Author Topic: Easter eggs  (Read 32845 times)

Offline Satryghen

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Easter eggs
« on: June 26, 2005, 03:44:35 pm »
I was thinking about easter eggs (like the robots in SimEarth) and I was thinking of what type of things they could hide in Spore that might be kind of fun to find.  Well one of the things that I think would be entertaining is if Will hid Earth (or more appropriately the Sol System) somewhere in everyone's universe.  Just tucked away somewhere in the corner of each player's galaxy is Earth at the start of the tribal stages (giving you more time to mess with them) or maybe in the civ stage so you can hear them on the listening device.  Considering each player's galaxy has thousands of stars you could potentially never run into them.  I think it would be kind of fun, sort of like stumbling into the Sims.  Plus who doesn't want to blow Earth into tiny little pieces.

Anyone have any other ideas about entertaining little easter eggs that could be fun to have hidden throughout the universe in Spore?

-Satryghen

Offline Silver_Kiwi

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: An easter egg idea
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:50:37 pm »
I think that has been mentioned a couple times around these boards, but I still think it would be pretty cool...;)
Hmm, in the way of other easter eggs...
Maybe pre-scripted mutations taking place if your creatures do certain things...

Hmm, random thought...
Maybe this game will have a sort of 'ultimate' technologies, but you could only research one.
Like in alpha centauri, where you end the game by becoming proto-humans.
Maybe you could end spore by moving past corporeal bodies...? Perhaps an ultimate doomsday device (hey, I can still hope for one...;) )

lol, crazy ideas, but it would be pretty cool to see after like 500+ hours of play...  :D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 05:04:36 pm by Silver_Kiwi »
Silver_Kiwi

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 05:43:11 pm »
going transend was my favorite victory other than conquer or economic

"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 05:46:14 pm »
Either Will's planet from the demo, or a world of Carebears.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 06:14:00 pm »
I think the most obvious ones would be guest creations.

Just get someone famous and let them play with the editor, since it is a pc game first and foremost i think it would be a great idea for "cheat codes."

Personally I want to see things from sim city such as llama references and so forth.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 06:15:39 pm »
I think the most obvious ones would be guest creations.

Just get someone famous and let them play with the editor, since it is a pc game first and foremost i think it would be a great idea for "cheat codes."

Personally I want to see things from sim city such as llama references and so forth.

Haha... Llamas with broccoli buildings!

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 08:34:25 pm »
I was thinking about easter eggs (like the robots in SimEarth) and I was thinking of what type of things they could hide in Spore that might be kind of fun to find. Well one of the things that I think would be entertaining is if Will hid Earth (or more appropriately the Sol System) somewhere in everyone's universe. Just tucked away somewhere in the corner of each player's galaxy is Earth at the start of the tribal stages (giving you more time to mess with them) or maybe in the civ stage so you can hear them on the listening device. Considering each player's galaxy has thousands of stars you could potentially never run into them. I think it would be kind of fun, sort of like stumbling into the Sims. Plus who doesn't want to blow Earth into tiny little pieces.

Anyone have any other ideas about entertaining little easter eggs that could be fun to have hidden throughout the universe in Spore?

-Satryghen

wow...indeed that would be pretty cool, it could have all the continents all the same planets etc. heh I would have fun with that  :D

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:12 pm »
I was thinking about easter eggs (like the robots in SimEarth) and I was thinking of what type of things they could hide in Spore that might be kind of fun to find.  Well one of the things that I think would be entertaining is if Will hid Earth (or more appropriately the Sol System) somewhere in everyone's universe.  Just tucked away somewhere in the corner of each player's galaxy is Earth at the start of the tribal stages (giving you more time to mess with them) or maybe in the civ stage so you can hear them on the listening device.  Considering each player's galaxy has thousands of stars you could potentially never run into them.  I think it would be kind of fun, sort of like stumbling into the Sims.  Plus who doesn't want to blow Earth into tiny little pieces.

-Satryghen

Idea theft!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 09:46:35 pm »
I would like to see Sol System... but different from the real world... maybe have Cats be dominant on earth or Mars be inhabited and Earth dead.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 03:33:37 pm »
MONKIES!!! WITH GUNS!!! And cute little civil war outfits, perpetually waging war on themselves. Ahhhh, the entertainment never ends.....at least not until I blow up their planet. :'(

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 03:39:29 pm »
I would like to see Sol System... but different from the real world... maybe have Cats be dominant on earth or Mars be inhabited and Earth dead.

Yeah!  Who doesn't love cats.  They could make a world inhabited by living Aerises!  This is Aeris for those who don't know:

Offline Evil Overlord

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Fools,i'll destroy them ALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 06:43:08 pm »

Yeah! Who doesn't love cats. They could make a world inhabited by living Aerises! This is Aeris for those who don't know:

I hate cats though that might be because my families "pet" cat is actually a feral tomcat!
I'll eat your soul

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 08:42:31 am »
I'll pretend i didn't see that.  Everyone loves cats!

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 05:31:56 am »
going transend was my favorite victory other than conquer or economic

That was a good victory, but it took too long.. Usually I had already conquered half the world or more before finally going transcend..

What an amazing game that was.. Good times.. *sniff*

Anyhoo.. As far as eastereggs are concerned: the Earth idea sounds amazing and even plausible.. I'm not very good at coming up with these things, so I couldn't help you there..

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 08:35:39 am »
Most likely you'll find a tiny planet that will load up one city from SimCity4, or a neighborhood from the Sims 2 onto it.