Author Topic: A Mac/PC hybrid?  (Read 2537 times)

7 who ate 9

A Mac/PC hybrid?
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:18:09 am »
Ok, my computer is screwed. There is absoulty no way I can fix it, the and soultion is to get a new PC. But what should I get? The new PC sounds cool, I think it's called the QP or something. But, Macs are fun, and they have built in video editing programs, and I love to make movies. Then again, I allso like to play games on the PC and it has alot of better programs that the Mac doesn't have. So, should I get one of those Mac/PC hybrid type of things? You know, where there is a PC inside of a Mac, I like the idea of this, but does the Mac PC work? So just tell me what Computer i should get, one that has low prices and works.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: A Mac/PC hybrid?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:31:54 am »
What's a QP?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 08:37:06 am by SmileyMan »

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:32:41 am »
My computer is screwed too, but I'm just getting a new hard drive. This way, all the anomolies with the software go bye-bye and I can start over with the same hardware. Except the hard drive, that changes.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 08:37:40 am »
My computer is screwed too, but I'm just getting a new hard drive. This way, all the anomolies with the software go bye-bye and I can start over with the same hardware. Except the hard drive, that changes.

You're screwed if the problem isn't the harddrive. :P

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:39:42 am »
It's not the hard drive, it's the crap (spyware, adware, viruses, fragments) ON the hard drive. I would just wipe the drive I have now, but my dad won't let me for some reason. He will only let me if he buys a new hard drive.

Either way, the drive is gone. One way, he pays 50 bucks more. I don't understand him...

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:49:55 am »
It's not the hard drive, it's the crap (spyware, adware, viruses, fragments) ON the hard drive. I would just wipe the drive I have now, but my dad won't let me for some reason. He will only let me if he buys a new hard drive.

Either way, the drive is gone. One way, he pays 50 bucks more. I don't understand him...

He probably has a lot of valueable files on the harddrive locked in a folder somewhere. >_>

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:51:01 am »
Ok, my computer is screwed. There is absoulty no way I can fix it, the and soultion is to get a new PC. But what should I get? The new PC sounds cool, I think it's called the QP or something. But, Macs are fun, and they have built in video editing programs, and I love to make movies. Then again, I allso like to play games on the PC and it has alot of better programs that the Mac doesn't have. So, should I get one of those Mac/PC hybrid type of things? You know, where there is a PC inside of a Mac, I like the idea of this, but does the Mac PC work? So just tell me what Computer i should get, one that has low prices and works.

Get a PC. There is not a thing a Mac can do which a PC can't. Macs are just easier to use because they have all the stuff bundled with them. PCs are cheaper, you can get decent software for free (and I'm talking actually free, not stolen), but it just takes a little time to get it all set up and running.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:51:57 am »
Wiping the hard drive= No data anymore
New hard drive= Data is inaccessible via this (our only) computer

Either way, he made me copy all of the files onto the external before I do anything. So I don't really see the difference.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 08:56:09 am »
What is a QP??

c14dude

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:33:59 am »
i havent heard much on the "hybrids" but i would just go with a pc.
if you can though, hold out till DX10 and vista come out that way you wont buy a new system
and want to upgrade three months later.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 09:49:21 am »
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/04/19

The guys at PA got some right around there, read through the news posts and you'll see that they each love them

7 who ate 9

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 08:04:13 pm »
Well, i just got a mac/PC thing, it is like a two in one thing. I guasse it's good, its my family's computer anyway, and they don't listen when I say that PC is better. If I want the Pc, I'll just go to the PC part.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 04:12:35 am »
You cannot have both! Mac or PC! Not both!

Basic computer law.