Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Wild World  (Read 88954 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Animal Crossing: Wild World
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 08:21:56 pm »
Hmmm...

As much as I love Animal Crossing I think I will wait a while before I get this... I really (And I mean REALLY) burnt out on Animal Crossing.

I really with I could play it but it isnt fun anymore...

:'(

Ah well. It seems to be getting good reviews! I am happy for that!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2005, 04:43:57 am »
There is a coffe shop in the basement of the Museum and an Observatory in the upper level. (yes, there's an upper level) And.. a UFO just flew by, it is a little different than the other game.  ;)

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2005, 07:07:34 am »
For those who do not like to read much:

I Want This Game.
I want to rent it before I buy it.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2005, 02:18:19 pm »
That usually is a good idea. I think I'm going to try to start to get WiFi working, since I have a wireless adapter. It would be so cool to play with anyone here!
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2005, 02:21:30 pm »
Well Kishmond it looks like you and I are the only ones who have the game so far. Get your WiFi hooked up and get your friend code and post it.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005, 02:45:25 pm »
Ok, but I would need your character's name and town name too.

Later Edit: WiFi mode is a lot more fun/cool than I thought it would be, and I hardly did anything besides talk.
Edit2: Maybe it was because I was talking to someone I sort of knew, but not enough to get bored of them...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 07:44:13 pm by Kishmond »
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2005, 06:49:40 pm »
My wifi connector isn't working I'm going to call Nintendo tommorow probably and in anycase I'm planning on geting a wifi network set up for my own home so I probably wont need the connector anymore anyway. When I do get my DS back online I'll get the friend code thing going you can all come round to my town and have some Pears from the trees. I'll even trade you get some other fruit going in my place. Also does anyone know what the demsions for getting the perfect looking snowman are I got one about my height who didn't like his proportions (i thought they looked good) today I built with a bigger body but the head is ruffly the same size as the one made before maybe a lil bigger in anycase that snowman hated its shape.

Also it's strange I'm in the southern hemisphere so you would think I'd be in the middle of summer here but they keep weather on northern hemisphere type.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Animal Crossing Wild World: Friend Codes
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2005, 06:59:31 am »
I've been away but I just got everyone added in.

For the record I have Cherries as a native fruit, a coconut tree and an apple tree but it hasn't had any babies yet.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2005, 07:06:55 pm »
Anyone wanna open up their town gate?

I want to try this visiting thing.

:D

If you can send me a PM or contact me on AIM.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2005, 07:50:23 pm »
My gate is open if anyone wants to visit my town. I'm not actually playing so I probably won't respond to you but feel free to walk around.

edit: I'm going to leave the gate open all night. The DS is plugged in.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:18:36 pm by LadyM »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2005, 10:19:37 pm »
I just left your town LadyM.

I grabbed some of the fruit off the trees and left you some cherries by your house.

I also pulled the weeds.  :-\

Thanks for letting me stop by!  :D

Offline meh

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Beep. Beep. Beep. Donk.
    • View Profile
    • My Hobbies Online
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2005, 01:55:24 am »
You have a nice town LadyM.
I picked up a Pear off the ground and left a coconut by your hose.
The room of no escape! Enter!
Bring back GooGrid!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2005, 04:34:58 am »
Alright, I just got a hold of the game as well. Unfortunately, I can't do the WiFi thing just yet. I'm saving what little cash on hand that I have for the Megaman X Collection.

I just have a couple brief questions about this USB WiFi Adapter that Nintendo released.
First of all, I plug it into my computer (which is Windows XP, I read somewhere that it's the only OS it works with), and... then what? Does it become like a hotspot where everyone in town can join in? Or is it just me sitting here using the thing sort of as a network connection?

Second, I don't know how close you all are to one another. Does this thing hook me up to some sort of worldwide deal?

I looked around at other forums, and while these questions were answered, they were answered vaguely and badly.
I mean, the answer to "Does it connect me to Nintendo's worldwide network or is it a smaller more local area?" is not "Yes."
Pff.
Thanks in advance.

Hopefully, everyone's not all done and bored with it by mid January. That's when I ought to get the adapter.
Might be sooner if I come into some late Christmas gift moneys.  ;D
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2005, 09:52:59 am »
Gauphastus: As far as I know, the USB Wifi adapter will make the internet for your computer wireless for the DS only. So if you are logged on the internet, you should be able to get online with your DS. I think its as easy as plugging it in the computer and then having the DS search for it to set it up.  After that, it doesn't matter how close you are. I am on the east coast of the US. I have raced MK as far away as Australia and Japan. It hooks you up to the Nintendo hub. You can only visit towns in Animal Crossing with the friend codes that you put in your game and they have to have you in theirs. Here is a good website with some info about it. http://ds.ign.com/articles/665/665128p1.html

I hope this has answered your questions, if you have more.. post them. I think people will still be playing by Jan.

Patman33 and meh: Cool that you visited my town. Thanks for the gifts. I'm leavng the gate open all of today if anyone else wants to visit. It took three tries to get it open last night so I dont want to shut it yet. My character is inside the house if you want to see her. If you visit, take all the peaches you want and bring me some of your fruit. Just please don't dig up any of my new tree plantings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:38:48 pm by LadyM »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2005, 05:50:27 pm »
Cries because my wifi connctor still doesn't work I need to set up a wifi network in my house.

Gauphastus when my connoctor did work it was simple when you get it from nintendo you install the drivers following the instructions provided when finished you register your DS with your connector and when your are connected to the net you you just log on to the wifi network through your game different games do this in different ways for example if you have Mario Kart DS you select connect to Nintendo WFC from the main menu the DS will search for an access point which in your case would be the Nintendo connector when it finds it and logs you on you can search for people to race agaisn't in 4 various ways. "Friends" this is the list of friends you have you enter friends  by entering there number in tot he add friends part of the WFC menu. rivals which looks for racers of similar skill regional which searches for races from the same country (or continant) as you and worldwide which searches for people anyone in the world. Animal crossing a is a bit different in that you can only connect to people in your animal crossing friends list.