Author Topic: Echin (conquered race by the Ęthiran Empire)  (Read 16630 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Echin (conquered race by the Ęthiran Empire)
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:57:17 am »

Made with GIMP. Shows of how a Echin look like.

Name: Echin
Closest earth equivalent: Spider Octopus hybrid
Size: Start out as a small little creature but grows with age to colossal size. Never stops growing until it dies.
Locomotion: Hovering with hydrogen sacs and use jets of air to move around. Also have small wings for steering. At very young age or when depleted of Hydrogen it move with the help of is tentacles arms.
Environment: Forest, Open plains, Deserts, Mountins, Subterran, Coastal areas, Arctic areas.
Diet: Omnivore.
Social behavior: Old culture was base by rule from a consul of Elders. After the Ęthiran conquest they where intergraded in Ęthiran culture.
Lifespan: The Echin do not age in a normal sense just grow larger. There sometimes do get Old age diseases that need to be cured and they sometime willing fade away. A few also use biotechnolgy to stop there growth.

Generally Biology

Echin is by far one of the more odd creatures that lives in the universe. I have 6 tentacles arms with extream flexibility and 2 harpoon arms for capturing is pray. It got 6 eyes that gives it excellent vision. There have sensory organs for Smell Touch Taste Sight Hearing and even Electromagnetic sense. Mandibles that can cut almost any pray in half and that can shot a charge electricity betwine them. They also work as a communcations organ as they send out Electromagnetic  pulses that other Echin can read. The Echin also can change color which used as a Secondary way to communicate as well as helping them hide. There third way to communicate is with sounds but most Echin have a hard time to relate to sonic communication. The Echin have a spinner sacs at the back of there opisthosoma (to borrow a spider ) which they use to spin nets. Often not for huntting but for protect they young and to store there food. Early Echin also use these threads to create tools. Echin hovers with the help of Hydrogen filled sacs that are contain in the opisthosoma. Echins can also spew forth the hydrogen in a spray in for of it igniting it with is Mandibles. This is however very taxing and the Echin is at risk of losing it ability to hover if is expends to much. Echin have develop a very heat resistances because of this. There also resistant to cold and as good as immune to Electricity. Their metabolism is very fast and can regenerate any bodypart as long as the central nervasystem is still somewhat intact. Their Cell biology have bin described by Ęthiran Technomancers as being almost like a growing cancer and is hard to understand how the body still manage to be stable. Echin however have a few weaknesses because of there biology. Their organs are thightly packed and if the outer shell is breach is easy to do a lot of damage to them. Fire can also ignite the hydrogen sacs that have a small risk of exploding. There fast metabolism is subassembly to poisons and disease. To controle all body functions the Echins have a very large and advanced brain.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:06:39 am by Yokto »

Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
Re: Echin (conquered race by the Ęthiran Empire)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:13:14 am »
sweet  ;D

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:56:12 am »
cool

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:48:52 am »
It's got a big butt :D.

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:07:54 am »
Nice creature!

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 10:12:27 am »
Nice :)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 11:05:37 am »
It's really good  ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 07:09:50 pm »
Reminds me of the discovery channel creature on "Alien Planet"

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 07:12:33 pm »
Reminds me of the discovery channel creature on "Alien Planet"

that was such a great movie
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 02:29:54 am »
Well thanks for a the nice comments. Please ask questions and i will post more.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 07:37:28 am »
I would like to know more about Echin culture. Like are they warlike or peaceful? All that stuff.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:58:38 am »
Echin culture early culture

Long before the Ęthiran Empire defeated the Echin Empire the Echin lived in tribes often in woodland areas or near mountens. There early culture was depending on stalking animals, Collecting food and storing in webs they spinnet. Echin often build underground cambers to stored food in and these cambers. Echin also learn how to use create tool using there webs. Echin quick became skilled at building larger structures and soon larger underground labyrinths where build in the soft soil using webs. They also build structure above and started to build traps with there nets. (The net are strong but no sticky so Echin could not build spiderlike webs to capture is pray) Echin also started to expand more not only building large webs over the valley's and betwine the treas to protect them self but also to build structure on  the open planes. The Echin soon develop a high culture when they discover how to write but it would take many years before the Echin would discover the use of metal. Echin soon created hole cities connect via underground webways and around the city the Echin tried to build webcoverd frosts around a central spire which became. Soon the hole world was coved with small Echin cities where Echin hunted it pray and cultivated plants.

Even taught writing had bin develop older Echin was often very highly regard and their where often the leadership of the tribes. A part of this comes for that Echin grow all there life so the oldest where also the largest and most powerfull. During this time the Elders started to become even more powerfull as easier living help them survive longer and the Elders where larger then ever before. But this lead to the Largest and oldest not being able to find large enough pray so a few started to pray on other Echin. Some even ate the own children even cultivated children to eat. For many years many elders became cannibals and prayed on the own kind. A few however decided to just stop eating a wither away. The Elders also attack each others as they saw other Elders as competerors for food. Soon there where only a few elders that controle much of the world in iron first. They destroy most of the writing that had existed up to this time so they would know only the secretes of life. With there iron grip they could rule unchallenged for many years but one day one of the younger Echin named Shona found the a book about the time before the cannibalistic elders. He learn to read the book and found out about how once wise elders ruled and how no one needed to fear for there life. Shona manage to start a secret movement and learn the others to read. They soon invented weapons weapons and learn superior tactic to beat the giant elders. They work in secret  and one day was able to overtrow the Elders.

Sins that time Elders have often kept a low profile until the age of Sha. Their where still the leaders of the tribes but now they choices to die i still death when there old enough. Technology went steady forward now that there was not ban on book and where not so dependent on there elders as before.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 10:31:09 am »
Color pigments

Echin have color pigment in there skin that is use for camouflage and to signal emotions. Around other Echin they often have hard time to controle there color especially of they know the each other well. Alone they have almost perfect controle however. There is however one type of pigment the Echin allway have control over even when in social setting.The Luminescent pigment can be controle without any special training. Echin often hunt alone so easy to focus there camouflage when when there hunt. Some Echin hunt in packs however but pack often gain a collective understanding of each others actions and can focus on the hunt it self make them able to camouflage. Is most this packhunting discipline that leaders to the skills know as "hide in black" and "hide in white". The need to hide once feeling can be very impotent sometime so mask once feeling so most Echins have learn to mask there feeling in Black and a few in White. This takes consecration at first but i becomes almost nature with age. In the old time this trick was often seen sign that the Echin was hiding something but after cannibalistic Elders this have become common. A few Echin learn how to controle there skin pigment so well that they started to preform. Often dancing or doing other acrobatic skills at the same time. Entertainers like this are very rare but the skill is highly appreciated if only for the amount of self contole a Echin must have to do these performances.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 08:32:31 pm »
Made a spore race based on them. Started form a cell and work my way to tribal.

Echin on Sporepedia
The Sporecast (will add more)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:00:29 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons