Author Topic: The Sio (OMYL)  (Read 2926 times)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
The Sio (OMYL)
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:38:47 pm »
The Sio:

Evolution/ physiology:  The Sio evolved from a small flying creature called a Talcawb.  The Sio Stand at an impressive 8 feet tall, they're total extended wing span is around 20 feet long.  They stand on their two tale-like legs(long ago these feet actually were a single tale with a claw on the end used to catch prey).  Their low-set arms were also once legs in their less evolved form.  Talcawbs once had three eyes so that they could see in all direction, they were unable of turning their head as it was not seperate from their central body but they have since evolved into the Sio who now can turn their heads and the third eye has all but disappeared.  The only remnant of this organ is lighter blue spot on the back of the Sios' heads which is actually an eyespot capable of sensing some light and movement.  In a sense the Sio really DO have an eye on the backs of their heads.

Religion:  The Sio are mainly followers in Truespace, or the Nauceans.  They are known as one of the great peace-keeping races, most of their race will refuse to fight until it becomes the only option for survival.  Sios are often given the responsibilities of the equivalent of a human judge or other offices that require compromising and delivering a final decision or keeping peace.

History:  On their homeplanet they have found numerous ruins from and ancient race of what appear to be explorers but not enough to prove their existence for very long.  This leads to the belief that that ancient race visited the planet and possibly brought the Talcawb from another world.  This new world and ecosystem led to a drastic change in their physiology and evolutionary path.

The truth:  Unbeknownst to the Sio the ruins of the race they have found belong to the Syrbor.  The Syrbor logn ago found the Sio's homeplanet and it was to be Fritteraformed with their new technology.  The successfully transformed planet was given life indigenous to Frittera and became the second home of the Syrbor.  A great tragedy though led to the destruction of the Syrbor on this new world leaving only some of the plants and wildlife behind this left a niche open for a dominant sapient race, a niche filled thousands upon hundreds of thousands of years later by the Sio.

(The Talcawb are actually mentioned in my Syrbor thread as part of the wildlife of Frittera and the Syrbor are meant to be the ancient race that brought them to their new world.  Read up on it here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5417.30  Under the post headlined "Fritteran Wildlife")

Comment please!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:44:10 pm by nuclearchinchila »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: The Sio (OMYL)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:57:34 pm »
they're purdy :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:00:54 pm »
they're purdy :)

thank you, someone responded YAY!!!! (sorry, it's just practically this exact same post has been sitting in the OMYL thread for who knows how long and no one has said anything about it, and Operaghost if you ever need me to draw a Torpal, I'll probly do it.  Idk why but I LOVE drawing me some Torpal.)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 07:02:01 pm »
and Operaghost if you ever need me to draw a Torpal, I'll probly do it.  Idk why but I LOVE drawing me some Torpal.)

thanks, i'll keep that in mind  ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 01:25:26 am »