Author Topic: Money in Spore  (Read 19365 times)

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Money in Spore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 03:39:34 am »
Hm you will have to kill when you come out of the sea i think, but my point was that he stressed there WOULD be other ways to get round fighting people during city building etc.

Might well be! Maybe trade/research/exploring ect.

Still it all looks really survival of the fittest to me. At least the first two stage you will need combat (well lets call it hunting) to get ahead.

But hey, carebears can be made! Maybe you can play like them also! :D
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 05:53:46 am »
trade/research/exploring are all basically survival of the fitist when you boil it down. I don't see why you couldn't have a peaceful race the only thing that they woul dneed to include is the ability to earn creation-points via harvesting resources, say raising domesticated animals, diplomacy, possible from trade with other cities, not everything needs violence, especially after you've gained sentience.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 06:05:23 am »
trade/research/exploring are all basically survival of the fitist when you boil it down. I don't see why you couldn't have a peaceful race the only thing that they woul dneed to include is the ability to earn creation-points via harvesting resources, say raising domesticated animals, diplomacy, possible from trade with other cities, not everything needs violence, especially after you've gained sentience.

If anyone realises that then that's Will Wright.  I think we can safely say that some sort of similar feature will hopefully be included into the game, if it isn't already.  But yeah, that's a good idea i think and if it isn't in the game already then i would like to see it as an addition =).

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 06:06:36 am »
Will, Will, He's our man, If he can't do it, No one can!
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 06:14:13 am »
Indeed!  Although i'm not a fan of the Sims, you can't help but admire his determination to do even better.  The Sims is the biggest selling game of all time, am i right?  Yet still he wants to create something even better!  He isn't sitting back enjoying the millions he's made but is striving to make a game that truly is the best (we are yet to see if he succeeds, but he is certainly on the right track), which is why i am confident that he will come up with a good option for generating money/winning the game in alternative fashions.

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • "I'm just a bean trying to get some sleep..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 01:36:42 pm »
What I think would work would be a VERY small payment of "Sporeleons" over time as a reward for simply surviving.

You could get a decent reward of cash for eating plants, and a larger reward for eating other creatures.

The city building phase would probably earn cash in the ways similar to SimCity or Civ, where you don't have to attack anyone else at all, just have good resource farming or diplomacy.
--Quantum

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 01:37:52 pm »
let's not forget, mining, fishing, hunting n gathering, to start it off.

Offline Anemic_Royaltea

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 10:56:01 pm »
in addition to IPOs, Litigations, politics and middle management?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2005, 02:34:24 am »
in addition to IPOs, Litigations, politics and middle management?

Maybe in a basic form, but i don't think that the idea of this game is to be Civ3-esque in its different politics etc.  I think it's supposed to be easy to use, something you can sit down for 20 minutes to play and feel like you have achieved something, in preparation for the sandbox that is exploring the universe.  Just how i imagined it to be anyway...

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2005, 03:27:56 am »
I hope every area of your creatures evolution is as in depth as the next in this game. I've seena few people mention they think the game is all just a build-up (or tutorial) for when you get the UFO and can run around the galaxy. I want this to not be true and I don't really think it is.

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 10:50:31 am »
I hope every area of your creatures evolution is as in depth as the next in this game. I've seena few people mention they think the game is all just a build-up (or tutorial) for when you get the UFO and can run around the galaxy. I want this to not be true and I don't really think it is.

Agreed, I want to be able to spend as much time as I want in each phase and not be forced to mve on to the next phase once certain criteria is met. From how Sims played I am sure Will has taken that into account.

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 10:58:11 am »
Will Wright essentially said that each of the games were building up to the 'sandbox' mode - but he didn't imply that they were simply tutorials. Merely that the sandbox mode was sort of the 'ultimate' gameplay that he was aiming for. I'm sure the early gameplay will be fun and interesting. The sandbox mode is simply to go back and play those fun and interesting games again, in new ways (and other games, of course).

-Craig

Offline SABscope

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 12:21:04 pm »
My guess is that you won't have money in the 'savage' stage. When you hit tribal you will be able to earn monet by hunting, havesting, and prehaps just living. But it seems to me that in the City stage you will be making an immense amount more money than in the tribal stage, so mabye your citizens day jobs will contribute to the overall revenue.

Offline kmr

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • One hep cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 01:14:14 pm »
I think that whatever "money" the game will use in its later stages is quite simply a new form of the the "evolutionary credit" you gained earlier on, via feeding and what have you. It's merely a sign of your progress, and can be spend on your creature's evolution, the tribe's cultural progress, and later on upgrades for your civilitation and UFO.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2005, 07:35:21 pm »
That's a good one kmr.