Author Topic: Easter eggs  (Read 32590 times)

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
Re: An easter egg idea
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2006, 06:57:30 pm »
Maybe a "procedural voice" saying, "We demand more polygons!" (from SimLife's "We demand more pixels!" text). I remember when I first read that, I thought it was the programmer's way of saying, "You need a better computer!". A Llama planet definately should be in the game. The llama is virtually Maxis' mascot.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:59:22 pm by vbGamer »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2006, 07:44:33 pm »
Maybe a "procedural voice" saying, "We demand more polygons!" (from SimLife's "We demand more pixels!" text). I remember when I first read that, I thought it was the programmer's way of saying, "You need a better computer!". A Llama planet definately should be in the game. The llama is virtually Maxis' mascot.

Don't forget SimLife's petrified llama droppings.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 08:08:30 pm »
i love looking for easter eggs in games.  easter eggs are the best parts about some games just because they make you play them to find them all. 

as for what kind of easter egg would be fun to find i think the world of pokemon would be fun, that way you can let lose your carnivores to rip them all to sherds, or finding the convenant home world and having them follow your UFO back to your home world and destroying your planet.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Evil Lil Spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 01:04:32 pm »
Ferocious carebears on earth, eating all the humans.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 01:44:34 pm »
No, Earth will be populated by Llama-Riding Will Wrights.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Elyas

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 02:13:06 pm »
I think that the funniest easter eggs would be when you are searching using the SETI-like signal.  The radio tranmissions you could receive could be really funny.  Can you imagine if you were using that over a planet and you heard something like, "Nobody here but us chickens!"

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 03:31:33 pm »
No, Earth will be populated by Llama-Riding Will Wrights.

Maaaa! Um... Maaaaa! Um... Maaaaa! Um... Maaaa!

Ferocious!
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 03:36:06 pm »
I've said it before,and I'll say it a milleon more times!

Space Whales Easter Egg
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 05:11:54 pm »
Maybe Will Wright will visit your planet, and I'm sure one of the developers will make a star constellation saying something.

Constellations could look completely different from a different point of view, though.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2006, 05:19:47 pm »
Can you imagine if you were using that over a planet and you heard something like, "Nobody here but us chickens!"

<---- :-\ ... Thats right.  Move along... nothing to see here ;) ;D

Book, book, book

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 05:20:38 am »
I reckon a highly evolved lizard will be better!
Under construction

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 09:02:05 am »
I'm guessing there will be a ton spoofs on sci-fi movies

-A derilict ship on planet LV-426 (Alien)
-A statue of liberty on a planet of apes (mentioned earlier)
-A planet of creatures like you but extremely tiny (Twilight Zone)
-A City on a planet that is acutally a giant creature (Far Point Station - Star Trek)
-A forest moon fullof little teddy bear creatures (Ewoks, Star Wars)
-A desert planet located farthest away from the bright center of the universe (Tatoonie- SW)
-A deathstar under construction
-A ringworld
-A blackhole with a spaceship orbiting is (The Black Hole - Disney)
-A llama world
-A sim planet
-A moon with an apollo lander on it
-Veger 6 (Star Trek 1)
-Monoliths (2001) scattered about - It'll become a type of treasure hunt
-A red planet with NASA probes on it (and in it ... oops)
-The Predator home world
-Darwin 4 (Wayne Barlowe book)

I'm sure there will be more
-Lego

This reminds me of an old playstation game called Tail Of The Sun. It was made by a company called artdink and it was where you were a village of cavemen and everytime you died you switched to a different cave person. Each had different stats and all had different faces. As you progressed in the game your society evolved henceforth obtaining better weapons and huts. The game pretty much revolved around you exploring this world filled with lots of nasty creatures. It was like a whole world and you could go to one end and come out at the other. It had lots of easter eggs like. Stone facial features lying about. Another village of people. Dinosaur bones. A dead alien, penguins, white mammoths, and other weird things. The game was actually pretty addicting and sometimes, even a little freaky.
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2006, 10:53:52 am »
I totally remember that game, still have it too. I never did finish it though, think the ultimate goal was to build some sort of tower out of mammoth bones. But I do remember having to run around hunting and gathering food and stuff, and finding little secret hidden caves and advancing the tribe through various ages. I also remember how I'd run my dude around until he collapsed from exhaustion and was forced to sleep, often just before approaching a steep hill so he'd go sliding down into some lake or ocean and drown.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 11:13:40 am »
I remember that game! I never figured out how to do anything, and nothing ever happened, but I remember it!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2006, 04:30:37 pm »
I totally remember that game, still have it too. I never did finish it though, think the ultimate goal was to build some sort of tower out of mammoth bones. But I do remember having to run around hunting and gathering food and stuff, and finding little secret hidden caves and advancing the tribe through various ages. I also remember how I'd run my dude around until he collapsed from exhaustion and was forced to sleep, often just before approaching a steep hill so he'd go sliding down into some lake or ocean and drown.

Holy crap, so true.

I still have the game too
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm