Author Topic: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!  (Read 19554 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:43:23 am »
Okay folks, here it is! The fourth edition of Sgore's oh-so-wonderful Role Playing adventure! The two of us have spent years down in his basement fine tuning things and making some nice little changes and we are ready to present it!

First off, some legal issues. Yes, I have Sgore's permission.
Quote from: sgore
You have my offical Permison! SGORE's STAMP OF APLOOFAL.  ;)

See? Good! Now let's get on with it.

Here are the rules, as written by Sgore, and edited by me because I am good like that.

The object of the game is to play along in the role you take. You will tell the story from your character's point of view until its over or you die or something along those lines..(If you do die you could always come back as like a ghost or clone or never really killed etc...totally up to you) its a really fun game!

Rules You Should Follow (Unless you want Pat to come after you)
-Don't speak for anyone else. Let the other people playing the game respond to anything your character says to them. In other words don't do this:

Poster Four: I said no, but "Poster Three" said yes. (Also try not to do it with actions either, but if you must that's okay.)

-You only have to say "I'm going into the story!" when you are first going into the story. Once you have entered the story, you don't have to say it anymore. But do say it to start.

-If you want to enter the story you can create a new person and introduce that person or take over for a created unfilled character. If your character has partners in their story, feel free to let us know if there are any open positions that you might like to see filled.

-Any created roles not filled by people (like the bus driver) can be taken over at any point in the story. Until then it is fair game to say what they do and say and such.

-If you want, you can also at some point say "I'm going out of the story" and re-enter the story with "I'm going into the story" as a diffrent character. But be careful, If you do this, it's possible you may not have your original character to go back to later on should it be "bumped off" or something. (I've been pondering this idea for a little bit. But If people rather I remove it I will)

-Nicknames are allowed.

-If someone's prolonged silence is interfering with a plot line's continuance other player may treat it as an uncontrolled character until the controlling poster returns.

-Use spellcheck and proper punctuation or I will kill you. (I think you know who added this rule)

-Try to stick with the basic rules of the world. No flying monkeys in a world with no magic. I think you get the idea.

Here's an example of how the game works:
Poster One: Well, it was Monday again, and yet another day of school was coming. I was at the bus stop. When the bus came, i got on only to find nobody else on except for the bus driver and myself. "That's weird." I thought to myself "I'm like the fourth to last stop. There usually are no seats left when i get on."

Poster Two: "I'm going into the story!"

I got on the bus and saw poster one, but no other kids. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

Poster One: "I don't know" I said back to her. "Maybe they're all out sick."

Poster Two: "I don't think everyone could be out sick." i said.

Poster Three: "I'm going into the story!"

I silently agreed with her in my head. I had been driving this bus for 3 years, and usually only 1 or 2, if any kids were out sick. I didn't say anything at that point though because i was just there to do my job and drive the bus. Still i couldn't help but wonder where everyone else could be.

And the story would basically go on till the whole thing was resolved or at least the main conflict was.(You know, in case any sub-plots develop or something.)

The World
I am just going to give you a little bit of info about the world we will be playing in so that we don't make some base level mistakes.

The world is set in a standard American Wild West town. There are miles and miles of open space, a town somewhere in that space, and maybe a few outlying areas and camps. A lot of the action will probably happen in the town. There are saloons, banks, post offices, a train station, maybe some cattle ranches, and of course, a sheriff (Who is a viable character for anyone who wants to do so). Try to stick with the time period, the late Nineteenth Century. Feel free to do whatever you want within those constraints. Your characters can be from anywhere, but their story will be of their exploits in this Wild West town.

Other than that, the rest of the world will be filled out by what we all write, so add buildings, people, landmarks, or whatever to the world.

With that, let's begin!

I'm going into the story!

"Hey Ryan, what time is it?" Called out a voice from behind me.

"Hmm... it looks to be about noon time, we had better hurry!" I said. I rubbed my eyes. Why did I just look right into the sun? That was stupid.

"H-hey Ryan, can we go over the plan one more time?" Called out another voice from behind me.

I stopped the horse and turned to my left.

"This is the third time you have asked me! I told you, it is simple, try to keep anyone from shooting us when we go in."

"Yeah but I forgot the other part... we still have plenty of time, let's just go over it again."

I dismounted.

"Fine fine... here is the plan...."

As I went over the plan again I started to think about why I was here. I guess it started after I left school. I was supposed to take over my father's printing business back in Philadelphia but the whole job seemed boring and damned if I was going to work under that idiot brother of mine. I remember what my father said, "This is the best chance you have to make something of yourself, if you go now you are going to find yourself dead in the street!". I guess he may have been right... Shortly after that I hopped on a train and headed West. They threw me off in some dirt poor town after they found out I didn't have a ticket. That was six years ago, I was eighteen. Lucky for me there was a gold strike near the town and it exploded into life. That is, until I robbed them blind and disappeared. Anyway, that is what I do now. I am Kevin Ott, outlaw. I even got myself a bit of a reputation for my work.

More recently I hired a few guns to help me hit a bank in a place called Red Valley. The place gets its name because of the red cliffs that surround the town in all directions. Its a bitch to get out of the place so I came up with a great plan. I got us all disguises, good ones too. This way when we separate we can each just go right back into the town and nobody will be the wiser. Plus for added safety, not even the guys I hired know my real name, just in case.The only sticking point is that one of the guys I hired is as smart as a stack of railroad ties.

"Look, when the clock strikes twelve, we walk into the bank, you two watch the doors and windows and keep everyone at bay. I will go around to the safe with the manager and get the money." I add, "My source told me that there is ten thousand dollars in the safe. We each get three thousand each, and my source wants one thousand for his troubles."

"Oh okay... what was the floorplan again?" Asked the guy on the left.

"... it is simple... it is a big box that is divided down the middle with a wall that the tellers stand behind. The safe is in a room in the back right corner." I tell him in an aggravated tone.

"Ah... okay... can we go now, then?" He asks.

"... yes." I say.

We get back up on the horses and ride toward town. I call back to them.
"When this is over we all split up. Lay low. Put on your disguises now."

I put my disguise on, a blonde wig and a blonde mustache. After a few more minutes we arrive in the town and stop in front of the bank. The clock in the middle of town just started ringing. I signal to the two gunmen and we dismount and walk toward the bank. I go over the plan one more time in my head as I walk up onto the sidewalk. The clock strikes twelve, the moment of truth.

"Let's do this, gentlemen!"

I pull out my gun (A Buntline Special) and throw open the door.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:41:34 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Going Into the Story: Wild West Style!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:06:49 pm »
I'm going into the story Y'all!

"Roll up! Roll up! and try Dr Samuel Krakow's incredible invigorating miracle tonic! For only 99c you'll be able to buy a bottle of the greatest breakthrough in medical history since the invention of the scalpel! Not only is my miracle tonic effective against Consumption, Cholera and Gangrene, but it also cures baldness, maladies of the masculine area, fights the common cold and restores muscle tone and mobility to victims of Polio. Not only! But also, Dr Krakows miracle tonic also works on animals and can be used as a household disinfectant. Just when you thought it couldnt get any better, theres more! My Tonic can even cure grievous flesh wounds... instantly!"
I shouted to the small crowd in front of me... a few seemed impressed, but overall they regarded me with expressions of vapid tedium... time to bring out the big guns!

"You there!" I pointed to my newest collaborator.
"Who me?" he replied
"Yes, you sir! We have never met before, correct?!"
"Thayt    is    correct" He replied in a rather laboured fasion. Luckily the crowd didnt seem to notice.
"Now, I can tell that you are suffering from a serious malady! Correct?!"
"Thayt    is    correct"
"And that malady is?!"
"I gowt... shawt... in thu stummick" At this point he opened his jacket and showed the standard red stained ripped vest. A few people actually gasped.
"Fear no longer, for the power of Dr Krakow's invigorating tonic will repair your shattered tissues! Take a swig of this my good man!"
The man drank from the bottle and did a passable impression of someone getting better... the crowed gasped in the usual fasion and began to crowd around holding their wallets... heh heh, it never failed.

I heard a scream coming from the general direction of the bank... I didnt really pay much attention to it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:02:46 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:55:26 pm »
Reckon I'm in the story...

As Joseph Priest entered the town's limits, he had the strange feeling that although the town was alive, it would soon wither away and die, just like many other towns he had stumbled upon in his wandering.  Slowing his horse to a slow walk, he surveyed the streets which were bustling with carriages, horses, and the usual crowd of suckers amazed at some fake doctor's "magic potions."  If there was one thing his father taught him that was useful, it was never to buy anything from that lot. 

As he rode past the saloon, Priest realized that he was very thirsty and dismounted, hitching his horse and stepping up on the porch.  He walked into the saloon, and the clicking of his spurs against the wood caused several people looked up to see him enter.  He looked around and took in the room with all his senses, noticing that although the bar was crowded and the saloon was filled with smoke and the sound of a bad honky tonk piano, patrons did not seem to mind as they concentrated on their card games and the working ladies who strutted about the saloon.  Priest spit on the dusty floor, mumbled something to himself, and took a seat on the bar, ordering a whiskey and hunching his back over the table. 

He sat this way deep in thought, and through the cacophony of the saloon, he heard a pronounced yelp coming from across the street.  He glanced out the window and noticed three people enter the bank and draw their guns.  Trying to get a look at their faces, Priest took a quick draught of the shotglass and gently brought it to the table, standing up and walking back out of the saloon and towards his horse.  As he exited the saloon, he felt at his hips for his two Colt Peacemakers, the only "gifts" from his time during the Civil War.  They were relaible and he knew them well, and he had a feeling that they were about to be put to use again.  For the moment, though, he covered the holsters in his coat as he unhitched his horse and rode off farther into town.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:52:41 pm by gutwrencher89 »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 03:07:29 pm »
I'm Going into the story.

As the crowd gathered around Krakow I made my way out of sight behind a nearby saloon.

"What am I doing here?" I thought to myself. "I was going to go into theater. Instead I'm here wearing a fake accent and beard."
I then removed the fake accent and beard.
Well  I couldn't actually literally remove the accent...I did however vow to stop talking like that for as long as possible. That was part of the gig. Fall out of sight for a few minutes. Remove the disguise and act normal so people didn't start asking you questions that you couldn't answer.

I didn't like the job, but it kept me fed, and on the road until I could find a suitable arena to act in. Really just any place with a stage would be fine. I had an urge to preform in real roles.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 07:28:12 pm »
Syviana is a loner, its in his blood, so it was just natural for him to volunteer to live in the smaller fort town. He sat in the Saloon as a robbery took place...
"Give us y'er money!" They yelled as they held up the barkeep, he just sat and said, " I'ts not my money its the govern..." and he was shot in the skull before he could finish.
The bandits took a burlap sack of gold from below the counter. Syviana stands up and the bandits tell him, "You wouldn't wanna get ev'ryune in a prob would ya? 'cause we coul' kill all thes' guys easy!"
Syviana just drew his pistol and blasted him. One other soon followed. When the last scoundral he ran off, he hopped out of the window to avoid the barflies gratitude and headed towards
the larger town chasing the last bandit....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:37:18 pm by Gunner »
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:21:36 pm »
(I'm going into the story)
John had his hat pulled low as he rode into a small town on his horse the sheriff sent for him a few days ago.  He did not know why he was here, but it could not be good if the sheriff wanted the best assassin in the west. His gun was at his side as always.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 07:47:00 pm by shadowlord18 »
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 06:39:00 pm »
"Good morning lades and gentlemen!" I yelled as I grabbed a woman in red.

"Now if you would all be so kind as to put your arms into the sack that my associate is holding, we can get out of here nice and quick!" I say, putting my gun to the woman's head.

Everyone put their weapons into the sack and knelt down on the floor. I handed the woman off to one of the hired guns.

"Watch her, if anyone moves, she dies." I say, as I hop over the counter and grab the Bank Manager by his collar.

"How are you doing sir? What's your name?" I ask.

He stutters and just stares at me.

"No name? That's fine, just show me to the safe, if you will." I say, with a smile on my face.

We go over to the safe and I order the Manager to open it. He hesitates but kneels down and starts to open the lock. I turn around and look at the front of the bank. Everyone was being quiet and there was no sign that anyone outside knew what was going on. The safe popped open. I took a look and nearly fell over backwards.

Not only was there a mountain of cash, but there were lockboxes full jewels, gold, and other valuables. Mu source outdid himself this time.

I quickly loaded up the bag and turned to the Bank Manager.

"You, remember this face! Remember this face good! This is the face of Ryan Simmons, the gold haired bandit!"

He looked back at me and shook with fear. He was never going to forget the face I just showed him. Lucky for me, it wasn't mine. This was working out well after all! I turned and walked up to the front.

"Okay boys, let's get a move on."

We took the guns and the loot and walked casually out the front door. We mounted the horses and rode off. As we left the city limits I looked back to see someone running out the door of the bank. It was so nice of them to let us get so far before moving.

The three of us rode out for a while before we reached a cave in one of the red cliffs about twenty miles away from town. We went in and counted the loot. There was ten thousand in cash and about five thousand in other loot. I gave each man their cut, plus a little bonus, and told them to split up and head out of the valley. I would be returning to town, but not before destroying the disguise and hiding my share of the loot in my secret spot.

I threw the disguise into a hole in the cave and took a bottle from my belt. I poured some of it on the disguise and tossed a burning match onto it. I left the cave as soon as I was sure that the two hired guns were good and far away. I rode out to an old abandoned farm to the North of the town and dismounted. There was an old well on the property and I found that it was the perfect place to hide things. I checked the horizon to make sure nobody was around and shimmied my way down the well. At the bottom I took out a few of the rocks and revealed the wealth of valuables. The well seemed to go into some cavern but it had apparently dried out. I shoved the bag of the remaining loot into the hole and put the guns in there too. I covered up the hole and climbed out. Nobody had seen me.

I started walking toward town. I should reach it just as the sun sets. I had two thousand dollars with me, one thousand for me and the rest to pay off my source. I also brought a few of the trinkets that were in the safe as well.

I knew I would be safe because they were looking for a blonde haired main named Ryan Simmons, not a brown haired man named Kevin Ott. As an insurance policy the two men I hired knew me as Ryan Simmons. You never know who you can and can't trust.

I walked with a spring in my step.  In a few hours I would be enjoying the Red Valley nightlife.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 03:27:13 am »
Leaving my accomplice at a nearby Saloon I rode out of town. The bags of dollars I was carrying slowed me down a little, but hey, I wasnt in a hurry... yet. I had discovered some time earlier an abandoned farmhouse with a dried out well, perfect for stashing large bags of money. It was about equal distance from 5 nearby towns so, all going well, I would be visiting it about 5 more times after this. I had learned from long experience that tar and feathers washed off in time, but money was irreplacable. Tieing rope to the money bag in a large loop (so I could lift it out later with a hook) I dropped it into the mouth of the well and was greeted with a clinking thump.

I rode back to town... it would probably take the yokels about a day or two to realise I had sold them purple-coloured sugar water with aniseed in it. I had some time to relax in the saloon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:31:43 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 03:28:31 am »
John jump off his horse he didn't make a sound even though he landed hard he never made a sound unless he meant to it was the way he was. He tied up his horse to the hitching post and entered the sheriffs office to see three men in there that he had never seen be for talking to the sherife.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 12:36:44 pm »
I'm going into the story...

"Belly up to the bar boys" I shouted as I walked across the Red Valley Saloon. There was too much talkin' and not enough drinkin'. I owned this saloon. It was a gift from a gentleman I knew awhile back. He had a tragic accident after he signed it over to me. Shame really, good thing he told me where all the money was hid. Tonight we should have a good crowd, the piano player would be here and the girls would feel like dancing. More dancing.. more drinking.. more money.

As I walked near the bar I noticed a wet spot on the floor. Dang it! Those cowboys were always spittin' on my floor. Dirt and spit and spit and dirt.

"Simon... Siiiimoooooon.. get o'er here and mop up this floor.. then take the trash out yonder and burn it. Let's git this place cleaned up.. ya hear me?"

Simon was the dumb boy helped out here at the saloon. He couldn't talk or if he could, he didn't. But he was a good worker. I didn't pay him any wages but he got a bed in the corner of the kitchen and he got to eat the leftovers so he was happy.

I stopped to look in the mirror as I passed by the bar. My red hair was twisted up in a bun and I still looked pretty good considering the hard life I'd been through. I could use a new dress soon. This one was looking a little ragged. Fabric was hard to find and it had to be special ordered.

Another customer came through the door and sat at the bar.

"What's your poision?" I asked.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 06:16:17 pm by LadyM »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 01:02:08 pm »
"I'll have a mint julep, if youve got any" I said. This should immediately tell you I was from the south
"If not then I guess I'll just have one shot of sippin' whiskey

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 03:13:00 pm »
When it had felt like the agreed "Stay out of sight" Time had passed, I made my way back around the Saloon and towards the wagon. The horses looked tired out, so I could safely assume they'd been out with the money drop.

I made my way to the wagon trying to stay out of sight. Once inside I changed the jacket I was wearing with the other one previously laid out.

Overall I was pretty sure I was going to get shorted on my end, but probably not until the final gig, and I knew this wouldn't be the final one.

It was a crisp night. I decided to go walking around. Explore the town a little.

As I was walking through, I noticed a small barber shop a little ways away. I decided I was due for a trim and anything that would add to my disguise would be a good Idea.

I walked in.
It was a fairly clean establishment. Small, but clean. There was a wooden chair off to the side of the shop and a mirror on the wall. Next to it was a small table with what I could only assume were barber materials.
It was also completely empty

At the back was a closed wooden door. I could only assume that's where the Barber had gone. Eigther there or the saloon, but I doubted anyone who left their property to go someplace else would have also left a door unlocked here after having heard some of the conversations of people I passed by on the topics of earlier that day.

I decided to try the door.
I walked up and hesitated as I was about to knock hearing wispering on the otherside. I could barely make out any of the words. "..sitting on something big here..." was about all I could make out clearly.

I knocked.

The wispers went silent. I heard footsteps on the other side come towards the door.
A somewhat thin looking man man opened the door enough to stick his head out.
"Can I help you?" He asked.
"Ahem. Um, I was wondering who I could ask about a haircut around here." I said.
"I'm Sorry but we happen to be closed. If you could just leave that'd be great."
"I apologize, I though it was open because the door was.."
"Well as you can tell we aren't open so...leave."
"Ok."

I walked out of the Barbershop thinking something very odd was going on behind me, and I had no idea what.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 04:46:49 pm »
John waited for the sheriff to finish with the three men and sat on the chair and the sheriff thew a picture on the desk and said "kill this man and bring me his head". John picked the the picture up so he was hunting one Ryan Simmons.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 04:57:14 pm »
I sipped my Mint Julep and lazily scanned the interior of the saloon. Everything was pretty tame, not much exitement at all. Noticing some men playing poker in the corner I decided to stir things up a bit.

"CHEAT!!!" I yelled, quickly duckin' out of sight behind a table.
Immediately I said it, one of the poker players jerked round, spillin' his drink on a passing hoodlum. The man punched the drink spiller into another table and before anyone knew what was happening there was a good old fasioned saloon brawl goin' on. Hee hee! It was fun causing trouble.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 05:34:20 pm »
I'm going into the story

I heard this town of Gringos was pretty interessting. Much money, good tequila, and fine mujeres. Ayayay, I sure as hell hoped they'd accept Mejicanos down there. I had to stop in town no matter what as my bottle of water was pretty much empty and Blanca, my horse, was also pretty much powered out. As I stepped into this town it seemed like there had been some trouble beforehand. What was this, I wondered, why were the Gringos running arround like ant in this pisshole. No time to wonder, I had to drink. I entered the Red Valley Saloon, one hand at my belt buckle, the other at my colt. I went up to the bar and smiled and said:
"Gimme Tequila, mujer. Andale"
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.