Author Topic: Naked War - Excellent turn-based game  (Read 1470 times)

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Naked War - Excellent turn-based game
« on: August 08, 2006, 03:24:46 pm »
I haven't seen any mention of this on the forums so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up - there's an awesome turn-based strategy game fot the PC called Naked War. It's not rude at all - it's quite the opposite! Instead of dying your little guys lose their uniforms and so can't fight until they get them back.

The game itself is a turn-based 2 player strategy affair. You have limited movement points for each character each turn and a limited number of attacks. The presentation is really cartoony but it looks cool. It's a surprisingly deep game and is totally addictive.

The unique thing about the game is how you actually play it - the two players don't need to be online at the same time. One player makes his move and then 'sends' it via email to the other person. Next time that person signs in to their email inbox, they download the small attachment and watch the opponents turn play out in the game. They then move their guys, email it back and so on. It's a really cool system and it means you can be really flexible and just play a turn whenever you have time, I've spent the week sending off a turn before work and then I have my opponent's turn waiting for me when I get home.

You can download the game completely for free (it's about 50Mb) and the free version lets you play matches on one computer or play one free online match. You only have to pay to send 'challenges' to a friend and you can buy 20 game challenge tokens for $19.99. The developer guarantees at least one hour play per dollar or something like that.

Anyway, the official websites put it much better than I can, so I'll just post links. I will say that it's a really great game and worth trying out for free!

http://www.naked-war.com/hq/index.php
http://www.naked-war.com/instructions/index.php

PS join me in the blue army!

Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

c14dude

Re: Naked War - Excellent turn-based game
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 03:33:30 pm »
tbs games FTW

downloading now..

EDIT: ugh the game hurts my eyes!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:40:11 pm by c14dude »

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Naked War - Excellent turn-based game
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:51:07 pm »
Lol.

If anyone wants to challenge me, my username is the same as my forum one.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.