Poll

How do you want your content distributed?

Creatures anywhere and everywhere
I want my civ. downloaded by others as a whole
I want everything: planet, civ, and creature ditributed together

Author Topic: Your prefered content distribution method...  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Your prefered content distribution method...
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:19:37 am »
Everyone knows by now (well apparently some still don't) that this is a MSOG (Massive Singleplayer "Online" Game). In that we all have content downloaded to our galaxy individually and independently of other players games. However I was thinking recently about all the work and "backstory" I will have put into my civilization and creature by the time they reach the Space game. When I thought about this I got to worrying that parts and pieces of my Civ would be broken up throughout someone else's game. In other words, I am hoping that all the work I put into making the creatures, their culture, and all the buildings/vehicles/cities I put effort into by making it all look similar and fit together would be downloaded as a whole.

Now I realize some creatures will be downloaded separately as well as architecture and some vehicles, but if my creature is on a planet in some other persons world, I want them to experience it just as I have layed it out on my game. I want them to have the same planet and cities I made for them. I don't want my creatures paired up with someone else's buildings or cities etc.

So my question...how do you hope content is distributed? Do you want your entire planet uploaded as a whole(like I do) or do you not really care where your content is placed in someone else's game?  ;D  Oh and if you can, post why you want it one way or another...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 11:50:53 am by Areku »

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
Re: Your prefered content distribution method...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 11:21:49 am »
I want everything ^^ I hope we will get it ^^
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 11:59:34 am »
i think we will end up with diferent things at different stages, this is how i think it will work out

microbe phase: other peoples microbes
creature phase: other peoples creatures
tribal phase: other peoples huts and tools
city phase and civ phase: other peoples buildings and citys
space phase: other peoples planets civs and solar systems ect.

Offline Falconer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • Hooked on Spore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 12:55:03 pm »
So ehm... Basically, other people's stuff at all times? :)
Ever wanted to buy a planet? Join Hooked on Spore

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 01:44:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure that you're entire home planet can pop up in someone's game, with creatures, buildings, vehicles, plants, the lot. I don't think more than one planet will be "sucked" from your game though. IMHO the other things you make will be distributed as seperate items.
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:57:46 pm »
i personally find it quite odd, when on your planet are creatures with the most different design...
just look at the planet from E3...
there was a screeble (6 limbs...evolved form 8 limbs)
the porcupig (6 limbs)
zebreer, pinkyphants and the battle newt: 4 limbs
the egg-raptors: 2 limbs

i mean....they dont have much in common...

i would like to see or at least to feel that all these creatures are creatures ffrom YOUR planet...and not just any random creatures...so that all of them look like they could have the common ancestor...
also i would like to see that i can make my very own planet from the beginning where i design every creature...but i dont think i will be able to do so
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 02:01:09 pm »
I'm pretty sure that you're entire home planet can pop up in someone's game, with creatures, buildings, vehicles, plants, the lot. I don't think more than one planet will be "sucked" from your game though. IMHO the other things you make will be distributed as seperate items.
This is what I am hoping for, the homeplanet be uploaded as a whole and the rest of the things you make after getting the gene editors(extra creatures etc.) will be distributed randomly. I just want my main species uploaded with my planet, vehicles etc.  ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 02:12:12 pm »
Althought it would be nice to have them as a set i don't see why they have to be. Or atleast have to be for chooing stuff. I mean there will eb a million altered versions of evertyhing.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 08:10:11 pm »
I don't think more than one planet will be "sucked" from your game though.
Why not.  I would think after you spend a bunch of time building a planet it would be a big disapointment if it didn't get "sucked" up :-\
Book, book, book

Offline Iryn

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 08:50:08 pm »
i personally find it quite odd, when on your planet are creatures with the most different design...
the porcupig (6 limbs)

i would like to see or at least to feel that all these creatures are creatures ffrom YOUR planet...and not just any random creatures...so that all of them look like they could have the common ancestor...
also i would like to see that i can make my very own planet from the beginning where i design every creature...but i dont think i will be able to do so

You know, centipedes, Cheetahs, and Platypus dont seem to have that much in common with Humans.....
"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without war, a world without hate.
Then I can imagine us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:09 am »
the porcupig (6 limbs)

You know, centipedes, Cheetahs, and Platypus dont seem to have that much in common with Humans.....
cheetahs, platypus and humans do all have four limbs...two eyes, two ears, ...
ok the thing with the centipede is, that you dont have creatures without a spine in the game :P
and the most of the animals with a spine on mother earth look all quite similar...i dont mean the shape...i mean the amount of some body parts like limbs
now you'll think of fishes and snakes, dont you? but even them do have much in common with the rest of the vertebrates: they do have two ears, a mouth, ... i think you know what i meaná :)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 07:17:18 am »
I think each design, creature, civ, etc. are all uploaded and downloaded together, but each one is only used when needed. I.E. They need an enemy civilization in the Civ stage but not your creature, so they use your Civ (And maybe designs) but not your creatures, but if they need one to be on an inhabited world, they use your creature, species, world, and designs as a whole. However, this is not always the case, as there may be some without your design, creatures, civ, or world, or a combo of these, but they still use parts from you.

So in other words, EVERYTHING is collected as one, but might not be used as a whole.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline gamespore15

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 07:28:44 am »
 i mentioned the idea of using other peoples content on another board
the thought of using other peoples content in my towns is very appealing to me  ( i base this on the enjoyment i got from building houses in the design of a rival village on   BnW2)

i will frequently use all of the content available to me to make my towns look good, however i would like to construct my own vehicles
but any other types of content im happy to use

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 12:15:05 pm »
I think your entire planet will be shared as a whole. But when someone goes to 'user built buildings' when they want to build a new building, your building will pop up there too. Or maybe when a building of a certain user is chosen, that user's planet will not be used in your galaxy, so that you either get someone's separated items, or their planet as a whole.