Author Topic: Episode 58  (Read 23849 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 58
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 04:18:22 am »
Wait... since when was Steve being harsh? He didnt sound mean at all. From the way I heard it he was just politely saying that advertising was bad.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:08 am »
yeah, why must Steve get criticism for everything slightly wrong with his podcast? You cant ever have a perfect podcast. Why even bother about Steve's attitude towards the ads, that's up to Him.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2006, 08:06:29 am »
Yeah, its not like youre paying for this... Steve is funding this out of his own pocket (and one google adsense dealy). Just be grateful for what you get.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2006, 11:12:01 am »
I'm extremely grateful for all the work Steve puts into his podcast, but I don't think I ought to be a sycophant about it.
People are perfectly entitled to say what they think of the shows, and if, on occasion, we have some comments about something which we didn't particulalrly like, then why shouldn't we discuss that small matter in a calm and rational manner?

I think Steve's big enough to handle the odd bit of criticism.

Offline mcdeath_73

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:30 pm »
Guys I merely raised this issue as I was surprised by Steve’s tone (annoyed) when commenting on the advertising element of the caller’s question.  I didn’t believe either of those callers deserved to be singled out (my view only no flame indented)

I do believe Steve needs to outright state his position on advertising on his show whether it be someone plugging there own show or suggesting a series of novels to read.

This will avoid any embarrassment or confusion in the future.

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 04:00:11 am »
I believe that you are overreacting mcdeath.  I don't believe Steve was being harsh at all.  In fact he did play the messages, he could have just tossed them out and not played them at all.  But, I think he played them probably to single them out.  That way he could let people know not to do that.  And, yes I believe that both needed to be singled out because it was name dropping and honestly that is just tacky.

Other than that, I hope to see you on other parts of the board also mcdeath.

Offline mcdeath_73

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:14 am »
So I'm guessing after all this time Steve is not going to answer the advertising question........