Author Topic: Episode 58  (Read 23870 times)

Offline UNSCleric

• Breakout Battler
  • Finish The Fight - 2007
    • View Profile
    • UNSCleric.com - Xbox 360 News Supplement
Re: Episode 58
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 06:37:25 am »
It was great to have you confirm Sony was the reason E3 was killed Steve.  The exact second I saw the news, I knew it was Sony and most likely EA along with them that did it.  It's now been confirmed by even the Sony-biased media that it was them, and it makes me actually sick to even think about it.  Sony's overbearing greed first killed the Dreamcast, and now E3.  Hopefully their greed kills the PS3 too.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:39:24 am by UNSCleric »

Offline mcdeath_73

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Steve's comments in Ep 58 re: advertising
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 09:07:48 am »
Steve I’ve been a great fan of your show since day one and have found your views on the gaming industry refreshing.  After all this time it has taken a comment by you on your last show to encourage me to post in you’re forums, although I wish it was for something more positive.

On you’re last show (Ep.58) you commented twice in the show mail segment in regards to advertising…and to be honest with you I rewound and played it back again because I couldn’t believe what you said.

First time was in regards to a gentleman dropping the name of his Pod cast during his question.  The other was whilst mentioning a series of novels and in both cases your comments seemed out of place and honestly offensive to the callers.

Steve this is your show, it’s your baby you can do what you like with it but I would ask you remember who your listening audience is. 

The Pod Cast community encourage the shameless self promotion of each others shows, its one of the reasons the Pod casting medium has grown so quickly and being a prominent figure in the industry of Pod casting I thought you would have had a more relaxed stance on the subject.

Anyway my two cents……

FYI I discovered the Gaming Steve Pod cast through another Pod cast, it was mentioned during a caller segment.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Steve's comments in Ep 58 re: advertising
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 11:34:39 am »
I agree with you, sir.

There is nothing wrong with a little advertising here and there. Hey, if they can make it enjoyable that would be great!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 11:49:36 am »
I agree. I was also a bit shocked when I heard that part too.

I'm sure that the callers are not deliberatly advertising, and it is sort of offensive to call them on that.

While it is his show, Steve (like you said) should not forget who his audience is.

Offline mcdeath_73

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 09:52:04 pm »
I see my post has been moved, I hope Steve still gets to see it as I would like to hear his view on this matter.
It would provide a better understanding of what he constitutes as advertising on his show and maybe allow callers to avoid any embarrassment.

PS thanks for your comments guys, good to see I wasn’t the only one feeling this way.  :)

Offline mrtboy

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 58 - Sangokushi-taisen on DS
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 11:28:44 pm »
hi all,

Gaming Steve mentioned this game Sangokushi Taisen for the DS,

here's the site:
http://www.sangokushi-taisen.com/ds/

I seen the arcade machines version of it, they are very popular in my area. You actually have to put the cards (the cards are beautifully illustrated with the pictures of the generals on it) on the screen and move the cards around to move your troops. Each card has a different special attack.

It's great to see that they are bringing it to the DS! Hope it will play as well as it is now. 

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 04:04:14 pm »
I agree. I was also a bit shocked when I heard that part too.

I'm sure that the callers are not deliberatly advertising, and it is sort of offensive to call them on that.

While it is his show, Steve (like you said) should not forget who his audience is.

The frist one was adertising. He wanted to plug his podcast more then ask a real question

If Steve wanted Ads in the Podcast, then they should pay him. No free rides

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 04:39:31 pm »
The frist one was adertising. He wanted to plug his podcast more then ask a real question

The first one was a bit borderline, but the second one on the books most certainly wasn't advertising. I can see how he may get irritated from people trying to plug their podcast into the show, but reccomending a couple of books isn't advertising.

It's his podcast though, so what content he chooses to put onto the show is up to him.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 07:49:38 pm »
You know if he really didn't want plugs in his pocast, do you think they would have gotten in his podcast in the first place?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 08:02:06 pm »

The first one was a bit borderline, but the second one on the books most certainly wasn't advertising. I can see how he may get irritated from people trying to plug their podcast into the show, but reccomending a couple of books isn't advertising.

It's his podcast though, so what content he chooses to put onto the show is up to him.

I didn't say the 2nd one was, lol

The 2nd one was just someone suggesting a book

Exam

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 02:15:33 am »
Microsoft advertising only please.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 05:02:05 pm »

I didn't say the 2nd one was, lol

The 2nd one was just someone suggesting a book

I know.

I was just clarifying. ;)

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 05:24:33 am »
Yeah, I was surprised as well, it didn't seem like Steve at all, or at least a side of him we don't often see. Maybe his current workload made him a little snippy, but I felt sorry for the people he ragged on.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 04:49:48 pm »
Yeah, I was surprised as well, it didn't seem like Steve at all, or at least a side of him we don't often see. Maybe his current workload made him a little snippy, but I felt sorry for the people he ragged on.

For the last time. The 1st one disserved it.

You people are too nice and PC all the time  >:(

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 11:58:25 pm »
If the worst criticism I recieve is being accused of being too nice, then I'll be a happy man.