Poll

I want Warcraft 4

Yes right now!
22 (53.7%)
No no let them continue to sit back and make money on WoW and forget all other games
19 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Who agrees that Blizzard should immediately start making Warcraft 4 now?  (Read 8665 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
Re: Who agrees that Blizzard should immediately start making Warcraft 4 now?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 02:41:02 pm »
well, about the lore, that IS the story, they just put it in book form to make it more understandable.
THE BOOKS ARE WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BLIZZARD!

StarCraft and Diablo also have books, you know.

yah? AND? just because its WRITTEN by people other than bllizard makes it not the story? so i went to bliz and asked what the story was, they told me and i went and wrote it, that makes it not true?
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 03:10:52 pm »
Just because something has lore doesn't automatically make it good.  While i loved the Warcraft 3 story and really got into it (it wasn't very good, but it was quite entertaining anyhow... and i was in WoW frenzy at the time), the characters were one-dimensional and predictable, the plot wasn't very good, and the game wasn't the greatest RTS ever made either.  Age of Empires 2 was a better game in terms of gameplay, in my opinion.  StarCraft is infinitely more popular than Warcraft 3... with good reason.  They should concentrate on WoW and Starcraft 2 in Blizzard South.  Blizzard North should concentrate on Diablo 3.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 03:16:29 pm »
Just because something has lore doesn't automatically make it good.  While i loved the Warcraft 3 story and really got into it (it wasn't very good, but it was quite entertaining anyhow... and i was in WoW frenzy at the time), the characters were one-dimensional and predictable, the plot wasn't very good, and the game wasn't the greatest RTS ever made either.  Age of Empires 2 was a better game in terms of gameplay, in my opinion.  StarCraft is infinitely more popular than Warcraft 3... with good reason.  They should concentrate on WoW and Starcraft 2 in Blizzard South.  Blizzard North should concentrate on Diablo 3.

yes, BUT GOOD LORE IS A POSITIVE THING. >:( lore does NOT make it great, lore HELPS make it great! and i disagree with your comment on the characters.

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 03:44:32 pm »
Yeah, I also loved the Warcraft 3 characters... because they were characters. StarCrafts plot and characters can measure up... but hardly anything else. And the story was also great, a lot of unexpected stuff.
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 02:27:07 am »
They would not make an warcraft 4  because they have WoW since WoW will live on for at least 10 years (plus the BC or other expansion's) it will take about 15 year till warcraft 4 comes, and even then it its more likely that they make an world of starcraft or world of diablo, starcraft 2 or diablo 3 or something new..

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 06:09:37 am »

yes, BUT GOOD LORE IS A POSITIVE THING. >:( lore does NOT make it great, lore HELPS make it great! and i disagree with your comment on the characters.

You're right, it is a positive thing.  Warcraft 3 was a good game - i said that.  However, the boring tactics and gameplay ruin the actual game (in the end i only played it for dota allstars), and like someone else said - paladin corrupted by dark magic (Arthas)... never seen that before have we?  Uther is an awful character.  Mal'Ghanis (whatever he's called - been years since i've played)... evil sidekick, very original... etc. etc.

Yes, it's entertaining, but that's just about it.  It's light entertainment, nothing special.  If you think more of it, then that's great - i'm glad you love the game.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 08:36:23 am »
They would not make an warcraft 4  because they have WoW since WoW will live on for at least 10 years (plus the BC or other expansion's) it will take about 15 year till warcraft 4 comes, and even then it its more likely that they make an world of starcraft or world of diablo, starcraft 2 or diablo 3 or something new..

Actually the typical lifespan of an MMO is 5 years. While one could argue that WoW with it's huge playerbase could never die in just 3 years, it'll probably be clear by then that it's time is up, and it will lose players rapidly. Of course, that's just a guess like yours, but still, I don't think we'll have to wait 15 years.

Offline dmngd

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • FOR AIUR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »
I don't agree that they should make warcraft 4 but if they support dota (http://www.dota-allstars.com/) then they can continue milking war3 since it's boosting sales.

Offline sean4rock

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • VIAclan
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 03:24:47 pm »
No no let them continue to sit back and make money on WoW and forget all other games
I agree with the "let them sit back and make money off WoW", but they are not forgetting about all other games,

Think of how much money Blizzard now have, think of how much time and detail they can put into WarCraft4, and since E3 isn't going to be the centre of all release dates, they can take several more years without any pressure from the Media.

I predict WarCraft4 will be the greatest Online-RTS.

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2006, 10:36:26 am »
Actually Warcraft and Starcraft got there ideas from GamesWorkshop's most awesome Warhammer fantasy and 40K series hence the demonic legions in Warcraft (Which come from a chaotic realm.... hhmmm?) , Zerg and Terran marines in starcraft. The problem with

Warcraft is not the storyline, but the simplistic and inflexible gameplay.
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 10:43:37 am »
Actually Warcraft and Starcraft got there ideas from GamesWorkshop's most awesome Warhammer fantasy and 40K series hence the demonic legions in Warcraft (Which come from a chaotic realm.... hhmmm?) , Zerg and Terran marines in starcraft. The problem with

Warcraft is not the storyline, but the simplistic and inflexible gameplay.
The mythologies War/StarCraft borrow from didn't originate with Games Workshop.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 03:12:09 pm »

You're right, it is a positive thing.  Warcraft 3 was a good game - i said that.  However, the boring tactics and gameplay ruin the actual game (in the end i only played it for dota allstars), and like someone else said - paladin corrupted by dark magic (Arthas)... never seen that before have we?  Uther is an awful character.  Mal'Ghanis (whatever he's called - been years since i've played)... evil sidekick, very original... etc. etc.

Yes, it's entertaining, but that's just about it.  It's light entertainment, nothing special.  If you think more of it, then that's great - i'm glad you love the game.

Mal'Ghanis is NOT a major character(or a sidekick, wtf gave you that impression?). Uther isn't even around that much anyway, arthas i agree, is generic. To people who said the game was inflexible, what? how are they inflexible? Do you mean that there was a winning combination of units, or that you win if you get enough of the same unit?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2006, 04:00:41 pm »
Mal'Ghanis is NOT a major character(or a sidekick, wtf gave you that impression?)
I think he meant Kel'Thuzad.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2006, 04:40:25 pm »
Well, then what? Is he supposed to not be evil? and hes more of a first in command than a side-kick. Its like calling Samwise a side-kick.

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006, 03:43:15 pm »
I agree they should make Warcraft 4 right away, but I also wish they would revisit Warcraft Adventures. That game could have absolutely rocked. I really have no interest in another Starcraft or Diablo, so I say Warcraft all the way baby!
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get