Author Topic: Star fox Ds  (Read 3003 times)

Offline White Owl

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Birhak my creation
    • View Profile
Star fox Ds
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:04:21 pm »
This game is really cool I recommend it. Comments and questions are welcome here and it is WI-fi capable so that means we can battle eachother.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Star fox Ds
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:21:08 pm »
How about a quick review?
Some good points.
Some bad points.
Ultimately, is it worth the money...

Offline White Owl

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Birhak my creation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 09:29:38 pm »
OK here goes

Its primary flight control is the stylus it takes some time to getting used to but any button shoots the gun. So if your left handed or right handed it doesn't matter. The game isn't like the n64 but its really close to it. There are two battle stages. On the First stage you have a 2-d map and you plot courses for your ships to fly. There are enemies that fly around also and when you run into them it takes you to the second stage of battle. The second stage is actually battling the enemy's in a 3-D arena. You have a time limit to defeat the enemy's and you can refill the time limit by defeating enemy's ,blocking bullits with your spin power or get time refill items.
You kind of get to chose the story line. It gives you decisions but you have to unlock them. so far i haven't had luck in unlocking a single one.

The WI-Fi is the cool thing about it. You can play in an arena in battle royal or free play. so far Ive done battle royal and its loads of fun
I enjoy the multiplayer experience this game gives. But i must be careful not to over hype it. Ultimately if you loved battling eachother on the n64 you will love this game.

Bad points  I DON'T like the voices the characters have. This is a real down fall for the game the characters speak gibberish so if you cant read this isn't a game for you. The reading isn't hard but its annoying to hear the gibberish the characters have to say to you.

Ill write more later when i have played the game more

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »
The characters almost always have spoken in Lylat speak i think you could toggle between english and Lylat in the 64 version it's always been a part of the game.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:30:01 am »
i also heard that it doesn't feel the same as the old ones...it is a good game but it is no starfox feeling...or something like that

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:08:00 am »
Its primary flight control is the stylus it takes some time to getting used to but any button shoots the gun. So if your left handed or right handed it doesn't matter. The game isn't like the n64 but its really close to it. There are two battle stages. On the First stage you have a 2-d map and you plot courses for your ships to fly. There are enemies that fly around also and when you run into them it takes you to the second stage of battle. The second stage is actually battling the enemy's in a 3-D arena.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you just described what would happen if Star Fox and Final Fantasy mated. I'm picturing a map screen. You're flying along, all's well. Then bad guys show up out of nowhere and you're whisked to a different setup in which you fight.

You have a time limit to defeat the enemy's and you can refill the time limit by defeating enemy's ,blocking bullits with your spin power or get time refill items.

That's an exception to the Star Fox / Final Fantasy mating thing.

The WI-Fi is the cool thing about it. You can play in an arena in battle royal or free play. so far Ive done battle royal and its loads of fun. I enjoy the multiplayer experience this game gives. But i must be careful not to over hype it. Ultimately if you loved battling eachother on the n64 you will love this game.

Nice. Glad to hear this.

Offline White Owl

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Birhak my creation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 04:43:12 pm »
its sort of like final fantasy but more tactical. The game puts you on a small map and gives your ship a travel limit you choose the path for the ship to go and you can collect items and battle enemy's.

Ill try to get a pic

Offline White Owl

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Birhak my creation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 07:40:52 pm »
There are a ton of pic i just don't know how to post them.

but if anyone wants to battle my friend code is 735-185-388-605