Poll

Do you still like Sagan 4?

Yes
47 (88.7%)
No
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Sagan 4 - Team Project  (Read 80902 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Sagan 4 - Team Project
« Reply #495 on: April 18, 2007, 04:56:16 am »
I would like to revive tis again how many people from the old team want to help out again an anyone new want to try?

Hydro ~
I got the impression from that that you were accepting new people. It was just a misunderstanding.

You can try out if ya want in the science thread. Just know that you might not get chosen.

Sagan 4 Science Thread
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6816.0

EDIT: Sent you all the information you need. Of course they have already been posted here on page 1 for quite some time though..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:11:09 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #496 on: April 20, 2007, 06:07:34 am »
Here is a slide show i made showing off Glicker Reef biome.

Glicker Reef (Ladymian Age)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #497 on: April 20, 2007, 09:18:36 pm »
I like it!  :)

Are you going to make another one?

Also, I might make another creature that will live on the Wright Beach. Once done, I'll post in the science thread to let it go through the BS checking.
Ichthyostega

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #498 on: April 21, 2007, 02:01:05 am »
Like the naucean flash i had to use a template flash and made it my own so i made a Sagan 4 themed matching game. Enjoy! Note it only has creatures i drew since i did not time to ask for permission to use other peoples drawings.

Sagan 4 Matching Game
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53670453/

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #499 on: April 21, 2007, 05:50:52 pm »
Like I said, I will make a creature that will live on the Wright-Jujubee beach. But since I might become a Sagan IV member, I'm posting it here because I don't think members need very much BS checking in the science thread.

Beach Slider (Planktoteuthus halbios)

Creator: Ichthyostega

Ancestor: Sea Floater

Size: 1 foot tall

Habitat: Wright-Jujubee Beach

Diet: Omnivore (stickyballs, meat)

Reproduction: Sexual, two genders (NOT Male and Female), ovoviviparous

The beach slider is an amphibious animal that split from the sea floater. Unlike the sea floater, who visits the beach occasionally for food, the beach slider is truly adapted for life on the beach. The four ambulatory tentacles lay flat on the ground. The tentacular "feet" move the beach slider foreward. The eyes become more of a "pinhole", which can let it detect limited images. The manipulative tentacles become chemoreceptive, which allows the beach slider to smell. It's diet consists of stickyballs, smaller animals, dead bodies, and anything the sea spits out. The poison glands move into the mouth. When killing prey, the toxin is injected into it.  The hydrogen sac is now simply a vocal organ. Air passes through the hole on the forehead. Vocal cords develop to vibrate the sound. Then it's amplified from the sac. They have became social. They can communicate by changing colors. Beach sliders become slightly intellegent, which helps them find food and care for their young.

The hermaphroditic gender of the beach slider develops a phallus-like organ that places the eggs or sperm in the carrier gender's pouch. The pouch holds the eggs. The young hatch inside the pouch, but are kept inside until they can survive outside. The baby beach sliders are weak and need much attention. They are only a few inches long. The parents defend the babies aggressively if something tries to eat them (like a leatherback scuttlecrab).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:58:58 am by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 21, 2007, 07:55:41 pm »
I could help...
:)
(If you still want new people)
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #501 on: April 21, 2007, 08:03:37 pm »
Hydro, your matching game doesn't work for me  ???

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #502 on: April 22, 2007, 01:22:21 am »
Great job Ichthyostega! But don't forget to add the gen number. We are on gen 54 currently. And welcome to the team since you have decided to become a full time member and not just a guest artist.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #503 on: April 23, 2007, 02:50:55 am »

Pineplent (Diplent alpine)

Creator: Hydromancerx

Ancestor: Towerplent

Size: Huge (7 m) Tall

Habitat: Glicker Alpine

Diet: Photosynthesis

Reproduction: Sexual, spores, two genders

The Pineplent split from the Towerplent. It looks much like its ancestor except its leaves are now needles to deal with the snow. It also has developed resin sap to protect its needles from the cold. Its trunk also has thick layer of insulated blubber-like tissue to keep it warm. Since it is a plent and breathes like one. Its top nostril will let out warm breath clouds. Thus giving them the nickname of "smoke trees".

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #504 on: April 23, 2007, 03:39:28 am »

Bubble Arch (Testudohexapodia Pyroarch)

Ancestor: Purple Bubble Tree

Size: Small (1 m) Tall

Habitat: Krakow Rocky

Diet: Photosynthesis, Burnt Herbivores

Reproduction: Asexual, Hydrogen Filled Seed Bubbles

The Purple Bubble tree (now driven to extinction) got pushed out of the Hugg Temperate forest due to all the broad leaf plents. To cope with this it evolved into the Bubble Arch. It can survive in poor soil and high winds. It developed an arch to keep it stable in the high winds. The bubble tree was already small but in fact it grew a bit to get as much sunlight it can from its trunk. It still has tiny leaves around the bubble seeds but they ate tiny. Any desperate herbivore will still have to deal with its exploding hydrogen seeds. It can kill its own nibbling herbivore prey. It uses the burnt carcass as fertilizer to help in grow thus enriching the poor rocky soil. It compliantly fire retardant now to deal with wildfires in the rocky cliffs. Many other other plants will catch on fire during th summer but the Bubble arch will stay virtually unaffected only loosing its seeds, which quickly grow back. This actually clears the annoying sticky balls in the area. Thus giving the other plants a chance to grow.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:42:25 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #505 on: April 23, 2007, 04:45:17 am »

Tuskelak (Exchamaelifer Sauropodmimus)

Ancestor: Colloselak

Size: Large (4 m) Long

Habitat: Nuke Temperate Forest

Diet: Herbivore (Palmbu and variants)

Reproduction: Sexual, lays hard shelled eggs in nests, two genders

Colloselak and Gigaphant constantly fought for food. The Collesellak eventually evolved into the very aggressive Tuskelak. This aggression was so severe that it will kill other herbivores on sight. Thus driving the Planda and Forest Gigaphant to extinction. Its teeth and knee spikes have grown into long tusks in which it will impale any completion, including other Tuskelak. Most predators stay way from the full grown Tuskelak, but will hunt babies. Like its ancestor it just eats and chews cud as it crashes through the forest. It will eat any plant it can and is always hungry. Is back hump can store food during lean times. It has also long since lost its color changing abilities since nothing messes with them.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 23, 2007, 09:35:34 am »
The Insaneshroom split of the Stalkshroomand. It's spores get eaten or breathed in by invertebrates such as the Twelve-Winged Worm and then migrate to the brain. Once they the spore will cause the animal to climb or fly as high as they can. Then it kills them. The spore grow into a stalk and release more spores into the air. This flora actually keep the population of invertebrates balanced on the landmass of Glicker. It would have spread farther but the seas stopped it from spreading.

I think someone was watching the "Planet Earth" special on the discovery channel last week.  ;D  Cool fungus, with Sagan getting going again I think I may post one or two things in the coming week.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #507 on: April 23, 2007, 06:34:03 pm »
The Insaneshroom split of the Stalkshroomand. It's spores get eaten or breathed in by invertebrates such as the Twelve-Winged Worm and then migrate to the brain. Once they the spore will cause the animal to climb or fly as high as they can. Then it kills them. The spore grow into a stalk and release more spores into the air. This flora actually keep the population of invertebrates balanced on the landmass of Glicker. It would have spread farther but the seas stopped it from spreading.

I think someone was watching the "Planet Earth" special on the discovery channel last week.  ;D  Cool fungus, with Sagan getting going again I think I may post one or two things in the coming week.

Yeah thats show gave me a lot of good ideas. But nothing says you can't use earth for ideas :P I can't wait to see what creatures you come up with.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #508 on: April 23, 2007, 10:05:40 pm »
Quote from: Ichthyostega

Tuskaphant (Xylodon hydroensis)

Creator: Ichthyostega

Ancestor: Gigaphant

Size: Large (3 meters tall)

Habitat: Hydro-Ovi Savannah

Diet: Herbivore (Violetgrass, Speckled Berry Plant)

Reproduction: Sexual, two genders, live birth

The Tuskaphant descended from the Gigaphant. It has replaced the Gigaphant in the Hydro-Ovi Savannah. The Tuskaphant's legs became shorter and the trunks grew a bit longer so it can eat the violet grass. It has also developed "thumbs" on the trunks like on an African elephant's so it could hold on to the food. They now live in herds of at least 15 individuals.

One noticable difference from the Gigaphant is that the Tuskaphant, as it's name suggests, has very long tusks. The males have long tusks. Female's are much shorter. The tusks' are used for fighting for mating rights.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #509 on: April 24, 2007, 04:48:10 am »
I made a Flora distribution map for you guys to see visually where what plants grow at the end of the Ladymian Period.

http://www.sporewiki.com/images/thumb/3/3a/Floramap2.jpg/800px-Floramap2.jpg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:50:20 am by Hydromancerx »