Author Topic: Madden 07  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Madden 07
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:31:53 am »
So who's going to their local EB at midnight tonight to pick up their copy. I said I wasn't last year, but I did. No idea what I'll do tonight. If I'm up, I guess I'll go. If not, tomorrow is fine.

Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Madden 07
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:37 pm »
I'm not, even though my boy Alexander is on the cover, I'm not that in to football games.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:30:41 pm »
I'm not, even though my boy Alexander is on the cover, I'm not that in to football games.

Go Seahawks!

;)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:13:28 pm »
I'll probably stay with 06 until they shutdown the servers.

I've heard there are complaints about it already though.

Quote from: Opposablethumbs.com
The bug reports are already coming in about Madden 2007 on the 360. It seems the first issue was Hall of Fame players showing up in franchise mode, but EA reported that as working correctly. You can in fact draft those players from the jump after you've unlocked them.

The other issue was that players weren't fatiguing. That ended up being an actual problem, and EA's response doesn't give us a lot of confidence.

From 1up.com:
"That's actually not the case. The UI isn't registering it... You fatigue at a lower pace than in the past, but it isn't reflected in the UI. [It's] Something we're addressing and fixing right now."

So fatigue is happening, you just can't see it. And according to this report the fix won't happen before you get the game; we can expect a patch "soon" after we buy it. When? All we know is "very soon, around the release date." So maybe a few hours, maybe a few days, but rest assured you will be buying a broken product. I can't imagine playing a football game without being able to accurately gauge fatigue; players who live and die by their stats are going to be upset when players start acting tired even though they look fresh.

This is not a small issue, and it seems like it would be hard to miss the fact that fatigue isn't showing up in the UI. It took them this long to find it, and they don't know if the fix will be available the first day of release? Nicely done, EA.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 09:10:06 pm »
I'm going to rent it from gamefly. I like football games, but I can't play them long enough to validate a purchase

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:19:32 am »
I have 07 and played one game. For the most part it's a very solid football game and looks awesome in HD. There are some minor niggles here and there, but for the most part it's quite fun. More to come later, but now...sleep.

Get

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:30:42 pm »
This looks great. I may have to pick it up.

I've been stuck playing my used copy of Madden 2004 for three years.

I think it's time for an upgrade. Madden 07, even the PS2 version, looks significantly better than 04.

I may just hold out and get the 360 version though, when I get a 360.

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 11:53:31 pm »
Briefly, the 360 version plays nicely, but the default camera really blows. It's just far too low. It may be more realistic, but real life quarterbacks don't have to look through a 2D monitor. Online is a total hoot! Let me know if anyone else picks this up and we'll play a game.

Get

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 06:20:41 am »
Madden 07 made the front page of the Sports section of our paper today.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 11:55:36 am »
I played the PS2 version and it's all the best parts of all the maddens and some cool old NCAA features

However, I think the 360 version is different, and doesn't have all the cool features.

Why can't the make it the same exact game, just with better graphics?

Briefly, the 360 version plays nicely, but the default camera really blows. It's just far too low. It may be more realistic, but real life quarterbacks don't have to look through a 2D monitor. Online is a total hoot! Let me know if anyone else picks this up and we'll play a game.

Can you change it back to the old veiw?

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 03:25:41 pm »
I played the PS2 version and it's all the best parts of all the maddens and some cool old NCAA features

However, I think the 360 version is different, and doesn't have all the cool features.

Why can't the make it the same exact game, just with better graphics?

Can you change it back to the old veiw?

As far as I can tell, no you can't switch the viewing angle in Superstar mode. It's a terrible angle. Now I know how Doug Flutie must have felt! It's very hard to see your receivers over those linemen.

Get

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 12:39:37 pm »
The more I play Madden 07, the more it stinks. No player editor on the 360, no commentary on the 360, can't access majority of stats on the 360, etc. The system with 10 times the horsepower has ten times the bugs and 1/10th the gameplay. If you haven't picked it up yet, don't!

Get

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 02:12:06 pm »
I think that we're reaching the point where there really is nothing to add to Madden. I mean, all of the most advanced components of Football are now in the game. What else can they add without making the game worse?

I think that they should just ride Madden 07 for a few years, and distribute roster updates online every year for a small fee. Though I know this wouldn't make them more money, it makes more sense from a gameplay standpoint.