Author Topic: Kyle XY  (Read 4401 times)

c14dude

Kyle XY
« on: August 15, 2006, 03:05:54 am »
has anyone been following this show, i havent seen an episode but i wanna hear if any of you have.
is it any good?

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle XY
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 08:11:49 am »
I havn't seen it, but I watch Grounded for Life on ABC Family every day, so I have to see the commercials. It looks terrible, and the guy who plays Kyle seems like such a douche. Every commercial ends with him staring at you with this ridiculous Deer In Headlights expression on his face. And the actor who plays the young kid is terrible, just from the 5-second clips of him saying anything.

So no, havn't seen it, and I have no interest in seeing it.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:37:01 pm »
I tried watching the pilot episode. It's not especially worth watching; the casting is relatively poor across the board, except for the guy playing the Dad. The fella playing Kyle actually does a serviceable job seeing as he basically plays what he was given to play. It's another of those family-friendly shows. If you don't ordinarily like those sort of things, I'd steer clear.

c14dude

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:38:40 pm »
ok well this sounds like a no go for me, thanks for the input guys

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 12:54:30 pm »
The commercials look terrible. It looks like it's some alien foreign exchange student who finds himself popular at school and with the ladies for no particular reason and is struggling with that along with adapting to earth culture, all while maintaining an expression on his face like he just walked in on his grandparents bumping the dirty. The plot might be good, but I don't think it's a series worth following.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:16:20 pm »
You just don't know how to be efficient. I just look at a couple pictures of countries and then tell everyone I've been there, assuming I liked the pictures. But if the country has a crappy name, then I just skip the photos all together and count it as a loss.  ;)

I know I have no basis for disliking the show just from the commercials, but seriously. They make it look horrible.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:46:02 pm »
I've seen it in my cable TV guide numerous times, usually just reading the short, two sentance synopsis to try to get an idea of the show's subject. Over my years of TV watching, I've learned to discount commercials as nothing but select clips used to make the show look good, so I paid little attention to the ads. However, they have got me curious...

Being the enthusiastic sci-fi fan that I am, watching everything I can get my hands on from retro Twilight Zones to Star Trek: Voyager, would you recomend the show?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 03:39:31 pm »
I actually like this show, been watching Season 1 (about to finish), seriously people, if you don't know why he stares weirdly at everything doesn't mean he's a retard, watch the show first ask questions later :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 05:27:43 pm »
bumping since I have something to add, Season 2 is now about to finish (ep 22) (they stopped in episode 13 but then continued it), the series is getting better IMHO
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.