Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Netflix
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:00:39 pm »
http://www.netflix.com

Does anyone else have this service? I've been using this since June 2004, so I've had it for a little over two years now.

For those who don't know, it's one of those movie rental sites. You sign up, pay a monthly fee, and the will send you DVD's. You get to keep the DVD's as long as you want, then once you send one back, they will send you another movie from your list.

I love this sevice, and I've loved it ever since I got it. They have just about every movie imaginable. Not only is the movie selection great, but the site also includes many obscure little documentary's that are really great and interesting to watch. The delivery time is very quick, and I live in Alaska!

I have the $20 plan. What this gives me is 3 DVD's out at a time, keep them as long as I want, and I can get as many DVD's per month that I want (provided I send some back).

Also, I just noticed that they have HD-DVD and Blu-ray in stock, if you're into that.

So, do you have Netflix (or something similar)? What movies do you have on your list?

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:20:43 pm »
I'm not a big moive buff, but I have Game Fly which is the same idea, just for games

Ether way, it's a lot better then going to block buster

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:25:53 pm »
My family has it.  It's great, but we always try to sabotage the queue before our DVDs arrive.  ;D
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!