Author Topic: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!  (Read 21593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:51:15 am »
PERMANENT CHARACTER STATUS:
Female
20yrs old

INVENTORY
Dungeon Keys
Cane - good for stealing keys and for basic blunt weaponry
Sparkle dust - spawns distracting color ghosts upon release in air.
Minitroll Liver- FOOD

PARTY
Gran Juan Garcian--a mustachioed prisoner.

TEMPORARY STATUS
Scab on chin
Bump on head
___________________________________________________

Rules:
I'll pose a question.  The next poster must decide what to do.  In order for the action to be done, two more people must also agree on it.
ME: You're fighting a lion.
PLAYER1:  I slash it with my sword.
PLAYER2: agreed.
PLAYER3: agreed.
ME:  You slash the lion with your sword.  It hits the leg and the lion moans loudly, then colapses.

If a player doesn't agree, they must post what they want to do instead.  You should make your disagreement clear by starting it with "NO" in caps.  Now a player must quote the action they agree upon
ME: You're fighting a lion.
PLAYER1:  I slash it with my sword.
PLAYER2: NO, I pet it.
PLAYER3: <Instead, I pet it> agreed.
PLAYER4: <Instead, I pet it> agreed.
ME:  You reach over to pet it, then it bites your hand off.  That's the second time this afternoon!

Lastly, if you agree upon an action but want to change it a little bit, say "Yes, but" in the same way you would agree.  Now your action only needs one agreement.
ME: You're fighting a lion.
PLAYER1: I slash it with my sword.
PLAYER2: Yes, but I do it while shouting "Hya!"
PLAYER3: <Yes, but I do it while shouting "Hya!"> Agreed.
ME:  Somehow the shouting makes all the difference.  You slash the lion and it turns into a stallion.

If players request it, I'll go into more detail about anything in the game.

IMPORTANT: Please delete your "agreement" posts after I acknowlege them.  They take up space.


You're locked in a dungeon with a boulder that you're supposed to sleep on, a cardboard chamber pot, and a three-legged stool with one leg missing.  You have no memories of your life up to this point.  A big bump on your head provides a clue.
You feel an incredible urge to relieve your bladder.  What do you do, and more importantly, in what position?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:10:06 pm by VFX Watch »


I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:00:29 pm »
Crouching Tiger
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
 :D
I meant along the lines of Sit/Stand.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:03:12 pm »
Think yourself lucky I didnt say Lotus. That would be messy.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »
Okay sitting.  Let's wait for somebody to agree.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline gutwrencher89

  • Star Castle Cadet
  • ****
  • Posts: 537
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:14:27 pm »
agree

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 12:18:17 pm »
(You're a girl)
You do your business and realize that you need to get out of here soon.  Not only to you have a wild spirit of adventure that must be freed, the chamber pot could break open at any time.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline 762

  • Goddess of Phobos
  • *****
  • Posts: 5073
    • View Profile

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
Just then, a man from the cell next to you greets you.
"Sorry to interupt your worrying, but you sound the same age like my older-than-me Aunt.  I remember when she was first born.  T'was the year MCDLXVI.  What year is it now?"
How do you reply?
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:47 pm »
I'm sorry, I dont speak Latin
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:33 pm »
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 02:13:58 pm »
Oh Stercus, what the hell. Its MCDLXXXVI
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Detoxicated

  • Pack M.U.L.E.
  • *****
  • Posts: 2296
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:05 pm »
Oh Stercus, what the hell. Its MCDLXXXVI
NO
I reply: Shut up numbnuts, no one cares for the year.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline gutwrencher89

  • Star Castle Cadet
  • ****
  • Posts: 537
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 02:45:28 pm »
agree

Offline Aybraus

  • Mr. Do! Disciple
  • *****
  • Posts: 2177
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-a-Quest-Venture!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 03:21:22 pm »
Agree to what?
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!