Author Topic: Odabons - OMYL Creature  (Read 12034 times)

gec05

Odabons - OMYL Creature
« on: August 08, 2006, 05:55:49 pm »
Introducing the evolved sapient version of the Oandidobons, the Odabons!

History

Through the years these creatures have maintained their gleeful and care-free nature. Now they are intelligent, optomistic and friendly. 50,000 years ago in the present time, the Surpentyne beasts nearly made it to Beyon City but were halted by the Saatra when passing by the moon Audro. However, the Saatra could not contain them. In anger for being stranded on the water moon, they forced the Saatra to construct a dirty bomb using all the chemicals and mutagens on the planet. Before the rocket could be launched to Beyon, the Saatra changed the coordinates at the last minute once reinforcements arrived. The rocket hit Parrch instead, thus the Oandidobons there were nearly wiped out. Few survived but the mutagens were too strong for an antidote. The only thing to do was to administer an extra ingedient to the mutagen already exposed to the Oandidobons as their only means of survival. As a result, they shrunk dramatically to a 6 ft. height and took on a humanoid form.

The Sombreron knew they lost their most prized market resource being that the creatures soon will be sapient. In great anger, the Sombreron personality changed drastically. Now they became enraged with war in their hearts and vowed to destroy every existing Surpentyne in the galaxy. When war was declared, defenses were nearly ignored and the Surpentyne moved quickly to get their hands on all technology to stand up against the onslaught. The Surpentyne are clever tacticians which allows them to survive wars for long periods of time while the Sombreron are still n00bs at war. Thousands of years later, the economy of Beyon City quickly dropped due to poor planning. All other alien races soon left the planet in fear of their lives and in displeasure of the Sombrerons management of the situation. They eventually founded their own city, soon Beyon City fell upon itself. The Sombreron eventually lost grip on the war and hid within the nearly evacuated planet of Beyon. They waited for the Surpentyne to set foot on the city so that they would release a virus that would wipe them out. It worked, but wiped out the Sombrerons as well. A million years in the future, Beyon remains as a ruin covered in moss and vines.

The Odabons reached their peak, discovered technology and traveled to Beyon to find what they believed to be their ancient guardians. Sadly, they found noboby on the planet. They are curious about much of what happened in the past with so many things left behind. They couldn't find anyone reminicent of the past, the Sorracore System has changed.

Culture

The Odabons are children at heart throughout their lifetime. They are cheerful despite hardships and their optomistic spirits keep them healthy. Much of their practices would thus include a little more fun when working. Their minds also tend to wander about, making them curious about everything. They are innocent pranksters when it comes to their darkest tendancies but usually do it to make friends. They understand the basics of war and will join the fight for what is right but sometimes they question war itself when the reasons become unjust or pointless.

Religion

The Naucean Gods seemed to be the only desirable path toward love and wisdom. They pay homage through festivals and indulgent feasting in dedication to those who long ago helped their lost guardians when they were in need (Haclyon War).

Diet

Odabons tend to splurge on their diets, but it's a drastic difference compared to their gluttonous ancestors. They are still herbivorous and they enjoy many foods that classify as fruits. They don't enjoy a lot of vegetables though.

I'll come up with more later.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:52:10 pm by gec05 »

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: Odabons - OMYL Creature
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:02:08 pm »
wow, their so....cute. I love em
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:04:27 pm »
Aw. It looks snuggly.

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 06:09:30 pm »
Wow. I've always liked creatures like this. It's great!(If I say so myself)

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:09:56 pm »
now I got it. It looks like that thing from lilo and stitch!!
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

gec05

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 06:10:43 pm »
What thing? :(

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:12:21 pm »
umm.. Stitch, thats what it reminds me of. I always liked Stitches design.

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 06:21:06 pm »
Hmmm...-looks closely- Doesn't really look like Stitch that much... But, c'mon. I mean, in this day and age, there's always gonna be something similar to whatever anyone makes.  ;)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »
Awesome!  This reminds me of when I posted the Sio in the OMYL thread, they were the sapient evolutionary form of the Talcawb(a little flying creature on the Syrbor home planet).  But they got ignored and no one posted anything about them, I think I'll go give them their own thread now.  And keep up the awesome work Gec05!  Your stuff is superb as always.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 06:30:59 pm »
dear god they're so cute! i...I want to kill them, but i just cant!

The Sombreron knew they lost their most prized market resource being that the creatures soon will be sapient. In great anger, the Sombreron personality changed drastically. Now they became enraged with war in their hearts and vowed to destroy every existing Surpentyne in the galaxy. When war was declared, defenses were nearly ignored and the Surpentyne moved quickly to get their hands on all technology to stand up against the onslaught. The Surpentyne are clever tacticians which allows them to survive wars for long periods of time while the Sombreron are still n00bs at war. Thousands of years later, the economy of Beyon City quickly dropped due to poor planning. The Sombreron eventually lost grip on the war and hid within the nearly evacuated planet of Beyon. They waited for the Surpentyne to set foot on the city so that they would release a virus that would wipe them out. It worked, but wiped out the Sombrerons as well. A million years in the future, Beyon remains as a ruin covered in moss and vines.

with beyon being an economic epicenter, there would be such a large amount of races there...would it really get all ruined and whatnot just by the sombrerons? 

Religion

(We need a God for a fourth space that represents love, emotion and youth. Call it Innerspace)

i could see 'em worshipping the nauceans...all peaceful and whatnot...LMAO they should worship the torpals, that'd be hilarious  :D

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »
Well, I'm sure the Torpals love their wives and children. In a violent, passionate way.

"Honey! I'm home from slaughtering hundreds of people with my bare hands. GIVE ME INTERCOURSE, NOW."

gec05

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 10:33:04 pm »
The Sombreron knew they lost their most prized market resource being that the creatures soon will be sapient. In great anger, the Sombreron personality changed drastically. Now they became enraged with war in their hearts and vowed to destroy every existing Surpentyne in the galaxy. When war was declared, defenses were nearly ignored and the Surpentyne moved quickly to get their hands on all technology to stand up against the onslaught. The Surpentyne are clever tacticians which allows them to survive wars for long periods of time while the Sombreron are still n00bs at war. Thousands of years later, the economy of Beyon City quickly dropped due to poor planning. The Sombreron eventually lost grip on the war and hid within the nearly evacuated planet of Beyon. They waited for the Surpentyne to set foot on the city so that they would release a virus that would wipe them out. It worked, but wiped out the Sombrerons as well. A million years in the future, Beyon remains as a ruin covered in moss and vines.

with beyon being an economic epicenter, there would be such a large amount of races there...would it really get all ruined and whatnot just by the sombrerons? 

Before the Sombrerons wiped themselves out, other races had already left due to the ongoing war. Nobody really appreciated how the Sombrerons handled the situation at the city so they left to form their own city. Not all Sombrerons died since some of them are away in other parts of the galaxy. But because their numbers drastically were wiped out, survivors could hardly find a mate to reproduce and they eventually expired over thousands of years. The Beyon as we know it in the present still exists and will continue to thrive during the next several millenia.

Religion

(We need a God for a fourth space that represents love, emotion and youth. Call it Innerspace)

i could see 'em worshipping the nauceans...all peaceful and whatnot...

The Nauceans are too neutral to be about love and emotion. They're right between Order and Chaos which equals Wisdom. Wisdom has no dealing with love as it bases to logic, predictability and critical thinking. That means Wisdom cannot love because it finds emotion to be unpredictable, formless and irrelevant.

These are the most commonly desirable attributes of a God.

Power = Torpals
Justice = ViS
Wisdom = Nauceans
Love = (missing the most important part)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:49:05 pm by gec05 »

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 11:18:50 pm »
Some religions don't have a loving God.

Like Zeus. He was only in it for the sex. Lots. And Lots. Of Sex. With multiple mortal women.

gec05

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 11:22:47 pm »
What about Eros, Greek God of Love? I'm not saying the forth God should get top roster, but I think that kind of attribute would be much appreciated.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 11:36:16 pm »
These are the most commonly desirable attributes of a God.

Power = Torpals
Justice = ViS
Wisdom = Nauceans
Love = (missing the most important part)

but they dont have to just be taken that way...they could always worship one and still be loving...

Each of these can be worshipped in any number of ways. A warlike race who believe ViS to be the good god will practise methodical combat, emphasising numbers and solid tactics whereas a warlike race who see Torpal as the Principal god will be zealous and brutal.
Peaceful believers in torpal will usually shun technology in favour of culture, while the opposite is true for ViS followers.
As always, Naucean exists in equilibrium between these two.

Essentially, each species sees one of the gods as evil (and will strive to be unlike him) one as good (and will try to be like him) and one as Neutral (and will worship him, but pay no real heed to his desires)
Of course, as with all religions there are permutations, cults and heretics with their own version of events.

just sayin'  ;)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]