Author Topic: Evening, chaps  (Read 5998 times)

Offline Spartan_King

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Evening, chaps
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 06:07:05 am »
As to some specific questions (to the best of my knowledge):  I don't think symetrical hands/feet/whatever cost any more than a single copy.  I didn't see any specific water based traits (Gills, fins, etc), but you all probably know more about it than I do.  You can have as many heads as you can afford.

Awesome. When I get the creature editor in space stage I will make a blob with legs, 20 eyes, and 20 heads. Of course this would never be my main creature as this is just for laughs.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 06:12:06 am »
1) This isnt something that you could probably answer, given that you only got to play with the editor, but did you notice if any of the feet seemed to be able to pick things up? Or better yet, if you make a creature with no feet, but two hands, will the creature walk on its hands?

2) Is it possible to lay the preconstructed pieces (the hands, feet, mouths and so forth) on top of one another, or are they restricted to be attached to the body and limbs?

Offline Tossrock

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 06:17:22 am »
Hmm.  I am beginning to think better of this idea; if you're still interested, feel free to email me, but this might not be the kind of thing for a public forum.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 06:36:47 am »
lmao what a joker, ok ok u got me for a second there. He says "Hey iv been testing Spore and ill answer your questions" then in a later post he says "iv changed my mind and ill answer ur questions if u email them to me", to which i doubt he'll reply. He sounds pretty BS to me.

To Spartan king:
In the latest movies it showd us that spore treats the piece that the mouth is attached to as the head, so i would imagine to get more than 1 head u just make xtra limbs and attach mouths to them

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 06:51:44 am »
I don't think anyone from EA is going to be able to post here and answer questions about Spore. If anyone is for real, they will probably verify it through Steve like Will Wright did. Best to just let this topic die out.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 12:56:39 pm »
I'll take a punt hehe

1.  Can you attach a limb on another limb?

2.  Can you make the spine longer from the centre?  E.g. If I had a creature with a head, body and tail, on the next generation, can I give it a long neck without having to move and reshape the head?
i think im qualified enough to answer these questions ^^

1. yes
2. no... :-\

Quote from: Uroboros
1) This isnt something that you could probably answer, given that you only got to play with the editor, but did you notice if any of the feet seemed to be able to pick things up? Or better yet, if you make a creature with no feet, but two hands, will the creature walk on its hands?

2) Is it possible to lay the preconstructed pieces (the hands, feet, mouths and so forth) on top of one another, or are they restricted to be attached to the body and limbs?
1) if a creature has no feet....then the creature will just hover around...or at least how far i saw it
2) you can attach pieces to other pieces like mouths or feet or.....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 01:48:47 pm by Flisch »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »

1.  Can you attach a limb on another limb?

1. yes

Yay! I wondered about that when I took a look at the GDC '05 video a while ago, remember Buttface? He was cool.
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 03:27:24 pm »
2.  Can you make the spine longer from the centre?  E.g. If I had a creature with a head, body and tail, on the next generation, can I give it a long neck without having to move and reshape the head?
Does anyone else see this as a potentially major flaw?
Book, book, book

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 03:42:20 pm »
2.  Can you make the spine longer from the centre?  E.g. If I had a creature with a head, body and tail, on the next generation, can I give it a long neck without having to move and reshape the head?
Does anyone else see this as a potentially major flaw?
No. A minor annoyance, yes, but not a major flaw.

Offline Chaosenigma

• Mystery House Madman
  • Happi faic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 03:44:24 pm »
Remaking the head wouldnt be too hard
Sitting quietly waiting for spore's release....... for 2 years and counting T_T.

Offline Slith

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 03:45:40 pm »
Can you make snake-like creatures?

Note the lack of large visable feet on the snake. I'm wondering if this style of locomotion is actually possible.

If you believe certain words, you believe their hidden arguments. When you believe something is right or wrong, true of false, you believe the assumptions in the words which express the arguments. Such assumptions are often full of holes, but remain most precious to the convinced.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 03:46:28 pm »
It's been hinted at (Will said he played as a slug creature) but never confirmed, as far as I know.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 03:49:00 pm »
Remaking the head wouldnt be too hard
What if it's not just the head?  That was just an example.  What if you have to relocate half the things on your creature and reshape and resize the spine?  Like BM said, very annoying and like I said, a potential flaw  :-\
Book, book, book

Offline Iryn

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 04:15:17 pm »
It would hardly be an easy thing to fix. It has to add in a link, and recalculate the position of evertything else, chances are you would have to recreate everyhting anyways.
"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without war, a world without hate.
Then I can imagine us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey

Offline dvalladt

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 04:57:18 pm »
Yeah, a way to add another bone to the spine at the desired location... Doesn't seem hard but what do I know.