Author Topic: I guarantee that this band is the best currently on this page.  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
The Gathering
They're difficult to define in terms of genre. They started out as little more than a pretty unremarkable doom metal band, but over time, and thanks to some rather fortuitous lineup changes, they metamorphosised completely, and now have much more of an ambient, melodic sound.

And the best part is, they are in no way, shape or form influenced by hardcore!

Unfortunately, it seems that it's almost impossible to find good sample tracks on the Internets. Their MySpace suddenly doesn't have any tracks on it. Well, it has one... But anyway, I have searched high and low, and in the end, Purevolume came to the rescue. Still probably not the best selection, but if you don't like these, you probably wouldn't like their other stuff either. Enjoy!

c14dude

Re: I guarantee that this band is the best currently on this page.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:16:36 pm »
ugh

Girl Singers = NO NO!

theres only 3 girl singers i can stand.

Lacuna Coil is the best out of them all (and she is gorgeous, almost as much as my girlfriend)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:29:39 am »
ugh

Girl Singers = NO NO!

I'm going to have to go with this one. Whilst the music is good, I don't like the singer. Maybe I can fiddle with Audacity to try and take it out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:59:56 am by Daxx »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:46:06 am »
ugh

Girl Singers = NO NO!

Lacuna Coil is the best out of them all (and she is gorgeous, almost as much as my girlfriend)
What! Anneke is the best part!  :'(

But I won't argue about Christina Scabbia (for a change). Who are the other two? Also, what's the problem with female vocalists anyway?  :-\

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:25 am »
I'll tell you my problem with them in country music, at least.

The style is all wrong, and the lyrics don't make much sense to me.

Country by males is turning into twangy rock and roll (see: Big and Rich, Trace Adkins). Country music by women is turning into teenage pop (see: Any female country singer).

Lyrics by males are steering more toward "I want to bang you" but they still do it respectfully and southernly (see: Pickin' Wildflowers: Keith Anderson). Lyrics by women are turning into "I love you la la la my world is nothing without you blah blah blah." (See: anyone)

I don't relate to female country lyrics, and I don't like the melody. That adds up to SUCK!

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:34:32 am »
I'll tell you my problem with them in country music, at least.

The style is all wrong, and the lyrics don't make much sense to me.

Country by males is turning into twangy rock and roll (see: Big and Rich, Trace Adkins). Country music by women is turning into teenage pop (see: Any female country singer).

Lyrics by males are steering more toward "I want to bang you" but they still do it respectfully and southernly (see: Pickin' Wildflowers: Keith Anderson). Lyrics by women are turning into "I love you la la la my world is nothing without you blah blah blah." (See: anyone)

I don't relate to female country lyrics, and I don't like the melody. That adds up to SUCK!
Woah, let's not bring country music into this.  :-X

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:40:25 pm »
ugh

Girl Singers = NO NO!

What! Anneke is the best part!  :'(

But I won't argue about Christina Scabbia (for a change). Who are the other two? Also, what's the problem with female vocalists anyway?  :-\

I tend to like most female vocalists, at least when they're working in genres I listen to. Won't catch me anywhere near the country, or most pop for that matter. How about the chicks from Evanescence, Nightwish, Tristania, and the recently mentioned Flyleaf? Or maybe Kittie?  ;D
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 02:17:48 pm »
I tend to like most female vocalists, at least when they're working in genres I listen to. Won't catch me anywhere near the country, or most pop for that matter. How about the chicks from Evanescence, Nightwish, Tristania, and the recently mentioned Flyleaf? Or maybe Kittie?  ;D
No, yes, maybe, no, and Hell no, respectively.

If this has turned into a female vocalists thread, I think the Dresden Dolls definitely deserve a mention, although that's about all they have in common with any of the other bands mentioned in this thread.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 02:24:52 pm »
I went to see Sugarcoma a few years ago. Well, I went to see SOiL, but they were supporting. They weren't that great, I'll be honest.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:00:09 am by Daxx »

c14dude

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 04:12:41 pm »
the dresden dolls was one of the other girl singers i like and the last one is the genitourtures.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 10:18:45 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T29Lqpi2RQ&search=diamanda%20galas

I think the video speaks for itself. I'm not quite sure what it says, but it definitely says something.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

c14dude

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:47 pm »
well......atleast that wasnt creepy.... ::)    :'( :'( :'(

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 07:23:17 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T29Lqpi2RQ&search=diamanda%20galas

I think the video speaks for itself. I'm not quite sure what it says, but it definitely says something.
What... the... ****?

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 02:35:33 pm »
Anyone thinking Stevie Nix? I love Stevie Nix.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 05:29:15 pm »
I tend to like most female vocalists, at least when they're working in genres I listen to. Won't catch me anywhere near the country, or most pop for that matter. How about the chicks from Evanescence, Nightwish, Tristania, and the recently mentioned Flyleaf? Or maybe Kittie? ;D
No, yes, maybe, no, and Hell no, respectively.

If this has turned into a female vocalists thread, I think the Dresden Dolls definitely deserve a mention, although that's about all they have in common with any of the other bands mentioned in this thread.

Honestly, the Dresden Dolls are one of my favorite bands...ever.  ;)
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...