Poll

Do you still like Sagan 4?

Yes
47 (88.7%)
No
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Sagan 4 - Team Project  (Read 80764 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Sagan 4 - Team Project
« Reply #480 on: April 15, 2007, 10:36:57 pm »
Gah too fast too fast!!!

1st of all you should have posted this in the science thread 1st to get checked.

2nd. basically we post 8 species for each day in a 7 day week. We use to do it in real time weeks but it was too much. So we now just do it whenever.

Bascilly you would be on week 8, day 53 with us. You would choose a creature that was not extinct and that was not in the current generation (aka day 53). Then evolve only one generation. Early on we were at a larger time scale thus how we could go from cells to big creatures so fast. But currently we are on a mach shorter time scale. Which means cellular life can only evolve into other microscopic cells. And more multicells creatures will evolve to closer related species.

So your Gomphioculum microscopica would be evolvable. But it would be considered gen 53. Thus the rest of the line could not be evolved yet. Also the rest are too fast.

I see what you were trying to do by adding it the past history. But the problem with doing that is that it was never seen until now. And thus we were not able to interact with it at that time.

Even though the creatures are great and the art is great i will have to ask you to plz delete Gomphioculum parasitica, Vampire Bell and Giant Vampire Bell. If you wish to evolve Gomphioculum microscopica thats fine but it will take many generations over weeks to get to Gomphioculum parasitica, now that the scale is so short.

Also plz chnage the generation number on Gomphioculum microscopica if you still plan to use it.

Sorry you were so confused.

EDIT:

Here is the updated geological scale to show you what time scale we are in right now. Currently we are in the "Ladymian Period (Week 8)" which lasts only 12.5 Million years. In comparison Earth's Miocene was about the same length of time at 12 million years. While the more recent Pleistocene was only 1 million years But it is much less time compared to Earth's Cretaceous, which was 72 million years long or Cambrian which was 100 Million years long.

(Close up view)
http://www.sporewiki.com/images/2/2d/Sagan_timeline.jpg

In short what you wanted to do would have taken 100 million years to do or more. Which would take many many future weeks to do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:31:07 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2007, 02:19:04 am »

Filterworm (Harenavermis Filterus)

Creator: Hydromancerx

Ancestor: Mudworm

Size: Small (1 m) Long

Habitat: Bone River

Diet: Filter-Feeder

Reproduction: Sexual (Eggs)

The Filterworm evolved from the Mudworm. It has gone up stream from the swamp and lives in the fast rushing rapids. It's front flipper-claws have evolved into filtering bristles. These bristles collect small organic particles in which it will lick off and eat. This body has become smaller and its legs have evolves into anchoring hooks. Even the tail-flipper is a hook. For they need to keep attacked to the bottom or risk getting pulled downstream. It still needs to breathe air so it will crawl to the edge and take a breath since it is no longer swims.

Offline Russ1

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2007, 03:57:27 am »
Thanks for the complement Hydro, and great minds think alike it seems with the new food sourse of the Crystal Tower :).

Hey Powerferret, nice first drawing. Even though they evolved too quickly, I'd still love to see the other drawings you did. Could you put them on your website or in your thread here? Either that or save them as a surpirse for when we rise up the generations. Either way, glad to see you're on the team.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:12:27 am by Russ1 »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2007, 05:19:57 am »

Insaneshroom (Pseudofungi Lunitic)

Ancestor: Stalkshroom

Size: Fine (2 cm)

Habitat: Huggs Swamp, Yokto Swamp, Krakow Temperate Forest, Huggs Temperate Forest, Yokto Temperate Forest, Huggs-Yokto Savanna, Krakow Plains, Flisch-Krakow Rainforest, Flisch Temperate Forest, Krakow Temperate Forest, Flisch Savanna, Flisch Plains, Huggs Rainforest

Diet: Invertibrates (Twelve-Winged Worm, Maw Podion, Podion, Megaworms, Foliage Worm, Poison Sagworm, Leaping Sauceback, Leatherback Scuttlecrab, Feathered Silkworm, Golden Sauceback, etc)

Reproduction: Super Fast Asexual Budding within Invertebrates, Very Resistant Airborne Spores

The Insaneshroom split of the Stalkshroomand. It's spores get eaten or breathed in by invertebrates such as the Twelve-Winged Worm and then migrate to the brain. Once they the spore will cause the animal to climb or fly as high as they can. Then it kills them. The spore grow into a stalk and release more spores into the air. This flora actually keep the population of invertebrates balanced on the landmass of Glicker. It would have spread farther but the seas stopped it from spreading.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:22:34 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Russ1

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2007, 06:08:50 am »

The Crystal Sapper (Aeroflora escensi)

Creator: Russ1

Ancestor: Plentpecker                                               

Size: Tiny (30cm) Long

Habitat: Huggs Rainforest

Diet: Insides of the Solar Towers/ Photosynthesis

Reproduction: Sexual, live birth, two genders

The Crystal Sapper has split from the Plentpecker and takes advantage of the Mega Worms destructive effects on the Solar Tower. These small plents huddle around the worms eating the fleshy insides of the tower uncovered by the worms. The back two legs have the same property as its ancestor, but the front two legs are now pseudo claws, helping the Sapper to dig deeper for fresher food within the tower. The Sapper’s tail has grown longer and tougher, acting as a support for when the Sapper feeds.
These plents are highly social and communicate in high pitched squeaks. They alert each other to danger, even though the Carnibell is too slow to catch them.
The Sapper, spends it’s whole life on the Towers, so young Sappers cling to the underbellies of their parents.

I thought of it last night as soon as I'd finished the Carnibell.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:23:09 am by Russ1 »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2007, 04:42:27 pm »
GEN 54

Note that after these 8 species the week will pause and things will be sorted out. Maybe even a disaster or event will take place and then we will continue on for week 9 - gen 55.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2007, 04:54:28 pm »
Would a sapient species ever come from Sagan 4? Eventually, through several generations, I mean. And need sapience to survive?

...Go Pleants!...
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2007, 05:08:42 pm »
Maybe in the future but we need to fill out the biomes still before that would happen. We have some areas like rivers with just one or 2 multicellular species and the rest microorganisms. In short if we want a realistic world for the sapient creature live in it has to have a diverse ecosystem within every biome.

Here is a list of biomes with 5 or less multicellular species.

Glicker-LadyM Beach, Biocat River, Bone River, Flisch Lake, Flisch River, Huggs River, Ichthy River, Ichthy Swamp, Irinya River, Irinya Swamp, Krakow River, Russ River, Slarti River, Slarti Swamp, Yokto River, Yokto Marsh, Krakow Temperate Forest, Glicker Alpine, Yokto Rocky, Wright-Jujubee Beach, Ittiz River, Ittiz Swamp,  Hydro River, Nuke River, Nuke Swamp, Ovi River, Ittiz-Nuke Alpine, North Tundra, South Tundra, Atmosphere,

As you can see we have a lot to do still.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2007, 06:09:26 pm »
Treue.  ;D

Too bad I can't draw. I tried to doodle some plents earlier, and, well, I'll not make your eyes burn...
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2007, 12:21:16 am »

Bladewalker (Uksip Cycuspod)

Ancestor: Stumpworm Sucker

Size: Medium (1 m) Tall

Habitat: Flisch Savannah

Diet: Carnivore (Antlerclaw)

Reproduction: Sexual, eggs into the water, 2 Genders

The Bladewalker split from the Stumpworm Sucker. It has increased greatly in size to take advantage of the Antlerclaw. They had no natural predators so it now eats them. its top claw has lost its webbing and increased its claws for better grabbing at prey. The talon legs have turned into blades now and are used for slashing prey. And the straw-like beak is now serrated to slice into the preys flesh to suck out the blood and meat. Like its ancestor has an acidic liquid in its mouth that pre-digests the flesh so it can suck it up. Its back legs are also stronger so it can jump on the side of its prey to hang on and bleed it to death. Since its prey is 3 times as big as it they hunt in loose packs. They are not social normally but will band together if they find prey that is sick or injured to eat. Once killed it is an organized feeding frenzy. It must still lay its eggs in the ocean. When babies hatch they migrate to the savanna.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2007, 10:01:10 am »
To balance all that and avoid your own menacing legs

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2007, 08:34:40 pm »
Ok after talking with Ovi, we will not have any more disasters. Its hard enough to fill in the biomes if we ever want to get to sentient life. So from now on just keep making generations. It will not really matter when the week changes. It will be just like changing a generation (aka day).

In short keep making species!! We still have a lot of room let to fill up!

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2007, 04:29:30 am »
I cant pick! WAH! Can someone tell me which one I should Evolve?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2007, 04:46:44 am »
I cant pick! WAH! Can someone tell me which one I should Evolve?

No offense Doctor z but you should not if you even need to ask that. In short if you did not receive PM in the last few days asking to draw then your not on the team. I am not trying to to be mean or anything. But Sagan 4 has always been that way since the start. Here is the list...

Sagan 4 Team

Artists

Hydromancerx (Cladogram & Spore Wiki)

Huggkruka [Inactive]

Yokto [Inactive]

Oviraptor (Map & Spore Wiki)

Krakow Sam (BS Checker) [Inactive]

Rhodix (Spore Wiki)

Flisch

Irinya [Inactive]

Russ1

Powerferret

Guest Artists

nuclearchinchila

Biocat

Ichthyostega

Globe Artists

Ittiz

Jujubee

Creature Shuffler and General Helper

LadyM

Asked to be Guest Artist (but have not)

Bonemouse

Red_Fish

Eligecos

Huckbuck

Jack Zetter

operaghost21
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:01:20 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2007, 04:51:09 am »
I would like to revive tis again how many people from the old team want to help out again an anyone new want to try?

Hydro ~
I got the impression from that that you were accepting new people. It was just a misunderstanding.