Author Topic: Not enough hype?  (Read 4118 times)

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
Not enough hype?
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:20:22 am »
Is it just me, or does it seem like no one is talking about the Wii? Well, obviously, you're going to say, 'just look at the boards, everyone's talking about the wii'. Well, yes, everyone here. Whenever I'm with my friends who aren't a part of some gaming site or another, it's always between the Xbox360 and the PS3. They never mention the Wii, and if I ever bring it up, they just shrug it off by saying how horrid it's going to be. I think otherwise! Honestly, I think that Nintendo didn't do such a great job of advertising the Wii. Anyone agree?

Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: Not enough hype?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:56:24 am »
Your friends are right. The XBox360 and PS3 are going to have better graphics than the Wii, making them better consoles. End of discussion.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:59:34 am »
your friends are just noobs lol how can they even say that the wii hasn't even come out yet

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

c14dude

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:45:21 am »
i keep hearing about the Wii, i would say theres plenty of hype.

i think nintendo is gonna make a huge come back with it

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:45:52 am »
I have a feeling that the Wii talk will pick up again this week, since Leipzig is very close. The announcement of the release date and price should put it back into the spotlight for a week or two, which might spark discussion on the other boards.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:54:03 am »
well i hope it will be 10 times more successful as the DS

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:15:44 am »
well i hope it will be 10 times more successful as the DS
Agreed. And I hope that it does pick up... I'd like for Nintendo to be successful...

and man with crude word in his name... >.> I'd say that graphics don't make a game. my favorite console is the NES. it doesn't have better graphics than the PS2 or gamecube or 360, whatever. the wii is a better idea. it should have better games, too.
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:20 am »
Your friends are right. The XBox360 and PS3 are going to have better graphics than the Wii, making them better consoles. End of discussion.

Nice.

The Wii could be the "Snakes on a Plane" of the Console Market. It is just so different and so... refreshing that everyone will have to try it out. It's success is not guaranteed.

Haha, like how I did that?

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 10:35:34 am »
I agree with the person who said the WII is really the only true next gen console. The 360 and PS3 are basically graphics and hardware upgrades. And I love my 360! I have no desire for a PS3, but I'll be first in line for a WII. I sure wish it had HD, but I can't wait to see how the games will play. Now if only the symphony game at E3 was really coming out. I would buy the system just for that!
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 11:20:42 am »
hmmm shall i post it or not.....heh why not
http://spikedhumor.com/articles/47448/Wii_vs_PS3.html

haha this movie is so evil

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 11:50:57 am »
I'd like to point out something: The odds of 'casuals' knowing about the Wii are quite low. Why? Because Nintendo hasn't marketed it yet. You're all jumping the gun. They are waiting till it's closer to launch to really blitz ads and media about it to the public. You'll be seeing commercials, kiosks in stores where people will get to use that controller, and various other promotional events in the next two to three months. So don't fret. Nintendo hasn't shown their system off yet, except to enthusiasts, and look at the response it's garnered from us!

Just be patient.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 11:54:47 am »
o no....i just realized....Nintendo wants to take over the world whit the wii!!!! its like what the KGB thaught about tetris...and MAYBE the KGB was RIGHT! RUN!!!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:49 pm »
I'd like to point out something: The odds of 'casuals' knowing about the Wii are quite low. Why? Because Nintendo hasn't marketed it yet. You're all jumping the gun. They are waiting till it's closer to launch to really blitz ads and media about it to the public. You'll be seeing commercials, kiosks in stores where people will get to use that controller, and various other promotional events in the next two to three months. So don't fret. Nintendo hasn't shown their system off yet, except to enthusiasts, and look at the response it's garnered from us!

Just be patient.

Well there has been an article about the Wii in The New York Times and USA Today two of the biggest newspapers here in the States so I'm sure casuals know about it, (or the ones that can read any way). But yeah I'm sure in September up until launch we'll be seeing a lot more advertising on this puppy.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 12:06:28 pm »
Yeah, but nobody reads newspapers anymore. ;)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »
Heh, I still do.