Author Topic: My Creature- The Huckbuck AWAKEN FROM THE DEAD!  (Read 14112 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
My Creature- The Huckbuck AWAKEN FROM THE DEAD!
« on: September 01, 2006, 07:22:12 am »
Here it is.. for the first time ever.. The Huckbuck!

------------------------------------------------

Lifespan: 230 – 240 human years (about 115 Huckbunese years).

Lifestyle: Unsocial herbivores.

Language: Huckbunish

Population: 1.2 billion Huckbucks.

An Huckbuck

Size: About 4 feet.

Sex: The Huckbuck is a Hermaphrodite. They mate at springtime and then carry the eggs for about 3 months. They usually lay about 10 to 15 eggs. The eggs hatch after about three weeks. 

Intelligence: On the human scale, about 180 IQ.

A Huckbunese house

Cities:  Gharuij (capitol), Huyuij, Tarterauij and Gertareuij. On the planet KoGhati they have the colonies Juij and Huyuijdobl (witch means Huyuij 2). On the moon Gnai they have the colony Gnaiuij, on the moon Hurrvas they have the colony Hurruij and on the moon Thark they have the colonies Tharkuij and Tharkuijdobl.

The planet Thoglock

The Huckbunese solar system.

Location in the Galaxy: The Huckbuck lives on the planet Thoglok. They have colonies on three of Thoglok’s five moons. They also have a mining colony on the neighbor planet, KoGhati, which is more or less a hundred thousand ton satellite of solid crystal. Their solar system consists of 9 planets and 1 white dwarf and they all orbit around the star Ytmachi known to the Huckbunese as the Sun. The planets (from the sun and out) Ytmachi (star), KoGhati (5000 Megameters (1000 km) from the sun), Thoglok (7650 Mm), Retshui (11950 Mm), Gyth (12000 Mm), Hygyth (white dwarf, 22000 Mm), Retyth (25000 Mm), Gruai (32 000 Mm), Hutergaath (45 750 Mm), Juytigyth, (50 200 Mm), and Ghargarog (56 500 Mm). The Huckbucks believe that Ghargarog is a monolith created by their god that looks like himself. That’s why they call this planet the same name that they call their god.

The god of the Huckbucks, Ghargarog.
Religion: The Huckbunese priests has got a holy book called “The Holy Book” that’s said to be written by their god Ghargarog.

“In the beginning there was only fire. Eternal, black flames. Then awoken from the flames, came Ghargarog with The Holy Fire-Extinguisher and put out the flames. He created the planets, the stars and the sun from the dust left from The Black Flames. After that he created one god for each planet that was responsible for its evolving. The daemon Hygyth was responsible for Thoglok. Hygyth was a small, white, sadist-daemon that tortured the living creatures on Thoglok, including the relatives of the Huckbuck. When Ghargarog saw what Hygyth had done, even though it was one of the lesser planets, he went furious, because he loves everything that lives and grows. Nevertheless he did not want to kill Hygyth, so he bound him in a gigantic orb, orbiting around the sun. – Thou shall in eternity rest in your prison and think about your sins. Ghargarog said when he left him there. Hygyth was furious and swore to get out someday and destroy the whole world. Now Thoglok didn’t have a supervisor-god, and all the other gods were occupied so Ghargarog decided that he would control Thoglok and guide its people to domination. “

The Creation, Chapter 1 from “The Holy Book”.

Huckbunese priest
Its hard to become a Huckbunese priest because you must have the Mark of Ghargarog, witch is said to be given by Ghargarog to a favored Huckbuck. But the mark, a big abscess on the top of the head, is actually a deadly tumor, so most priest’s doesn’t live that long.

Social: The Huckbuck is very arrogant and self-confident; in fact they are not nice at all. A compliment or encouraging is very (and I mean very) rare. Not even a parent can admit that its child is good at anything. This results in that many Huckbucks kills themselves before the age of 10. The rest learns to have fun with themselves, mostly by reading boring books, or looking at themselves in the mirror and admire their own appearance. This does not mean that they can’t feel love; they don’t love as much as humans but they do feel love. As babies they love their parent before they realize that the parent is a bitch. As teenagers they do, as humans fall in love, before they realize that their partner is a bitch to. Most babies are born by teenage parents that still feel love to each other. As grown-ups they have realized that everyone is a bitch except themselves.

Consuming: The Huckbuck doesn’t have to eat a lot. In fact they only eat once a week. They are herbivores and eat the fruits from the Ghark Palm and the Huih Tree. They drink a fluid called Ghien similar to water, but it consists of hydrogen, chlorine and the substance ghiecarbonate. The seas and rivers on Thoglok all consists of Ghien.

Huckbunese Infanterist
Military: The Huckbucks prefer biological missile weapons over bullets and tanks. Their military force is 78.7% engineers and such who works with robots, 12% infantry (in most cases equipped with beamguns) and 9.3% airplanes and tanks.

Primary weapons:

Beamgun: A gun that fires a beam of pure, 2 192 degrees hot (Fahrenheit), light that burns, and blinds the enemy. Anyone that wants to use this gun must wear a suit of a special heat resisting material.

Ag.42: A missile constructed by the famous scientologist Ghutij Ag that when used spread a toxic gas that immediately kills the enemy, unless he wears heavy protection.

Ag.13: A projectile fired by the tank Gart.12. It works in the same way as an Ag.42, but in a smaller scale.

Beamsword: A close combat weapon that consist of a blade of compressed light.

Employment: 56% of the Huckbunese population works in mines and gather minerals, 12% works in industrial companies, 9% works with food gathering and farming, 8% works in the military, 2% works with politics and the rest works in stores, hospitals etc.

Policy: The Huckbucks is not often merciful or polite; they prefer to start a war instead of sharing. The Huckbucks are ruled by a king and 10 mouthpiece chosen by the people.
Every 10 years there is an election for new mouthpieces and everyone (even kids) can vote. The king and the mouthpieces live in the capitol city Gharuij but in each big city a mayor lives who decides about regional questions and problems. The election of a new major is at the same time as the election of the mouthpieces.

------------------------------------------------

Thats it for now! This was only an overview, im going to do more on each part that will be posted in this topic later, right now im planing on doing a flora and fauna with loads of pics.

If you've read this, please say what you think about it, any feedback is apriciated both negative and positive. Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:38:36 am by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature- The Huckbuck
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
Heh heh... They look kinda funny: But in a good way. The info/culture was good too. Kept me interested. And, you've got some nice pictures to go along woth all that, which is always a plus.  ;)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:46:46 am »
Wow, very nice work.
Interesting race, and well done pictures! (I Love their god :) )

Looking forward for some more information about their biology. Keep up the good work!  ;)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:43 pm »
They have potential, love the religion. :) Oh, and I know their personality will drive anyone insane, but I still want them to meet the Omic.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline jujubee

• Missile Commander
  • Notoriously Unnotorious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 02:15:29 pm »
Cool, can't wait for more info :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 03:29:45 pm »
Wow! Very eleborate. Very cool creature :D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:31:15 pm »
duuude...they have lightsabers and scientologists! ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:05 pm »
very interesting
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 03:55:00 am »
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Right now I'm working on other creatures on planet Thoglok and sketching plants. New pics and info should be ready on Tuesday or Wednesday.
@davidramnero

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 06:42:05 am »
Wow, nice pictures. It's got a great style.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:16:06 am »
whow, what drawing program do you use?
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 08:44:58 am »
whow, what drawing program do you use?

I use Macromedia Fireworks. Works pretty well, easy to use if know how to do it.
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 06:58:03 am »
Huckbuck update 05 / 08 2006

Five brand new creatures are up! (All creatures are compared to a huckbuck on the pics to show size.)

Jougel-Bird

The Jougel-Bird is a small bird without wings that lives on the big grasslands of Thoglock. They live in groups of 10 to 20 birds. The Jougel is a herbivore and grass is its main sustenance. At springtime they mate and after 2 months they lay 2 to 6 eggs. The eggs hatches after about 4 months. The Jougel-Bird's natural enemies are the Hargaroth, the Gurgoth and the Freugith.

Eidoh

The Eidoh is a unique creature. It has got a big eye but no mouth. The Eidoh absorbs sunlight and convert it into energy. If its cloudy the Eidoh rests and uses reserve energy kept in an organ that looks like a liver. However this energy last for only 7 days, so bad weather is a nightmare for the Eidoh. They live in the forests on Thoglock. The Eidoh is a mammal and gives birth to their babies 5 months after the mating. They usually give birth to about 2-4 babies at the same time. The only natural enemy of the Eidoh is the Gurgoth.

Hargoth

The Hargoth is a big wingless bird-reptile. They are predators and usually don't live in groups. Most Hargoths live on the grassy plains. At the Autumn the Hargoth seeks a partner to mate with. The egg is then laid in spring time and hatches after about 2 to 3 months. They only ever lay one egg at a time. The main prey of the Hargoth is the Jougel-Bird, however they also eats Hygeehts and in some cases even Huckbucks. They don't have any particular enemy, in fact there are few creatures who are able to kill them. But it do happends that they get killed in a Gurgoth hunting party.

Phruet

The Phruet is a fish who lives close to the shores. They have a very unique way to move. They swallow ghien (huckbunese water), then a special lung system separates the hydrogen from the chlorine and the ghiencarbonate. The chlorine and the ghiencarbonate is turned into energy while the hydrogen leaves the body through the anus. This makes the Phruet move forward. They have small fins to control the movement. They lives in shoals and mate at any time of the year. The roe is carried inside their bellies and when the fry is ready to survive on their own they leave through their mothers anus. The energy gained from the ghien is not enough to be the phruets only food, they also eats a alga like herb called Finidork that grows on the sea bed. They are hunted by almost all the carnivore fishes on Thoglock, however, the Yth is their main enemy.

Turgbui

The Turgbui is a hermaphrodite who lives in the big deserts of Thoglock. They live in groups of 4 to 5. The Turgbui eats insects that lives deep down under the sand. They are master diggers and uses their big trunks to dig after insects. At spring time or at the summer they mate and after 14 months they give birth to 2 to 5 babies. They only have one natural enemy and thats the Hingurgoth ( meaning sand Gurgoth). Believe it or not the Turgbui is a the closest relative to the Huckbucks and the Huckbucks likes to capture them and use them as pets. They use to be called "A Huckbucks best friend".

Thats all for now! Now i will take a rest from creature creating and work on the evolution of the Huckbuck! First stage will probably be ready today or tomorrow.
@davidramnero

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 07:01:13 am »
the evolution of the Huckbuck! First stage will probably be ready today or tomorrow.

yay! and btw: the huckbuck rocks da house!  ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 07:02:49 am »
the evolution of the Huckbuck! First stage will probably be ready today or tomorrow.

the huckbuck rocks da house!  ;)

Thank you! that comment is going to my signature. ;)
@davidramnero