Author Topic: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!  (Read 19589 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2007, 06:52:37 am »
It was a rather boring day at the general store. There wasn't anything new to choose from. I went to the bank and made my deposit and was on my way back to the saloon when a poster at the Sheriff's office caught my eye. The face in the poster sure looked familiar. It wasn't an actual photograph but a drawing. I've seen him before but who is it? The name said Ryan Simmons but it wasn't a familiar name to me. Ryan was wanted for bank robbery.

As a walked back to the saloon, an uneasy feeling came over me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2007, 12:30:42 pm »
I watched Susan leave through the front door, she was carrying a purse that looked like it could use a little liberation. I finished my pancakes and headed up the stairs. Stopping in my room for a second, I pulled a small wooden tube out of my pack. I looked into it and blew out some dust. Inside the tube were two mirrors; this thing was great for seeing around corners or under doors. I made a quick stop by Ms. Jones' door and knelt down. After a few adjustments I was looking inside for anything good. There was a bed, a dresser, and a desk; off in the back there seemed to be another room. I adjusted the mirrors again and checked the walls. There were two pictures, a window, a mirror and what appeared to be a jewelry box on top of the dresser.

Before I left I tried the doorknob. It was locked and appeared to be of much heavier construction than the ones on the guest room doors.

Back in my room I made a small list of things I had seen. The two pictures and the mirror could be hiding a safe and the dresser may have some valuables. Also that room in the back could be of interest. The jewelery box was as good as stolen. I tucked the list away into a pocket and headed back downstairs.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2007, 09:06:43 pm »
"Gun!" I shouted "Shot!" I continued "There was! And loud noises and there and...."

Moments later, after regathering my coherency I tried again

"There was a gun fired outside."
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2007, 04:22:39 am »
"Let me get this straight, son." I said, coming to my senses. "You woke me up to tell me a gun has been fired in a frontier town, in which not one day ago we witnessed no less than 3 bar brawls, 2 showdowns and a bank robbery?
Oh well. Now I'm up i maht as well go down for some breakfast. I smell bacon!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2007, 01:05:20 pm »
"Aren't you the least bit concerned about what happened?" I said, although it was blindingly apparent he wasn't.
Despite being unnerved by the gunshot, I followed Krakow down to the Saloon below our rooms.

Although this one was in good condition, I could tell the Saloon we had been in the other night was the main gathering place for the town.

The floors were oak and a couple of portraits were hung on the walls. Cobwebs had gathered over some of the various booths, but most were clear of dust.
Behind the bar, a generally thin looking person was hunched over a stovetop, frying bacon.

I almost instantly recognised him as the man who'd been holding the gun outside.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2007, 01:24:13 pm »
"Good mohnin' my good suh" I addressed the thin man "Ah believe when ah paid foh mah room the young lady said somethin' about breakfast bein' included?"

The old man emmited a sort of disgruntled "humph" and transferred some bacon from his frying pan to a dusty plate and thrust it in my direction.

"Much obliged suh" I said, choosing to ignore his obvious resentment of me.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21:09 pm »
Although I was hungry, my better senses told me to go against asking the possible killer if he could spare any more for breakfast.

"I'm going to step out for some air." I attempted to say. I was almost sure my nerves made it come out more like  "Iminagstfpar" or something similar. Eigther way I didn't really wait inside to see if the message regestered.

The streets seemed empty save for me. From where I was I could see the town's main saloon, down the road.

Looking down the road I also noticed that I didn't happen to be the only one out their at the time.
I could make out a figure walking back toward the saloon from someplace, but I couldn't make out his details.

I took a small portable spyglass out of my back pocket. It was a memmento given to me by a former doctor, (that is in fact a very different story I won't go into) and it came in handy sometimes.
Looking through the lense I could see the figure was the man we had been playing cards with the other night.