Author Topic: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!  (Read 19596 times)

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 06:02:49 pm »
Joseph Priest was leaving a business partner's home, unaware of the fact that "Ryan Simmons" was reentering town, the man he saw previously selling fake concoctions was starting a barroom brawl, and another man was getting a bounty in the sheriff's office at the same time.  As far as he know, he was in town to relax.  It was a long trip moving his cattle from home to sell in town, and he figured he would stick around a bit before heading out.  Walking his horse down the main drag, a gust of wind blew, knocking his hat off his head onto his back and kicking up some dust in his eyes.  He squinted to prevent the sand from getting in his face, and he noticed that above the sign for the saloon was another sign which simply said "Sleep".  As the dust settled, Priest grinned as he noticed the "and" between the two words.

Walking his horse to the hitching post again and smoothly slipping off the stirrups, he slowly made his was onto the porch and as he pushed one of the batwing doors, a shotglass hurdled through the air and hit the wall directly next to him, causing his body to jolt towards his hips before he realized that it was a glass.

As soon as the glass shattered, a drunken man made a wide hook towards him, but he ducked and drilled his shoulder up into the man's solar plexus, sending him gasping and clutching at his neck as he fell to the wooden floor.

Joseph walked up to the bar again and ordered a whiskey, keeping his guard up in case someone should come at him from behind.  Looking next to him, he noticed the man next to him was the con man who was selling things outside.  Joseph got his whiskey, sipped it slowly, and said,

"Good haul today?"

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 06:21:07 pm »
As I was sipping my Tequila I was laughing to myself. Those gringos don't know how to fight. Really, I mean down in Juarez we could brawl better. I wasn't interessted in fighting today, as I was tired and my throat was dry. The door swinged open and this guy came in. After he got attacked he rammed his shoulder into the attackers solar plexus. The guy flew. Seems like there is some Gringos who fight well.

After a while I got up to walk out. This place was kinda boring. I'd come back tomorrow as I'd sleep in the canyon tonight. The coyotes are better mates then those foolish gringos.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »
The sun was just sinking under the horizon when I got into town. The first thing I needed to do was find a place to sleep. I walked around a bit until I found the Red Valley Saloon. The sign said "sleep" on it so it was probably a good place to start.

I took my eyes off the sign and looked into the building. There was a fight going on. This day kept getting better.

I walked into the Saloon and watched for a bit, then made my way to the bar and toward who I assumed was the manager, a rather charming looking woman with red hair.

A man came at me with a broken glass but I just grabbed his arm and sent him past me into some poor chap hiding under a table. I tiptoed over to the bar, making sure not to get my clothes dirty. After hopping over a few puddles and drunks I reached the bar. I turned to a woman with red hair.

"Excuse me, miss? You wouldn't happen to have a room ava-" I was cut off by a cold feeling running down my back. Someone had just dumped their drink on me.

"Pardon me, ma'am, this will take but a second." I said, smiling. I turned around.

I took off my jacket and looked at the man.

"This yours?" I asked.

He smiled at me.

"What if it is?" He replied.

I grabbed the man by the back of his collar and the seat of his pants and ran him through the bar and out of a window.

I threw my coat up on the rack and check my red satin shirt. It was just fine, that was good, especially for his sake. I walked back to the bar.

"Sorry about that miss, I will gladly pay for the window. But we can talk about that later. Do you have any rooms available?" I said, putting on my best smile.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 10:10:57 pm »
John pulled out three other pictures of the same man out side the sheriffs office. this man was good man if he was not hunting him he might learn how to disapre like that the man showed his face to any one he robed and told his name than fell off the face of planet. There was a small paper trail but it had run in to a brick wall in any direction. there should be a inn around here ahh there it was.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 06:54:40 pm »
"Thank you darlin' for throwin' out the trash.. now wait a minute while I quiet the place down. "

I reached under the bar and pulled out a shotgun and fired one shot into the air. I then pointed the gun in the general direction of the middle of the saloon.

"The next one of ya'll that throws a punch is gonna get a belly full 'o lead"

I gazed over the top of the gun and scanned the room. No one moved, it was like someone paused real life. Then suddenly, they all lost interest in fighting and went back to playing cards and drinking. I put the gun back underneath the bar.

"Now then, you need a room you say? I have one left, up the stairs and three doors to the left. That'll be $10.00 paid up front. If you want one of the girls that'll be extra. I won't charge you for the window though, that was worth it to see someone chuck 'ole Charlie outside."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:31:56 am by LadyM »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 07:28:36 pm »
I was rather shocked to see the red haired woman pull out a gun, but I guess it comes with the territory.

"Much obliged, ma'am. Thanks for not charging me for the window, but I wouldn't feel right leaving you empty handed." I said, reaching into one of my pockets. I pulled out a small wad of cash. I grabbed five tens and slapped them down on the bar.

"Get yourself something nice. My treat!" I said, putting on my signature smile again.

I walked over to the coat rack and grabbed my jacket.

"Good night folks!" I yelled.

I walked upstairs to the room. There was a key hanging on the door jam, I grabbed it and unlocked the door. The room was nice, there was a bed, a dresser, a desk and some curtains for privacy. I opened the bedside drawer, there was a bible in it. I smiled and closed the drawer. My first order of business was to close the curtains. Next I dropped my stuff at the foot of the bed and opened up my pack. I pulled out a large leather bound book with straps to keep it shut. I walked over to the desk and sat down. I had a brilliant system for paying off my sources. I would take one of these books, and place a bill every few pages. Then I would go to them and give them the book, pretending to be an old friend. They would then retrieve the contents of the book and go about their business. The brilliant part was that if anyone got curious and checked the books, they would be empty and there would be nothing to suggest that there was money between the covers. I slipped one hundred tens in various pages of the book, closed it, and locked it with the straps. I put the book in my pack for safe keeping.

Next I walked around the room checking it out. Just in case anyone tried to get me in the night, I would be ready for them. I reached into my pack and grabbed three guns, I put one above the door, one above the window, and one in the desk drawer. I took off my holster with my gun and placed it on the bedside table. I reached into my shirt and pulled out a large hunting knife, I also put that on the bedside table. I removed another gun and another knife from both of my ankles and one more knife I had hidden in my back pocket. I put them all in the drawer, next to the Bible. You can never be too safe. I un-tucked my shirt and laid on the bed, it was very comfortable. I stacked the pillows up behind my head and stared at the ceiling. I decided there to stay at this place for a little while, maybe a week or two. I reached into the drawer and grabbed the Bible. I was always partial to the stories in it. As for God, I was not too sure. I figure I will leave that one up in the air for a while longer.

I opened to Leviticus 20. I let out a chuckle as I started reading.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 02:48:29 am »
Surveyin' the aftermath of the fight I spoke up.
"I say. You boys look like you need some of Dr Krakow's incredible revitalising miracle tonic. Guaranteed to cure injuries, ilnesses and even hangovers instantly!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 03:58:39 am »
John  came into the inn just as a woman had pulled out a shot gun a yelled about fighting in her inn the way she stood man she knew how to use it well off to see if she had a bed for the night. "excuse me miss do you have any beds for the night"
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 06:37:50 am »
"Sorry darlin', just rented out the last room for the night. Might want to check with the Inn down the road. They might have a few spare beds."

Not one to turn down a chance to earn a little money, I offered one more option...

"For $5.00, you can sleep in the kitchen on the mat where Simon usually sleeps. He can bed down in the barn tonight"

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 08:00:42 am »
Syviana thought he needed to help, all he heard was shot after shot after shot so he went into the Inn just to find it ripped up. He asked a barfly,"What's happend 'ere?","OH theres A big fight and guns and...." He went on and on, But he left to talk to the barkeep....
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 09:25:23 am »
Joseph waited for the salesman to answer, but he apparently did not hear him.  When the woman barkeep stopped the fight, he immediately began pitching his sale to the bruised victims of the fight.  Priest was about to ask the woman for a room, but another man at the bar and asked for a room and she said it was the last one.  Something about the man was familiar to Priest, and when he took out a large wad of money and bought the room, Joseph raised an eyebrow in suspicion.  Another man came up to the bar and asked for a room, but the woman told him that there were no more rooms, but she could let him sleep in the kitchen.  Before he had a chance to answer, Joseph cut in and said, "I'll take you up on that offer."  Reaching into his pants, he pulled out a few dollars and coins which luckily was enough to pay for the bed.  Trying to pretend that the other man wasn't there, he said to the woman, "I think that's enough for the bed."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 02:28:30 pm »
After about twenty minutes I got up and walked over to the window. I looked out, there was not much of a drop. Ten feet or so.

I tucked in my shirt, gussied up a bit, and put my gun back on. I moved the curtains and opened the window. Yeah this would be easy. I hopped out and landed on the ground below. I looked up, I stood up on a barrel below the window and climbed back in. This was working out well. I hopped out again and decided to get acquainted with the town. Down the main street was the Red Valley Saloon, a barber shop, a stable, a blacksmith, and a R+L's General Store. I had to make my drop at the General Store tomorrow. There were houses in between these buildings and throughout the rest of the strip.

Behind the Red Valley Saloon's side of the street was open prairie. Back behind the General Store's side of the road was a drop off into of about fifty feet, into a river below. There were some farms in the outlying areas in sight of the town, and the Town Hall and the Sheriff's office were down at the far end of the street. The place was more or less, a giant box.

Most of the stores were closed so I went back into the Saloon. I figured no one would notice me walking in twice. I walked through the doors and past some men playing poker. There was one man staring at me as I walked past the bar, and the Red Haired woman gave me a confused look. I decided to explain myself.

"Don't mind me ma'am, just testing out the window" I said with a smile, "Yup, just testing the window. You have yourself a good night now, you hear?"

I have her a wink, and I shot a smile at the man who was staring at me.

I nimbly went up the stairs and into my room. I locked the door and shut the window, making sure to replace the curtains.

I removed my gun and un-tucked my shirt again and began reading where I had left off.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 03:40:56 pm »
well loked like all the beds where taken for the night  so he walked down the road to the next inn mabey they had a bed or he hould be sleeping under the stars tonight. he enterd the next inn and looked for the owner. he found him at the bar he got a room and head up stairs and locked the door behind him he set the picures out on the florr and looked at them and said :" how do you do it ?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 07:15:12 pm by shadowlord18 »

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 07:51:16 pm »
Feeling uncomfertable I decided to ask Krakow if we might leave a little early.
I headed to the place I was fairly sure I would find him at, the Saloon.

There was a beaten up man that looked to be in pain under the window. Or at least the remains of a window.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I'll get-er all back." He mumbeled. "Every last cent, Me and Ernie at the barbershop. With Him and Alvin, after he tells'm o'course tonight. An' we'll do more. So much more."
"Er. Can I help you?"
He looked up.
"Whadda you want?" he asked.
"Nothing. Nothing at all." I said.

I walked in through the saloon doors.

I couldn't just leave anyone that condition like that.
"Ahem." I called. "Is there a doctor in here. There's a man outside that seems to be in a great deal of p-"
I almost swore I saw Krakow by the bar giving me the cut-it-short signal. Odd.
"ain." I finished.

"Pain?" called one of the more intoxicated sounding patrons in the back "Well lucky for us we got a Mr.Elixer here. Why don't we let-em give us all a good demonstration of his medical skills." He signaled to Krakow as most eyes in the bar turned on him.

"Oh...no..." I though to myself.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 02:43:05 am »
"Now Boi, we've never met before. Correct?!"
I said, nothing else particularly clever having entered my head.
I tried to give him the hand signal to put on a New York accent and to have consumption... hopefully he could manage a few gut-wrenching coughs to keep the drunkards amused...

just give'em a good show and they wont realise theyre being swindled...
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.