Poll

How will you get your copy of Spore?

Im going to order it from a local store.
20 (24.1%)
Im going to order it on the internet.
20 (24.1%)
Im going to buy it in the store.
34 (41%)
Im going to download it illegally.
7 (8.4%)
Im not going to get spore.
2 (2.4%)
other.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: How will you get your copy of Spore?  (Read 4846 times)

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
Re: How will you get your copy of Spore?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 07:37:54 am »
I admit, I pre-ordered spore already. Why? Because the sales people backed me into a corner at my local EB Games.

Here's how the conversation went.

Me: *Hands over some cleaning fluid and some dryers for a broken disk*

Clerk 1: Is that all?

Me: Yep!

Clerk 1: You sure you don't want to pre-order anything?

Me: *Jokingly* Only thing I'm planning on pre-ordering anwhere in the next 5 months is Spore.

Clerk 2: Wait... *Confers with Clerk 1 and computer* We're accepting preorders on that. You want?

Clerk 1: It's only 5 dollars. You should know that because you pre-odered half the existing Sims 2-based-things from us.

Me: Actually, it's just a quarter. Your sales person gave me the special pre-order slip for the chicken suit... Which I HAVEN'T used. I'm planning on giving it to my friend.

Clerk 1/2: *Ala Chorus from Little Shop of Horrors in "The Meak shall Inherit" break one* It may have special features, you know you want it. Buy it now to make sure. Buy it! Buy it!

Me: *Freaking out* Okay... *Hands over money*

Clerks: YAY!

So you know... I'm normally pretty strong willed. You can never convince me to buy something I don't want. Only convince to buy stuff I want... SOONER!

I'm still weak willed though.
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline 10-Neon

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 10:28:39 am »
I have enough game shops around me that I never have any problem finding anticipated games on launch day. Store it is.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate." -The Resteraunt at the End of the Universe

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:48 am »
For some reason the phrase "Any which way, but lose" comes to mind.

Offline dlseth

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 01:56:06 pm »
1) Spore wont be worth the money, in which case why the **** are you spending time to download it?

Downloading it properly takes less than 1 minute because I'm not gonna stare at the download while it's actually busy. If my time would be worth 600 USD per hour then Spore would cost me.... 10 USD.

2) Stealing is justified, in which case I want to know if you would be pissed if someone stole your computer?

It's not stealing nor theft. It's copyright infringement. Stealing or theft includes depriving someone of things, copyright infringement means just making or using an unauthorized copy of a protected work. If you want to make a perfect copy of my computer, be my guest; the processor is fried so you can only run it at 1633mhz instead of 1667/6mhz.

3) Maxis, as a large company, is evil and thus stealing from them in justified. If this is true, then I ask you, why the HELL do you have a computer? If you believe in redistribution of wealth, then you should donate all your money, belongings, etc. to the poor in third world ****holes, so that you barely have enough to live.

Copyright infringement. I know that EA doesn't give a hoot about the game or anyone's experiences with said game, so why should I care about them?

Really, if you want to stop copyright violations so badly, why dont you mail EA and tell them to take several logical steps?

1) Drop prices by 50%
2) Dont release buggy junk
3) Stop asking (nearly) full retail prices for dependant software

That said, I'll probably buy the game in a store. Unless it's available in the US 1 month or more before being available in Europe, in which case I'll 'import' it the cheap 1-minute way.
}><(((^^>

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 02:30:11 pm »
It's against forum rules to discuss illegal behaviour. If you want to talk about illegal downloads of Spore or any other game, take it elsewhere please.

Offline Paroxysm

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • "You must kill your best friend."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 06:09:25 pm »
I'm going to get up, leave the house, travel to my local Gamestop, enter said Gamestop, and purchase the game.
Don't say "welcome to the forum" or anything similar to that to me. I've been here forever, just never found the need to post.

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 12:39:58 pm »
i will preorder it and pick it up at a store, however should i hear beforehand that the game will be impossible to get even through preorders then well uh.... anyone know where WW lives? jk
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 03:07:38 pm »
I'm gonna download it illegally of course...JOKE!! ;D

I be ordering from the interweb

For anybody in the UK - If you pre-order from http://www.gameplay.co.uk and select first class delivery, you will get the game the day before release ;)
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page