0 (0%)
B
2 (33.3%)
C
0 (0%)
D
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Another Awesome Tribes RPG  (Read 11490 times)

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Another Awesome Tribes RPG
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:00:48 pm »
Hey I've been following Detoxicated's tribe thread and I like the idea, so I've decided to make my own.  This story will start off in the nomadic stage, and I will keep going as long as you keep voting!  I'll keep it fun and interesting no matter what you guys vote for.  I will update as long as people vote at least once every 2 days or sooner (unless I'm busy)
Also check out the thread by Detoxicated http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5779.0

For thousands of years our creatures wandered their planet, going about their individual lives and struggling to survive in the wild alone.  Throughout this time, our creatures died without making any progress towards advancing their race.  A new age of intelligence came suddenly, however, and after some time, our people learned to work together and thrive in their environment.  They learned to work in groups of about 20 each, which resulted in a dangerously competitive relationship with rival groups.  The people of this land became so efficient and competitive, unfortunately, that the creatures they hunted became more scarce and moved much more to avoid the groups of nomads.  Our tribe struggled greatly to survive in this worsening environment, and felt that their situation had to change to survive.  Our tribe's methods of building and dismantling shelter became advanced, and some tribesmen felt that settling was the safest thing to do.  The people came together to decide where to settle.  At the time, the main argument in the tribe was the distance to travel in order to settle.  The land changed greatly the farther the tribe moved, and some heard rumors of mountains in the direction of the Sundeath (West).  Where did the tribe choose (note: pros and cons are opinons of the tribe and may/may not be speculation)

A. Grasslands: PRO- most fertile land, no travel required, familiar land, more rivers  CON- more rival tribes, lessening wildlife, difficult to defend
B. Woodland PRO- most wildlife, 2nd least travel required, average defense, some rivers  CON- some rival tribes, dangerous predators, unfamiliar
C. Hilly Land PRO- average travel (3rd)/wildlife/defense/farming, less rival tribes  CON- unfamiliar land, rockier soil (harder to farm), rivers unknown, still have to travel
D. Plateaus PRO- Farthest from rival tribes, high defense  CON- longest travel time, unsure of fertility/water/wildlife/forest

Post comments to let everyone know why you voted for what...and to help keep this thread from sinking lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:23:37 pm by gutwrencher89 »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Another Awesome Tribes RPG
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:33:39 pm »
I voted B so we can make this tribe different from the other.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:50:20 am »
B Wins.

After some debate, the tribe agreed that the forest was clearly the best place to go since it was closer and could be more easy to defend than the Grasslands.  The tribesmen spent a few days hunting with stones and branches to gather food for the trip, and they were off, travelling slowly with women and children.  After several days, the tribe reached the outskirts of the forest with very little trouble.  Having never entered the forest, the men took the lead and led the group deep into the forest, whose high canopy sheltered them from the sun and darkened the land.  Several miles into the forest, the group decided to make camp for the night, since the forest at night was very dark.
In the night, as many of the tribe were sleeping, strange creatures attacked and killed and wounded several tribesmen.  As the horrible night gave way to day, the tribe assessed the damages and discussed what they should do.

A. Move deeper into the forest
B. Stay, begin building houses and palisades on ground
C. Stay, begin building in trees
D. Stay, begin digging underground shelters

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:36:07 am »
Ummmmm its dead........ but I voted D YAY  :-\ I guess....
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:57:11 am »
Considering the thread started yesterday I wouldn't call it dead. one day in.  And so everyone knows i didn't base the first desicion off one vote, other people voted and didn't comment, which i have no problem with.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 09:04:01 am »
Oh...... :-[
Sorry Gut.....
It's true.

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
It would be the smartens to just stay were you are and try to fight back! so B

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
Palislade walls would definetely keep animals out, and people and livestock in. So B

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:29:49 am »
Hmm dont worry about the link, like the ideas u have:)
ANYWAYS i vote for d because i like diggers
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:54:11 pm »
B because we don't know anything about these creatures apart from the fact that they kill people. They could actually live underground and only come out to eat, or they could be tree-dwellers.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:27:44 pm »
We've got a tie right now with B and D so I'll leave this a little bit and if it doesn't change, I'll have to make the desicion myself

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:21:34 pm »
Hate to be the tie-breaker, but I'm going to go with B. We would probably risk just as much being ontop of ground as we would below ground because, as HolsteinCow said, we don't know anything about these creatures. Being ontop of the ground might help with agriculture and keeping livestock.
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 07:18:52 am »
C
Tree houses are nice!

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
CandyCane, I dunno what you voted for on the poll, but D won  ???

Immediately after making the desicion, the tribe began to dig their tunnel network, testing different ways to keep it structurally stable and ventilated.  At night, the tribe would take shelter underground and rest, and in the morning, they would get to work cutting down trees in the area and digging their tunnels.  After several weeks of this, the tribe had an advanced tunnel network to keep them safe from the creatures.  One night, a tribesman suggested that they light fires at the entrance to scare the creatures, but instead it drew them closer and helped them to find the tunnels, causing some trouble that the fighters were fortunately able to fend off.  As time went on, the tribe began building some homes above ground and moving underground at night.  The creatures did not destroy their homes, and the tribe decided that the heat was what attracted the creatures, and their fires underground could not be seen.  Over several years, the tribe grew quickly and forced the people to expand their tunnels regularly.

One day, a group of tribesmen exploring the area found a rival tribe's village.  They seemed to be well established, definitely long enough to have known about the night creatures, but some of the other tribe's guards saw the group and chased them away.  The tribe met one night in their meeting chamber and decided what to do.

A. Send a group over to ally with the village.
B. Send several scouts to get a closer look at the tribe
C. Send warriors to destroy the village (30 men)
D. Leave them alone, improve something else (will require another vote)

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:33:01 am »
A, because Better an ally then an enemy

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 04:39:17 pm »
A because thats the opposite of what my guys would do :P,
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 04:49:41 pm »
B
Spy the tribe before to do any action.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 05:29:30 pm »
Dtstroy them!

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 09:08:17 am »
A wins

The tribe eventually decided that a peaceful relation with the other village would be beneficial to the tribe, and a group consisting of the scouts who found the village and a few tribe leaders made their way through the woods.  As they reached the village, and people of the town did not trust them and considered killing them, but in the end the diplomats convinced them to make peace with our tribe.  The diplomats returned from the town with a treaty and a great deal of information.  The other village believed that the creatures who attacked them were territorial since they had the same problem and sent a hunting party during the day, destorying a lair that they found inside a tree.  Our tribe set out at once and found a lair, killing the creautures inside which stopped the attacks.  The other village also told our diplomats of a small mountian just past their village which they found hard, shiny rocks inside.  Our scouts were dispatched, and returned a few days later with a small piece of the shiny rocks.  Since the tribe had no more predator problems, they began building above ground and continuing to use the underground tunnels to save space.  With all the new information they gathered, the tribe met yet again to decide what to do next.

A. Mine more of the shiny rocks
B. Domesticate a food source
C. Expand the Village
D. Construct road connecting to friendly Village.

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:53 am »
Mhh il go for the road thing so D

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 09:52:38 am »
Shiny so..... A!
It's true.

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 10:05:35 am »
A
Mine rocks

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 04:23:14 pm »
Haha Rhodix...double meaning.  A Wins.

Tribe Size- 200 people, 130 men

The tribe decided to take advantage of the new information from the other tribe, and sent a party over to set up camp at the mountain.  The mountains were small, and the ore supply low, but the tribe continued foward in mining the supply since it could be tested to make things and trade with the friendly tribe.  The mining was difficult in the rocks, but the group made use of their tunneling techniques to gather the ore.  As the first shipment came into the main tribe, a few tribesmen got to work figuring out what to do.  The metal was fairly soft, but when heated and dipped in water, it could be hardened into an extremely strong material.  What should the tribe do with the metal?

A. Trade 1st shipment of metal to other tribe for technology (weapons)
B. Use to improve tools (agriculture and expansion)
C. Use to improve architecture (structures)
D. Use to improve current weapons (weapons)

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 05:23:48 pm »
B. Better tools are fundamental to improving everything else.

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 05:24:42 pm »
B
Improve tools

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 02:27:34 pm »
B.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 04:30:30 am »
b
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 08:04:41 am »
B wins by a landslide

The tribe immediately decided that the first shipments of metal should be used to improve their tools.  A group of the smartest tribesmen organized and began work on implementing metal into their tools, and came out with incredibly advanced tools.  The first complex tool, a pick, was created from wood and metal, and it helped the people to tunnel quicker and mine even more metal.  Some foresters using this tool saw great potential and modified it, creating a metal wedge which helped them to cut trees more efficiently.  While one inventor was foraging for food, he was struck with a genius idea.  Using the new tools, the first crude farms were created, mostly growing local plants scattered throughout the wilderness, which could be harvested much quicker.  As time went on, the tribe's village flourished into a great city, half above ground and half below.  During this golden age for the town, their neighboring village was attacked and damaged badly in a raid by people riding on strange beasts.  Many people were killed, and 1/4 of the town was destroyed.  Our tribe met with their tribe leader, who asked our city for aid.  The leader, trying to convince us to help, also pointed out that the raiding group threatened our ore supplies.  What should we do?

Tribe Size- about 500 people, 270 men

A. Gather a militia, send them to the neighboring town
B. Send builders, construct defenses around neighboring town
C. Construct strong walls in our own town
D. send militia guards along with mining groups for protection

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:03 pm »
A
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Star Wars Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Surveying the area, one Spore at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 04:41:00 pm »
B
Sporing the World, One Person at a Time.

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 08:59:04 pm »
b

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2006, 04:39:41 am »
B

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 06:50:12 pm »
So far B is leading, I'll update tomorrow

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 09:55:12 am »
B wins again  ;D

The town agreed that their military was not powerful enough to fight the raiders, since their allies had a stronger military and were crushed.  Instead, builders were gathered and sent to the friendly town, guarded by a small militia along the way.  When our group arrived, they immediately got to work constructing defenses in the town.  They constructed a wall around the town, and along the rim they created traps with their knowlege of tunnels and holes.  One builder had the idea of putting extremely flammable things in holes and firing on them with flaming arrows to surprise the raiders and perhaps spook their mounts.  The builders finished just in time, because the raiders returned again and were fended off by a smaller allied force.  The raiders fled in fear, and leaving their casualties behind our people were shocked to see that the mounts were the creatures that had plagued them when they first set up camp.

As the raiders fled, our allies sent a scout to find where they were staying.  They contacted us and informed us that they were going to attack the base, and asked for our aid in the assault.  They claimed that the base had no defenses, and if they attacked when the time was right they could kill the creatures that the raiders were using.  In return, they said that they would make it worth our while.

Our tribe: 700 people, 380 men

Ally's army: 150 infantry, 70 archers

What should we do?
A. Refuse to help, build up defenses (will improve defenses)
B. Train special archers to send (50 men) (will improve archers)
C. Train special infantry to send (50 men) (will improve infantry)
D. Send existing militia to help (150 men) (Able to attack sooner, outnumber enemy)

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 02:34:02 pm »
B
Archers

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »
b

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2006, 10:48:02 am »
c because we already did archers

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006, 11:47:24 am »
B wins...

Our tribe decided that archers would be the most helpful to our allies, but we did not want to send them in unprepared.  Our tribe began to concentrate on improving arrows, creating barbed arrows which were useful for putting an enemy down and keeping them from pulling the arrow out without difficulty.  After some time, the trained archers joined up with the allied army and were sent out.

The army reached the enemy town and positioned themselves outside, waiting for dusk, where the leaders agreed was the best time to attack.  As the enemy people were about to go to sleep, our army attacked and massacred the enemy, our squad taking positions at the pen where the creatures were kept.  As warriors tried to get to their mounts, they were cut down by our well trained archers.  Our allies, however, did most of the gruntwork and suffered more losses than us.  By the end of the battle, our army was victorious and took what they wanted from the town.  Our allies took the survivors and enslaved them, and we were given the town to take what we wanted.  The town held nothing special, however except for a new type of weapon, composed of a stick with a sharp point at the end.  The domesticated animals were the only interesting things we found; they were strong, hardy beasts, and were very fast.  The ones in the cages were tame, but still dangerous when provoked.  Our archers brought them back to the town.  What should we do with them?

A. Use them for farming (plowing)
B. Kill them, they're too unpredictable
C. Use them as cavalry (cavalry lancers/archers)
D. Use them for scouting

I'm going to be away for the next week, I'll check this out and update when I get home.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »
C!   :)  >:D

What will you do?

Offline Rhodix

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006, 12:16:34 pm »
A

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2006, 01:45:09 pm »
A. I don't want this tribe to be another war-driven tribe with mounted cavalry archers. We need this to be original.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »
d scouts are good

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 08:53:03 pm »
A wins...sorry for the long absence

Our tribe decided that using these creatures to help farm and build in town would help us to expand quickly and more efficiently.  The creatures were difficult to tame at first, but eventually they became used to the harnesses and tools attached to them.  These creatures, along with advanced tools, caused our tribe to expand well beyond our allies, who focused more on their military and traded heavily with us for tools and food.  Our tribe often traded inventions and advanced tools in exchange for protection, but our allies lacked the economic strength to become as efficient as us in farming and building, focusing more on military and exploration.  In the meanwhile, our tribe experienced a boom in the birthrate and the population exploded, resulting in a growing demand for food which our current farms were having a difficult time fulfilling even with the creatures and improved tools.

It was at this time that one man, a genius compared to other people in the tribe, invented a tool which solved all of the tribe's farming problems.  When operated by several people and one creature, it could till, plant, and water the ground quickly and efficiently.  The man was regarded as a respected inventor, and was given funding for more work in the tribe.  With unlimited resources, the man went to work and invented many tools which improved upon other tools and made work much quicker, cheaper, and of better quality.  He invented the idea of the factory in the tribe to meet the needs of the workers and people, and this opened another type of job for the villagers in the city.  Another building invented by the Great Inventor, which is a title bestowed upon him, was a spinning sail which was placed above the treetops.  It could spin from the force of the wind, and this in turn was used to power machines which could process plants, ore, and building materials. 

Many other smaller inventions were created by the genius, and his journals were kept hidden.  Unfortunately, while conducting an odd experiment by strapping wings like a bird to himself and jumping from a tree, the inventor glided into a lake and drowned.  Upon his death, his facility was checked and his journals were found.  These journals dictated his thought process for inventing the tools he created, and also contained unfinished ideas which he died before he could finish.  They also contained many things not having to do with inventions that the people could not understand, since they were not as intelligent and did not have the capacity to fathom what he wrote about.  They pertained to "organized government" and "Class" and also asked questions in the journal that he could not answer.

What should we do with the journals?
A. Construct a monument in the town and put his journals on display
B. Designate a group of young people to study the books to uncover more and continue his work
C. Create a system of education for all, teaching the Great Inventor's thought process and ideas
D. Share the journals with our allied tribe to help them expand

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2006, 08:58:03 pm »
C, lets get smart!

What will you do?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2006, 10:18:39 pm »
I like b that way we don't have to many inventors

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 09:35:42 am »
C wins...

Using the ideas of the Great Inventor, a special group of villagers was designated to learn from the journals and teach them to all the children in the city.  With this, the first books were written by scholars who wanted to help simplify the Great Inventor's ideas for younger children and to slowly increase its complexity with older students.  The people learned from these lessons and their work ethic improved as newer generations grew and taught the lessons to the next generation.  The intelligence gained from the journals opened a whole new world to the people of the city, and entertainment became a growing trend since the people had everything they needed.  Their allies also benefitted from the trickling down of the city, but could not keep up and soon we were the superior city.  Even in this time, however, our nation still depended on our allies for military protection, although no enemies had attacked us in our history, and they depended on us for food to feed their armies.  Our city grew higher and larger, and expansion was no problem since half of the town was underground.  Food and ore from the mine were coming in steadily and being processed in refineries and factories.  The minds of our people, always thinking in the ways of the Great Inventor, strayed to incredible things that our tribe could do.  One subject in particular is of the experiment of flight in which the hero of the city was tragically killed.  During this period of good times, what should our people do?

A. Colonize another town (will need a vote to decide where)
B. Improve the city's military and defenses
C. Invade our neighbor's city
D. Focus our studies on flight

I thank everyone who's participated in the story and voted, but I really would like it if I could get some more votes in here.  I would appreciate it if some of you tell another member of the forum to pop in and vote, it takes about 5 minutes and would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:37:33 am by gutwrencher89 »

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2006, 01:53:24 pm »
Take to the sky!

What will you do?