Author Topic: Get this....the Spore Arena!  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Camdoggery

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Get outta heeeeeere.
    • View Profile
    • www.camdoggery.deviantart.com
Get this....the Spore Arena!
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:18:13 pm »
An idea for an expansion, or who knows?

By the time our precious creatures reach the space stage, we'll be missing out on the fun of running around like packs of wild animals, or tribesmen, kicking it oldschool. I know I'll miss stabbing creatures with my pointed stick.

What if there were big interplanetary "arenas" that people could fly their UFOs to to? In the arenas, one might choose a certain number of allies, and then have a fight randomly generated creatures (out of other players content). It might be a giant creature, a swarm of small creatures, or an enemy team. The fights might be for fun(Nearly endless, I'd imagine, if new creatures were continually downloaded for fighting), or could be part of missions. Or maybe you'd put down some space credits and have the possibility of winning big, or losing it all.

Maybe this could be the link bewteen different players.

Ideas?

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Get this....the Spore Arena!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 06:12:43 pm »
It sounds pretty good.
What of sports such as soccer and the like? The Adurians would probably be good at it.

Offline Camdoggery

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Get outta heeeeeere.
    • View Profile
    • www.camdoggery.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »
I didn't think of that, that could be pretty cool. Small creatures'd be quicker and usually get the ball more, and big creatures could block easier and kick farther.

Offline contingency40

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
    • Furious Publishing
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »
Good idea, let's kidnap Will Wright's wife, hold her hostage and demand the feature be included or his wife will be murdered and dumped in the Boston river.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 08:33:39 pm »
Good idea, let's kidnap Will Wright's wife, hold her hostage and demand the feature be included or his wife will be murdered and dumped in the Boston river.

nah too much work, lets just tell him that we kidnapped her and will do all that crap you mentioned earlier when she's just in another room doing something.

That'll get him.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:45:08 pm »
 ::) Knowing our luck we might just get the to him while there doing it

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:07:29 pm »
There was a very good topic on this before, where a lot of us agreed it would be great to have a real-time online place to go to in the spore universe where people could mingle. Being a "massively single player" game, all contact with other players content is made through computer control. Allowing people who reach space and research a space-ship drive even higher than the interstellar warp thingy, or whatever they research to use black holes as transport, you could send your UFO into a wormhole and it would connect to a sort of online hub. Once there, you could chat with other present players from around the world, trade cards, play familiar mini-games (perhaps with parts of them changed with custom content, like chess with visual representation of creatures that both players agree on), perhaps some kind of card-game with the sporepedia cards you have collected, or enter a creation into the arena. The entire real-time online interaction hub has some real potential, and could be another pocket of fun to be tapped into. Whilst it wont be anything as groundbreaking as Spore itself, being composed of familiar games, chatting and trading, it would still be funky, and would allow some direct interaction to keep the communities woven closer together.

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:08:46 pm »
Sapients are proven to have recreational activities already. I can see no reason that two or more species could kick a ball around together. I doubt, however, that there will be too much in the way of rules or scorekeeping. Still might be intensely amusing to watch.

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 11:20:18 pm »
*chases down opponent and bites off head*

:D

The most violent game of soccer in the universe!
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »
You know Maxis reads these forums, right? Why, Will Wright is probably sitting in his Soyuz right now, scribbling in a notepad about hitmen and aspirin.
There was a very good topic on this before, where a lot of us agreed it would be great to have a real-time online place to go to in the spore universe where people could mingle. Being a "massively single player" game, all contact with other players content is made through computer control. Allowing people who reach space and research a space-ship drive even higher than the interstellar warp thingy, or whatever they research to use black holes as transport, you could send your UFO into a wormhole and it would connect to a sort of online hub. Once there, you could chat with other present players from around the world, trade cards, play familiar mini-games (perhaps with parts of them changed with custom content, like chess with visual representation of creatures that both players agree on), perhaps some kind of card-game with the sporepedia cards you have collected, or enter a creation into the arena. The entire real-time online interaction hub has some real potential, and could be another pocket of fun to be tapped into. Whilst it wont be anything as groundbreaking as Spore itself, being composed of familiar games, chatting and trading, it would still be funky, and would allow some direct interaction to keep the communities woven closer together.
Even Will Wright agreed that, if it's in or is added, multiplayer will be done with a portal to another galaxy.

everything in this post is true except the scribbling -- if I had a Soyuz, I would sit in it all the damn time
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 02:07:17 am »
*chases down opponent and bites off head*

:D

The most violent game of soccer in the universe!
Ok. Definitely amusing to watch.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 02:12:11 am »
Can a mod merge this with the earlier topic about this?

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 07:40:34 am »
I know I made a topic like this over a year ago - in fact, I think there's tons of old topics on ideas.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 01:41:56 pm »
How well do you think your races would do in a game of soccer? Adurians are desighned to kick thingys, and run in straight lines..So I'd say so-so. But they have excellent teamwork skills, and a good sense of fair play. On the otherhand, they might be a bit too docile.

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 03:57:37 pm »
In the first Black and white you could play multyplayer,You started with a new iseland but if you behaved Evily in multyplayer but your usualy good,it would effect your singal player game,Take this for example.

Me and a friend played a lan,Our creatures came accrose each other and fought,Horse verses Polar Bear,I forget who one but He left a huge scar across my creatures back,Later on a went into singal player and the scar was there.

Maby something like that.
We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....