0 (0%)
B
2 (33.3%)
C
0 (0%)
D
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Another Awesome Tribes RPG  (Read 11505 times)

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Another Awesome Tribes RPG
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:00:48 pm »
Hey I've been following Detoxicated's tribe thread and I like the idea, so I've decided to make my own.  This story will start off in the nomadic stage, and I will keep going as long as you keep voting!  I'll keep it fun and interesting no matter what you guys vote for.  I will update as long as people vote at least once every 2 days or sooner (unless I'm busy)
Also check out the thread by Detoxicated http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5779.0

For thousands of years our creatures wandered their planet, going about their individual lives and struggling to survive in the wild alone.  Throughout this time, our creatures died without making any progress towards advancing their race.  A new age of intelligence came suddenly, however, and after some time, our people learned to work together and thrive in their environment.  They learned to work in groups of about 20 each, which resulted in a dangerously competitive relationship with rival groups.  The people of this land became so efficient and competitive, unfortunately, that the creatures they hunted became more scarce and moved much more to avoid the groups of nomads.  Our tribe struggled greatly to survive in this worsening environment, and felt that their situation had to change to survive.  Our tribe's methods of building and dismantling shelter became advanced, and some tribesmen felt that settling was the safest thing to do.  The people came together to decide where to settle.  At the time, the main argument in the tribe was the distance to travel in order to settle.  The land changed greatly the farther the tribe moved, and some heard rumors of mountains in the direction of the Sundeath (West).  Where did the tribe choose (note: pros and cons are opinons of the tribe and may/may not be speculation)

A. Grasslands: PRO- most fertile land, no travel required, familiar land, more rivers  CON- more rival tribes, lessening wildlife, difficult to defend
B. Woodland PRO- most wildlife, 2nd least travel required, average defense, some rivers  CON- some rival tribes, dangerous predators, unfamiliar
C. Hilly Land PRO- average travel (3rd)/wildlife/defense/farming, less rival tribes  CON- unfamiliar land, rockier soil (harder to farm), rivers unknown, still have to travel
D. Plateaus PRO- Farthest from rival tribes, high defense  CON- longest travel time, unsure of fertility/water/wildlife/forest

Post comments to let everyone know why you voted for what...and to help keep this thread from sinking lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:23:37 pm by gutwrencher89 »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Another Awesome Tribes RPG
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:33:39 pm »
I voted B so we can make this tribe different from the other.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:50:20 am »
B Wins.

After some debate, the tribe agreed that the forest was clearly the best place to go since it was closer and could be more easy to defend than the Grasslands.  The tribesmen spent a few days hunting with stones and branches to gather food for the trip, and they were off, travelling slowly with women and children.  After several days, the tribe reached the outskirts of the forest with very little trouble.  Having never entered the forest, the men took the lead and led the group deep into the forest, whose high canopy sheltered them from the sun and darkened the land.  Several miles into the forest, the group decided to make camp for the night, since the forest at night was very dark.
In the night, as many of the tribe were sleeping, strange creatures attacked and killed and wounded several tribesmen.  As the horrible night gave way to day, the tribe assessed the damages and discussed what they should do.

A. Move deeper into the forest
B. Stay, begin building houses and palisades on ground
C. Stay, begin building in trees
D. Stay, begin digging underground shelters

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:36:07 am »
Ummmmm its dead........ but I voted D YAY  :-\ I guess....
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:57:11 am »
Considering the thread started yesterday I wouldn't call it dead. one day in.  And so everyone knows i didn't base the first desicion off one vote, other people voted and didn't comment, which i have no problem with.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 09:04:01 am »
Oh...... :-[
Sorry Gut.....
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
It would be the smartens to just stay were you are and try to fight back! so B

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
Palislade walls would definetely keep animals out, and people and livestock in. So B

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:29:49 am »
Hmm dont worry about the link, like the ideas u have:)
ANYWAYS i vote for d because i like diggers
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:54:11 pm »
B because we don't know anything about these creatures apart from the fact that they kill people. They could actually live underground and only come out to eat, or they could be tree-dwellers.

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:27:44 pm »
We've got a tie right now with B and D so I'll leave this a little bit and if it doesn't change, I'll have to make the desicion myself

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:21:34 pm »
Hate to be the tie-breaker, but I'm going to go with B. We would probably risk just as much being ontop of ground as we would below ground because, as HolsteinCow said, we don't know anything about these creatures. Being ontop of the ground might help with agriculture and keeping livestock.
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 07:18:52 am »
C
Tree houses are nice!

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
CandyCane, I dunno what you voted for on the poll, but D won  ???

Immediately after making the desicion, the tribe began to dig their tunnel network, testing different ways to keep it structurally stable and ventilated.  At night, the tribe would take shelter underground and rest, and in the morning, they would get to work cutting down trees in the area and digging their tunnels.  After several weeks of this, the tribe had an advanced tunnel network to keep them safe from the creatures.  One night, a tribesman suggested that they light fires at the entrance to scare the creatures, but instead it drew them closer and helped them to find the tunnels, causing some trouble that the fighters were fortunately able to fend off.  As time went on, the tribe began building some homes above ground and moving underground at night.  The creatures did not destroy their homes, and the tribe decided that the heat was what attracted the creatures, and their fires underground could not be seen.  Over several years, the tribe grew quickly and forced the people to expand their tunnels regularly.

One day, a group of tribesmen exploring the area found a rival tribe's village.  They seemed to be well established, definitely long enough to have known about the night creatures, but some of the other tribe's guards saw the group and chased them away.  The tribe met one night in their meeting chamber and decided what to do.

A. Send a group over to ally with the village.
B. Send several scouts to get a closer look at the tribe
C. Send warriors to destroy the village (30 men)
D. Leave them alone, improve something else (will require another vote)

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:33:01 am »
A, because Better an ally then an enemy