nude-elder-scrolls-goes-mature-m/

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/735/735340/img_3595229.html

it looks like a land critter to me
its amphibious
I don't see where you're getting that from.

I still don't think that Bethesda did anything wrong. The breasts just look plain silly and Oblivion isn't exactly a game that the average 10 year old would play. They were just trying to make the game more realistic, unlike Rockstar who thought that adding a sex mini-game was clever. Even with the 'Hot Coffee' mod, how would children get their hands on it? I suspect that most children that play the game have the PS2 version, whilst the ones who own the PC one wouldn't have figured out to download it anyway. The only way children playing the game could find out about this mini-game was by reading game magazines. So why are the anti-videogames protestors or whatever their called complain against the developers? They should be taking action against the magazine for printing such an article.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 10:46:26 am »
In the UK the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification, under who's jurisdiction games fall) just ignored the Hot Coffe thing, saying that since it took a third party modification to make it happen then it wasn't considered a part of the game. Thats a really good decision there, just because residual code was left over shouldn't mean anything, it's like saying that because Disney's Snow White has pictures of Snow White, someone could then draw snow white naked and so it should be classified as 18(is R the USian equivalent?)

Offline dafool

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2006, 02:35:50 pm »
It's R for 18 over here. I also agree, if something takes effort and understanding to get to then the average 10 year old wont even know what a mod is, let alone figure out how to get it. Personally I believe that most people who criticize video games are idiots as there are far worse things than video games out there. Like EA. Greedy bastards. Stealing away our dreams of living under the sea.  :'(

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 03:01:54 pm »
I don't see why games are the target, if anyone it should be the parents who buy their 10 year olds 18 rated games, and then have the nerve to try and blame the game.

Offline dafool

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2006, 03:09:21 pm »
I don't see why games are the target, if anyone it should be the parents who buy their 10 year olds 18 rated games, and then have the nerve to try and blame the game.

Exactly. People today have a hard time taking responsibility for what they let their kids do, so they blame every other thing.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 04:05:53 pm »
Yeah, bad parenting from the start. I accuse my parents of making my life suck, cause if i wasnt born I wouldnt have a life TO suck. But they deny it. I think parents are selfish. They bring a child into this horrible world to make THEM happy. I mean honestly, who the hell wants to be born.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 05:49:03 pm »
this is about the water stage?
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.