Author Topic: Yakhaar (& Flash)  (Read 11329 times)

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
Yakhaar (& Flash)
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:15:46 am »

(by Operaknight)

(by Ittiz)

The Old Yakhaar

Physical
The Yakhaar ((a Yakhaar, some Yakhaar, a Yakhaari building)) have a rather simplistic outside, because through evolution its proved to be good camouflage. Their diet consists of monstly leaves, but they consider spores and mushrooms to be a delicatesse. Their immune system is very advanced, making them immune to most diseases and virusses, and their body naturally regenerates wounds at a fast rate, as long as their brains are not damaged. The brains are positioned right behind their eye, to improve the speed at which they can see things. Their physical weakness is their speedy, they can dodge things very easily, but their small legs are not built for fast travel.

Their eye can see ultraviolet, which is why they prefer to stay at shaded areas. their hearing organs are inside of their mouths, so they have to open their mouth to hear at the maximum capacity. The reason for this, is that there are insects on his homeplanet, which penetrate their victims through openings in the body. In the early fases of evolution they had an ear of their head, but now that its closed, they can only hear loud noises, like vehicles or big creatures approaching.

Yakhaar have an average lifespan of 200 years. Their outerbodies do not "grow old", but their vital organs do. The Yakhaar have two harts, and they use both, although some are known to survive using only one. Yakhaar do not care about their lifespans, but they do care about guarding and taking care of the community (Y'Ghoor).

Social
The Yakhaar are social creatures, the civilians (Y'Trigu) gather all food and materials they find in community depots, and the depot workers (Y'Khoor) then supply the civilian buildings with the needed amount of goods. Yakhaar do not celebrate special days, in fact they count years by 100 days, without counting weeks, and count 100 years to one Alpha. Everyone who has lived through one entire Alpha is considered "adult" and can leave his family house, to start its own. It is considered "normal" for a Yakhaar male to take care of the children, and the female they are from feel no need to take care of them, because there are more men looking for children. Sometimes females do decide to join a family house and take care of the children, but it is not very common. Male Yakhaar have about 30 chidren from their first Aplha to their second Aplha. After that, they are no longer considered child-makers, and thus they stop doing so. Mating is not something desirable for the Yakhaar, due to their body.
Yakhaar do not wear clothing, their skin keeps them warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
There are 30 different Yakhaari languages, but they agreed to use one and the same language in the 8th Aplha.

Hiearchy (spelling?)
The Yakhaar do not know of "nations", they live in cities, and keep expanding those, without making "villages" around them. Those cities were founded in the first Aplha, known as Origin Aplha (Alpha Y'Ogier). Each city has a council, consisting of the Yakhaar men who live their second Aplha. The biggest Yakhaari city, Y'Vicci, has a population of 2 million, of which 1000 live their second Alpha, while smaller cities, like Y'Tsufu, have a population of 500.000, of which 50 live their second Alpha.
Those men are called Y'Ktulek. Directly below the Y'Ktulek are the Y'Khoor, and below them are the Y'Trigu. Y'Khoor are also the Yakhaari soldiers, although Yakhaar would do nearly anything to prevent war or violence. Their only true enemy was the Gorrig. But the Gorrig were vicious monsters, and they hardly mated. The are now extinct, putting the Yakhaar at the top of the food-chain.

Buildings
The Yakhaar live burrow-like buildings, they build a stone frame, put wood against the sides, and then cover it with a lot of sand and mud. After some time, now buildings can be built on top, forming huge, solid collections of buildings. To make sure you dont have to climb through 20 houses in order to get to your own, each house has its own skybridge leading to the center of the city, which then leads to the borders of the city by long, fortified tunnels. This form of building never changed, and even now, in the 30th Alpha, they continue to use it, although the stone has been replaced by metal, and it is often plastered from the inside, so no sand or dirt can fall into the house.

Vehicles
Yakhaar massively use vehicles, since their legs are incapable of long travel. In the early Aplhas, they mounted fast, friendly creatures, but they were never tamed, and always released in the wild once they did their job. They often come from the woods looking for food, or just some friendly attention, and they are very close to the Yakhaar, even though their intelligence goes no further then a 10 year (= 1000 days) old Yakhaar. But now they use speedy bikes, powered by water.

Homeplanet
The Yakhaari homeplanet is Y'DiOgier (Land of origin), has a dayspan of 30 hours. They planet is covered by plants for one half, and covered by shallow water by the other half. Yet there is a large crater in the shallow seas, that leads to a huge underground waterreservoir. In the water are some rocks, who send emp waves through the crater. And thus, no measurements could be done about how deep it goes. Y'DiOgier is approx. six times as big as the earth, but the planet does not know of any mountains, only lowland (shallow water) and highland (forest).

Yakhaari Space Control
When the Yakhaar decided to launch their first spacecraft, the Yakhaari Space Control was founded. They have the authority of all the Yakhaari cities to colonize new planets, and to represent all of the Yakhaar. The Yakhaar think much alike, so there will be no flaws in the command system, nor will there ever be corruption from the inside. Yet there are rumors of a black faction, inside the Yakhaari Space Control. They are assumed to be Y'Khoor, who believe in a god, or at least a divine being, and the rumors say, that they will rise up to follow it, once it shows itself to the Yakhaar.

The Yakhaari Space Control has about 30 of spaceships under its command. 25 of those are cargoships, but 5 of them are heavy battleships. It has often been suggested that these ships should be converted into cargoships, but the Yakhaari Space Control claims that there are savage creatures in space, who wish to steal Yakhaar goods.

these links do not work anymore, I hope they'll get back on soon.
Yakhaari male
Yakhaari Family House
Yakhaari Small Cargo Ship
Yakhaar Drawing by Operaghost  ;D
Yakhaari body
Yahkaari Battleship by Hanianknight  ;D
Yakhaari Council Meeting
Yakhaari Shield Generator

Yakhaar Game: Quick planet tour

(( The Old Yakhaari people are dead. The new Yakhaar are quite different. ))

The New Yakhaar: The White Yakhaar

Physical
The White Yakhaar owe their names to the fact that they are rather white. Originally, while the "real" Yakhaar all lived on the main planet, and the ones who lived on the outer planets had a whiter skin, they found out that it had something to do with the fact that a certain plant on the planet was needed to create the color-pegments used for the skin. And now that that planet is destroyed, the Yakhaar have no choice but to be pure white. Apart from that they are also rather muscled. That is due to that fact, that all weak Yakhaar were killed in the war against the Shakar.

Social
The White Yakhaar now wear clothing. Not only to reflect their personality, or political views, but also to protect themselves from the weather. However, they still believe that normal citizens are not allowed to use/carry any kinds of weapons, and even the military personal has to be checked now and then, and they are not allowed to take weapons with them after work. Yakhaar mating has been changed very much. Because it was clear that you need to teach your children what is right, and what is not, both mother and father remain with thier families now. They have an average of 5 children per family, to make sure the species grow in numbers again.

Hiearchy
The White Yakhaar still believe in the purpose of councils, but now they are purely based on intelligence, rather then age. Anyone who is found to be very intelligent, is adopted by the main council. There is only one council for the enitre species, located on the newly built battleship 'The Temple'. When you are inside, it looks as if you are in a big white void. You see no walls, no doors, no furniture, only eachother. But form the outside, it looks like a huge battleship, with constant guards and defensive turrets online. To prevent assasins, you need to be invited in by at least 10 council members, before you may enter, as well as a lack of clothes. The Yakhaar dont find that insulting, because before the civil war, they did not wear clothes anyway.

Buildings
The White Yakhaar still live in their planetary platforms. Which are dull and usefull. After the war, many believed "decorations" were childish, and that they'd have to be able to give up their homes in times of war or tragedy. All newly built buildings are strong, efficient and cheap.

Military buildings are also placed at the edges of cities, such as pillboxes, bunkers, artillery, anti-air cannons, and in the middle of most cities is a planetary defense cannon. The children and elder dont like these new buildings, but the adults know that they could be needed in the future.

Vehicles
The White Yakhaar have new combat vehicles, such as the Gollosus, a huge carrier, resistant to all forms of weaponry, and adaptable to all forms of terrain, including space. The Wingnut, a small airdevice that launches strangle-roots* on enemies. Can also be used in space. And the Gulgaur, a medium sized tank which fires emp shells, with strange-roots within them.

Planets
The White Yakhaar live on multiple planets, surrounding the huge ruble-field, which was once their home planet. The total amount of planets is about 30, but more and more planets are being found and colonised. The Yakhaar never hurt the local animal species, if there are any, instead they build cities and roads with strong barrier-shields, making sure nothing gets in, on land or by air.
The four biggest colonised planets, are:
 - Immkar, a desert planet with a lot of diamond on it. This planet is the main supply of energy crystals (charged diamonds).
 - Yaura, a grassland planet, with a lot of wool-skinned creatures on it. This planet is their main supply of clothing.
 - Iknar, a water planet, with huge fields of underwater forests. this planet is their main supply of food.
 - Burghan, another grassland planet, but with a lot of seas on it as well, closely resembling their destroyed homeplanet.

Yakhaari Space Control
Although the YSP was originally assasinated, it has been re-formed, and has taken control of the interplanetary trading and the defense of the trade routs. They are also building huge fleets of ships, both battleships and cargoships, in lots of different types and sizes.

*Strangle roots: Strangle Grenade. This grenade is shaped as a ball, and the top and bottom halfs are filled with water. In the middle is a small sphere, in which a strangle root is placed. When the grenade hits something, the sphere breaks, allowing the water to touch the root, and then the root grows at an incredible speed, immediately taking a hold of anything it touches, and well as the ground, rendering it immobile. this weapon was already built before the Shakar war.

these links do work.
new uploads, damn ftp is still down.
Borark
White Yakhaar Dressup
Yakhaar X-Ray
Kangorian
Yakhaar Game
Yakhaar
Torpal
Yakhaar house
Yakhaar Shield Generator
Small Cargo Ship
Spore Battle v1.2
Aleunen
Tobbler

That's nearly everything I've made for Spore in flash.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 04:58:58 am by p-luke »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Yakhaar
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 09:34:45 am »
Great flash :) But people would probably like more pictures.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 09:41:11 am »
yeah im planning on doing everything in flash, im working on something right now  ;D

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 11:21:35 am »
//The Forthi Delegation extends an invitation to the Takhaar people to join the DUP. We hope to see you there!
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5498.0
-Forthi Delegation, Speaker of the DUP//

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:08:42 pm »
wow, i love the creature editor flash thing. Very nice. and your guys seem pretty cool too.

I give it an A+
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 12:58:15 pm »
stupid DUP, i wanted the yakhaar to join my alliance, U.S.R,
Never mind your own business.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 12:59:51 pm »
josasa is pretty quick, maybe you should ally with the SWU
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 01:01:40 pm »
maybe thats an option,  my alliance wil grow, i just have to get to a new species before josasa gets them to join the SWU
Never mind your own business.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 01:08:35 pm »
Added a small cargo ship. I'll do some more vehicles tomorrow. And maybe some histroy, after I read most of the other history...

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 01:25:49 pm »
maybe thats an option,  my alliance wil grow, i just have to get to a new species before josasa gets them to join the SWU

//I'm part of the DUP, not the SWU.//

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 01:57:36 pm »
If someone would like to make an actual picture of a Yakhaar (shouldn't be too hard  :P) that'd be great.
In return I might do a flash thing for you, if I like the picture.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 04:18:10 pm »
If someone would like to make an actual picture of a Yakhaar (shouldn't be too hard  :P) that'd be great.
In return I might do a flash thing for you, if I like the picture.

hope you enjoy ;D

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 05:57:41 pm »
Heh heh, they look like Colon Polyps from those old "Get checked" commercials. I like their bio-tech though. I added it to the Weapons Registry List.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 03:03:02 am »
WoW! That's awesome Operaghost! Really, if there's anything I can do in return, just ask  ;D

And thanks Axelgear  :P

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 03:06:36 am »
They kind of remind me of:

But not that much.