Author Topic: The Picoids  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
The Picoids
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:06:07 pm »
This thread is divided in two creatures. The Picoids and the Rusmots. These two creatures are natural enemies living in the same planet/moon.

Stats

Space Stage (currently)

Name: Picoid
Scientific name: Picoes Nadus Monus Sapiens
Locomotion: Swimming
Diet: Herbivores
Lifespan: 23 years average
Size: 3 cms. avg. (adults), 0.4 cms. avg. (children)
Weight: 5 grams avg. (adults), 1.2 grams avg. (children)
Sexuality: All Picoids are hermaphrodites
Gestation: 1 day and lays an egg
Incubation: 3 days and eggs hatch
Offspring: 25 - 30
Adolescence (can breed): 5 years
Adulthood: 10 years
Mid-age: 15
Elderhood: 20

Overview

The Picoids are tiny marine creatures that like easy life, but they also like to be as a family. They will let any creature take them as long as they agree to take all the family members of the group and also that they will be taken care of correctly. So far only only one species of creatures is allowed to take a family of Picoids without any consequences and that is the Aleunen, but other creatures can still ask to be included. (The Picoids could be considered the sea monkeys of the universe  :P). The Picoids live in Aidan, the nearest moon to Gabbleon.

Picoid/Aleunen Relations

The Aleuni have agreed to help and protect the Picoids. The Aleuni discovered the Picoids while in an exploration project of Aidan about halfway through their Civilization Stage. When the Picoids were discovered, the they still were in their Creature Stage. The Aleuni helped the Picoids to evolve and to reach the Space Stage. The Picoids reached the Space Stage a long time before the Aleuni because they considered the ability to get out of their planet more than enough of an achievement for it to be counted as an advance to a new stage.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:23:53 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: The Picoids
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:12:29 pm »
yaay, you posted them! If my guys didnt like organics they'd get some of these" sea monkeys of the universe"

nice job ;D
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: The Rusmots
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:16:50 pm »
The Rusmots

Overview

Name: Rusmots
Scientific name: Canger Mechans Sapen
Locomotion: Walking and swimming
Diet: Rocks
Lifespan: About 100 years before they rust
Size: 10 cms
Weight: 1 Kg
Sexuality: Asexual

The Rusmots are the natural enemies of the Picoids. They are robotic crab-like creatures. They were inserted in the moon by an enemy race of the Aleunen called Rothan. They destroy everything they can find.

Reproduction

Rusmots make copies of themselves. They first go into a low power mode, in which they stay until the production is completed. In this mode, their body functions are minimized sharply. Most of the energy not being used is directed to the production of the new Rusmot. The production lasts about 76 hours. During this time, the Rusmot is very vulnerable. It is of high importance for Rusmots to find a place to reproduce.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:18:52 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
Re: The Picoids and The Rusmots
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:53:21 am »
I keep reading "Rusmots" and thinking it says something else. Anyone want to try and guess what? It has very little to do with robot crabs.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Sporeman

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:53:20 pm »
Rumshots ;D
first the Eeleon system tommorow... another system with a different name

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:49:11 am »
rustbots?
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 11:15:14 am »
// The Kangorian Empire has reiceived your call for help. As one mechanical species to another we have decided to give your race support against your enemy. We will help the Rusmots in their war against the Picoids.//
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 04:06:41 pm »
This is a Picoid.

(I know it's a bad drawing)

Picoids are really simple physically. They have three eyes that come from a tubular limb on top of their head. This allows them to look at any direction. They use their tails and fins for movement.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:24:18 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 04:13:11 pm »
I said it before and i'll say it again. Nice pic, simple but good.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 06:39:37 pm »

That's a Picoid house. Those houses are made to float on the water while keeping balance. Picoids live in colonies made up of hundreds of thousands of this houses. The entrance is on top of the dome. The houses have basements that almost reach the bottom of the base.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:22:50 pm by Lualmoba »

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: The Picoids and The Rusmots (now with 2 Picoid drawings)
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 08:01:20 pm »

(My worst drawing yet)

This is a Rusmot.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Picoids and The Rusmots (now with 2 Picoid drawings)
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 08:04:15 pm »
I like the new pictures. Keep up the nice work, ;D

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 07:28:24 pm »
This is just the history as far as evolution goes. This doesn't include any of the events during their history. Because of the great involvement the Aleunen have had in the Picoid's evolution, they are included here.
I will add the other stages later.

History

Evolution and development of relationships with the Aleunen.

Creature Stage

The Aleuni discovered the Picoids early during their Civilization Stage when they made their first rocketship and decided to explore Aidan. When the Aleuni found the Picoids, they were in their Creature Stage. The Aleuni took a few samples to investigate them and when they saw how interesting they were, they decided to do a deeper research. The Aleuni compared them to the other creatures in the planet and found that the Picoids were the most likely species to survive. They began helping the Picoids from that point on. They teached the Picoids their language and helped them become more cultural. Since the Aleuni didn't want to interfere on the Picoid's evolution, they let the Picoids learn what kind of building style they liked and they pushed the Picoids to be more social. After a few hundred years, the Picoids and the Aleuni developed a strong friendship and the Picoids advanced to their Tribal Stage.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: The Picoids
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 08:57:47 pm »
I was thinking of letting this die, but I decided to just keep updating.

Vehicles

The Picoid vehicles are transparent spheres. These vehicles are mentally controlled. The Picoids developed these vehicles with the help of the Aleuni. This also helped the Aleuni improve their mind-machine interface technology. A helmet comes from the top of the sphere, along with some wires, and it's placed on top of their head. Then, the Picoids control it with their thoughts. These vehicles are made from the same material as the Aleunen buildings. They are widely used because of their cheapness and for protection against the Rusmots, since the material it's made of is highly resistent.

Oh, and sorry for the double post.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:02:24 pm by Lualmoba »